ReefCleaners.org

Geek'S 25g IM Lagoon - total darkness

Proudgeek

I just got home from picking up the first clean up crew for the cube. And what did i find in the ugly coral section? A basket with white rfas. Needless to say, i adopted one :)

IMG_20161002_172338712.jpg

• Like 1

Those are gorgeous

Beautiful

Thank you! The look much nicer in person :)

Now pray that hurricane Matthew does not hit us in South Florida so that I don't lose power. I just finished putting up hurricane shutters at my place and my fiancee's. Crazy tired.

Stay safe... all of you on the East coast.

cherokee2871

We didn't, good thing I don't have my tank up and running yet have been without power since 1100. Not a direct hit up here in St. Augustine but it was rough water is everywhere.

We didn't, good thing I don't have my tank up and running yet have been without power since 1100. Not a direct hit up here in St. Augustine but it was rough water is everywhere.

So sorry to hear. Luckily, the eye remained over water. It could had been orders of magnitude worse if it had made landfall as a cat 3/4. Good luck with your build.

Glad to see so many dodged the Hurricane in south FL.

Tank is looking great!

Thanks. Yes. Since Katrina, i don't trust these forecast models too much so we did a lot of preparation. Katrina was supposed to pass 80 miles north of my house while heading in the opposite direction. Long story short, it made a hard left instead of right and i got to stand outside while the eye was passing over my house :). Luckily, it was a cat 1 at that time.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So the mermans shaving brush specimens that I had added some time back have passed. They seemed to be doing ok but the tiny brittle stars ate their roots... That, to be put in perspective, is a similar task to digging an escape tunnel from an Alcatraz cell with a toothpick :o Those were some long, thick roots.

• Like 1
zachjohnson65

The one on the left is great looking . Darn folks that live in a state that is filled with coral and fish vendors. I'm just starting but it seems that VA does not have many.

• Like 1

Just literally picked these straight from gotcorals.com's nem tank. Their setup is super nice and everything is super healthy. It's also nice not having to pay for shipping :)

IMG_20161025_153001.jpg

• Like 3

damn, nice... wish i had access to a good pick.

my 3 cost me $135, which was a great deal here in SoCal

i've been thinking of a 10gal RFA tank..

maybe after x-mass

• Like 1

damn, nice... wish i had access to a good pick.

my 3 cost me $135, which was a great deal here in SoCal

i've been thinking of a 10gal RFA tank..

maybe after x-mass

Thank you. Honestly, I think it would be better if they weren't so accessible :)

I say go for it. I am thinking about downsizing ( and aesthetically upgrading) my biocube to a fusion 10. Right now it's a frag tank with a pair spoticinctus clowns. Going to get rid of most frags in the next couple of weeks. Decisions decisions... What I really want is an aquamaxx 22 with a sump but just don't have the space.

Just literally picked these straight from gotcorals.com's nem tank. Their setup is super nice and everything is super healthy. It's also nice not having to pay for shipping :)

IMG_20161025_153001.jpg

Those are frigin ridiculously gorgeous!

• Like 1

So I must confess that I've had some cyano for a little while. I've reduced nutrients somewhat but I decided to take additional measures. I just treated the tank with chemiclean and I also added the air pump from my QT HOB filter for additional oxygenation. Time to make 6 gallons of salt water with Red Sea pro for Sunday morning's water change. I'll also be doing major cleaning of the back chambers as I see some gunk back there :( Wish us luck.

Happy Friday!

IMG_20161025_153001.jpg

Sandy has some nice stuff................

Just got as few nems and rics today.

Tank is looking good!

• Like 1