ReefCleaners.org

New 46g bowfront tank!

flick

I've found an AMAZING CLOWNFISH DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Heres their info:

"Clown Fish for sale!!!

All tank raised and fed the highest quality of food.

Every specie availible, even in the rare colour forms.

- Ocellaris

- Percula

- Maroon (gold or white stripe)

- Clarkii

- Saddle Back

- Black Ocellaris

- Tomatoe

- Cinnamon

Price depends on specie and size, but they start at only $10"

Im inquired about 2 black percs (a pair) but think i now want 1 true perc, and 1 black perc to still have the bright orange colour, also a funky rare black one ;)

Here are pics they supplied...

post-17889-1173057955_thumb.jpg

post-17889-1173057978_thumb.jpg

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im wondering if i should take Maverick, the Bicolor angel, back to the LFS :(

He's still healthy now, and is awesome! :D but hes not eating as much as id like, pretty much nothing in fact... :( The amount of food hes eating is like humans eating 5 cheerios a day :( I LOVE him to peices, but i've tried 5 most tempting fish foods and he isn't eating NEAR enough food :( Ill call LFS tomorrow... and see if i can swap him for another angel... I'd hate to do that (take him back) but the poor guy, i should have never gotten a fish that is soo sensitive to eating :( What was i thinking?!??!?! :(

What do you think i should do guys? Please help!!!

Flick :(

You've only had him for 3 days. It sometimes takes fish weeks before they'll eat.

Hell, I have a Canary Blenny who still hasn't eaten any prepared food and I've had him for 2 months now.

Oh my!!!!! :o

How is he living??? Im just worried becuase soo many sites say that biclor angels hardly ever, but some do, make it past acclimation as they dont eat :( However i've seen many people successfully have them for years! :D I hope im one of them ;)

Check out my new post under Fish section, "Does he look like hes eating?" ;) There are pics, and more info on the scenario!

Flick

Whoa! I can't imagine being this paranoid about one fish and his eating habits. Before you have a conniption, I say bring him back to the LFS and get yourself a pair of Clown Fish. New pictures of the tank?!

-Carl

You think i should???

I think im going to give hime a bit more... A member on here (Mr. Bojangles) works at that LFS i got him from... so im going to ask him when/if i should bring him in... I want to wait few more days though. Water quality is great, everyone else is eating awesome! Just not him :( This SUCKKKSS!!! :( :( :(

Ill take new pics soon! :) Im getting coraline on the back wall! :D and the rocks really getting more purple! :P

Flick

HORRIBLE NEWSS!!!!!! :(

First off, the bicolor angel STILL Isn't eating! The tanks going well, and all is perfect! :D Tested water yesterday, all 0, temp perfect, e.t.c! :D Chromis was eating a lot, and is soo healthy!!! Until tonight!

I get home from the barn (i horse back ride) and find my chormis pretty much dead!!! :o I was SOOO SHOCKED AND SURPRISED!!! He was floating around, barely, alive, so i just took him out, and flushed him once he was prettty much fully dead :( What is wrong? The shrimp is perfectly fine, the angel is fine (other than hes not eating) and the xenia are fine (If water was bad, they would be shrivled up, the shrimp whos very sensitive, as well as the angel, would also be dead? The chromis is the hardiest fish i have!!! And hes the one who died! (

Im taking back the bicolor angelfish tomorrow around 1pm... Getting a store credit i guess. Should i swap him for a new fish? Or what do you think? Im thinking of doing a water change? Ill test the water again tonight, to double check what *may* be wrong. I also thought maybe the angel and the cleaner shrimp (got same time, same tank) brought in a disease, and the chromis is the only one that it affected? :(

Please help guys... Im sooo confused!!! In all, by tomorrow, i will only have my cleaner shrimp in the tank. Chromis died, and im giving the bicolor angelfish back...

Flick

Sorry to hear about your loss. What kind of test kits are you using? If they are cheap then theres a chance they could be wrong. Stick to Salifert and Seachem.

Did you ever try feeding cyclopeeze? Or angel food? I wouldn't get a new fish until you figure out what killed the chromis.

Thanks andrewkw...

Im using a liquid master test kit...

I never did find the angel food :( When i called the shop i got the angel from, they were out of it, and said they would just keep feeding mysis shrimp. As thats what they feed their SW fish, and the angel did eat it at their store. He hasnt eaten any, and the top of his head (above eyes) is pinching (a sign hes starving)... :(

The shrimp who is very sensitive, and the angel, who to is very sensitive, not to mention my xenia, are all fine! :D So nto sure why the hardiest fish, died SOOO RANDOMLY!!! :( :( :( Anyone got any ideas???

Thanks

Flick

Flick

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals? I suggest you switch brands, those test kits have a very bad rep. I've used them before and got inaccurate results for caclium.

Xenia is very hardy i've found. Try cyclopeeze. As already mentioned i've yet to see a fish resist it.

Thanks man...

I will look. What test kits do you suggest? Or reccomend? :)

Im trading in the angel, regardless :( I was going to try cyclopleeze, but i just bought mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and various other foods!!! I see your point, and it may sound like im giving up on the angel, but i've already got a ride out tomorrow for 1pm, and its a done deal... :(

Flick

Thanks man...

I will look. What test kits do you suggest? Or reccomend? :)

Im trading in the angel, regardless :( I was going to try cyclopleeze, but i just bought mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and various other foods!!! I see your point, and it may sound like im giving up on the angel, but i've already got a ride out tomorrow for 1pm, and its a done deal... :(

Flick

I already mentioned Salifert and Seachem, they cost more but accurate results are worth it. I'm not going to fault you for giving up on the fish but if this is your dream fish you really should try everything instead of just getting a new one. Also keep in mind the fish is probably better off in your inexperience care then Big Al's. I bought a lunare wrasse there thinking it was reef safe it wasn't so I caught him. Took him back they gave me 25% of what I paid for him, then I mentioned to make sure you reacclimate him since they keep their salinty is at 1.018 and mine is 1.026 and the guy gave me this look like he regretted taking it back.

Thanks you two! :)

Yeah, sorry, bad night, not foccussing. you did mention the brands...

I know about him. He IS my dream fish!! I just cant risk having a fish like this! :( Soo terrible, im actually very sad to have to give him back :( Im soo attatched to him! Heck, i named him! :(

I dont want to get a new fish until mid way through march break... at least...

Thanks kismetsh... i hope so too :( Thanks for caring man! :)

Flick

mr.bojangles

personally i think that ur being way to paranoid... wait it out. ur not gona get much for the angel. second ur a little light on ur stocking list. id add a few gobies (not mandrin) to help sift ur sand to release the traped stuff. and a starfish or 2 will help. if ur gona bring him back we got some more bi-colours tonight. there about 1.5 inches and i sold the biggest tonight. if ur gona bring him back... dont tell morgan u bought him for only 30, he'll give u half of wat he would have. o and we didnt get any ocellais clowns this week. we got some nice tomato clowns (<1.5inches) and ther only $20

Thanks man! :)

Yeah i know, im too paranoid! :( I just want a healthy, happy fish that i wont have to worry if hes eating or not... I just set the tank up a month and a half ago (with cured rock and established sand)...so i had chromis, cleaner, and bicolor. I have the nassarius snails that are mixing up the substrate :) They are doing great! :D Waho!!! 1.5"!!! :o Thats tini!!! Thanks for tip! So i will get half? So they are regular $49.99... will i get $25 then??? How much are your bicolor angels you have now? Are they eating? And would you recoomend me getting another one, that actually eats?!?! Or a new fish...

I think i want a falser heraldi angel instead of the bicolor. Hardier eaters, still bright yellow, and GORGEOUS!!! I may come in, and order one tomorrow with Morgan to come in next thursday ;) If i asked him would you be able to order 2 in? And i pick the healthiest one, or my favourite one out of the two? Or will you only order what i will buy for sure??? Thanks man, this is awesome you work were i go! :D Such good tips, and advice!

Flick

mr.bojangles

also have u considered a marine betta. very pretty fish, will be very happy with all the caves u have. there 100 but i think worth the buy. beware that it may go after ur cleaner shrimp.

im telling u ur not getting 50% ... ul get 25-30% even at 50 dollars. the new ones r 36.99.

Naaa i dont really like marine bettas :(

Ohh i see now ;)

Are the new ones eating?!?! I am considering getting a new one, as long as it eats a lot! :D What would you think? Or should i order in a false heraldi angel? And can i order 2 in, and pick my favourite? Or do i have to buy what i order in...

Would a half black angel be good in my tank?

Thanks again man...

Flick :)

You guys sure had a lot of half back angels... and im sure you still have a few healthy ones???

Heres a link on them...

http://www.centralpets.com/animals/fish/sa...sh/swf1920.html

Flick :)

mr.bojangles

no half-blacks... im teling u. any bi-colour will do the same thing. save urself some money and keep the one u hav. it will start eating eventually. all fish dont eat wen ther put in a new area. even fresh water will, marine will be worse. a wild caught marine at that

my suggestion is keep the one u have and save urself some money.

So, you think i should keep this angel?

What should i feed it? Hes getting very thin though :( I have tried frozen brine shrimp frozen, mysis shrimp, marine flake, and a few others. Do you guys have the frozen Oceans Nutrition angelfish formula with sponges, and stuff? Or frozen cyclopleeze?

Out of all aquarium foods, which food do you think he will first? (Mysis, cyclopeeze, brine, angel formula, seaweed)...

Flick

mr.bojangles

angel formula or mysis. if u can try live brine. im out if u do come in tomoro come after 5. i start wor then... and keep the angel. cuz im just gona end up selling it to someone else. it will all work out

Thanks man... Your really saving me! ;)

Do you have any of the angel formula? I have the mysis, should i keep trying it, and grab some cyclopeeze from a close LPS (Local Pet Store) in Guelph??? Or no... I've got encouragement that all fish love this stuf... but then again i was also told that about mysis :( lol

Ok, i *WILL* keep him! :D:( lol Not sure what to think about that... i just hope he doesnt die on my mom this weekend... that would be horrible! :(

Anyone have any info to help explain the healthy perfect chromis dying SOO RANDOMLY today? Thanks!

Flick

Hey Jeff!

I think im going to try 'Pet Paradise'... Its a pet shop, but its getting much better now, has good marine stock :D And has gotten a fridge full of frozen food (where i got my brine shrimp, and mysis shrimp form).... Im pretty sure they have cyclipeeze. Should i get it?!?!

I have not gone downstairs yet, but my mom came up, and said Maverick (the angel) is doing good today. He's come out of his cave hes been in for the past few days all the time, even with a few people right infront of the tank. So im hoping that means hes getting more settled in? I HOPE SO!!! Hes starting to get very thing :( and last time i saw him (last night) he had black bags under his eyes :( ...

Flick

Archived