Coral Vue Hydros

Dropped's Reef

dropped

I'm slow today. What was your dosing schedule when it was not 5 times a day?

It was 5 times at day totalling 45 ML then i went to 24 times a day at 46ml ( as 45 doesn't go into 24)

What kind of doser do you have? Many dosers are not accurate at minimum dosing quantities. That might be why you get different amounts when you go with more frequent but smaller doses.

I have the DP4 ( same as you i think) yea that kind of makes sense to me. I have tested it though and it does dose one mill at a time.

When I tested mine at 1ml I got different amounts each time. Sometimes right at 1ml,but not always. So I tried 10 1ml doses, and ended up with more than 10ml - I think it was something like 12ml.

Then I did 5 2ml doses and it was right at 10ml. But that just might be a bad pump on my doser, it's hard to say for sure.

• Like 1

When I tested mine at 1ml I got different amounts each time. Sometimes right at 1ml,but not always. So I tried 10 1ml doses, and ended up with more than 10ml - I think it was something like 12ml.

Then I did 5 2ml doses and it was right at 10ml. But that just might be a bad pump on my doser, it's hard to say for sure.

Yea, ill stick with what is working :)

My smaller tank i test alk once a week and its always perfect, this tank.... no way haha

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of cheap t5 fixtures. They were $50 bucks each half price, this should have been a dead give away. Tonight I picked up some gieseman bulbs and checked the par.... It was 15 30cm away. I'm guessing the ballasts are not 49watt at all and more like 20 haha.

Today was a busy day! it took way longer than i thought and i still have not completed all of the wiring. All main tank functions are running though.

Sump was moved over first. (quick Iphone photos)

421F1855-567A-4F11-B18A-64EDC16C9F63.jpg

I then let that run for an hour. The old display had a power head and heat to keep it happy. i didnt realize how filthy it actually was!

And not to mention way to full!

72FABAAB-99EA-48A6-96C0-08CB4CBABD76.jpg

All done! apart from a tone of cabling!

73078D29-6BDA-47E3-9FB9-18267E53BF85.jpg

• Like 5

And here are some par readings with the G3 radion at 50%, ive now it to 65% with a two week acclimation period to bring the par up a tad

par.png

Is this with all your colors at 100% and overall intensity at 65%?

Is this with all your colors at 100% and overall intensity at 65%?

Here is the levels i run, i have recently up'ed the % as its on a bigger tank now.

radion%20colours.png

Looks at all the extra space.

yip.... must resist.. must resist!

There two guys were ready to pick up when i got back from holiday... they are currently in my nano for a month for QT before they go into the display.

38CF10D2-8756-4039-B051-58E882E10688.jpg

And a quick FTS after ive added 10KG of real reef rock.... which isnt real.....

ab6f7e7e-06a2-46cc-b4d3-ab41df71403c.jpg

• Like 4

It seems adding 10Kg of real reef rock so soon after the tank transfer was a mistake.

Here are some pictures of the devastation, ive started doing 40Litre water changes every second day, i might step this up to daily if i see no progress.

Before the issue started

567D4F6E-FFEF-447F-9AEF-0DDB043367EA.jpg

FTS

EB1C243C-701E-4CE0-8CA2-1291AF5445CD.jpg

F89F3549-803E-4278-85A5-812F57BBC07D.jpg

D7D61DC9-9754-4391-94DD-073E3EEDF031.jpg

663D2ADC-9CBC-4CF4-901D-173F04A5B1F9.jpg

A1D6EE8E-3386-4BDF-959B-0B778AB89382.jpg

004DB688-60B4-4FE0-9D48-BC40035034C3.jpg

A2B51CDF-98F7-4840-AA49-B9C1D7B1F067.jpg

97D21E79-2FE2-46E8-A3CD-9B3A641FE5C4.jpg

BF1DB6CE-1F23-45CF-B1E7-99B185668A24.jpg

I dont really know whats going on.. but i think im going to loose some SPS

It's not the reef rock but the new tank that's the issue. Try small pinches of coral food daily to get something in the water and make sure your KH is stable. My tank did this when I removed too many rocks. If the water gets too clean the SPS pale and die in my experience.

• Like 3

Oh dude, i'm so sorry about the losses. I'd say its probably a case of too much too soon also. Did you rinse/soak the rock in fresh water before adding it? I've heard that particular rock is similar to the marine pure balls/blocks where excess particles can be damaging to the tank.

You have polyps, but everything's bleached/receded, right? Like Mark said, it does sound like low nutrients compared to alkalinity. Keep nutrient export up, but add food (organic nutrients) consistently, for sure.

• Like 2

It's not the reef rock but the new tank that's the issue. Try small pinches of coral food daily to get something in the water and make sure your KH is stable. My tank did this when I removed too many rocks. If the water gets too clean the SPS pale and die in my experience.

So are you saying do not do WC? and get the water a bit dirty?

Oh dude, i'm so sorry about the losses. I'd say its probably a case of too much too soon also. Did you rinse/soak the rock in fresh water before adding it? I've heard that particular rock is similar to the marine pure balls/blocks where excess particles can be damaging to the tank.

nope..... to much too soon!

Holy Hell. Heartbreaking to see. Hope things can recover.

Yea lets hope! but ive only seen decline.

You have polyps, but everything's bleached/receded, right? Like Mark said, it does sound like low nutrients compared to alkalinity. Keep nutrient export up, but add food (organic nutrients) consistently, for sure.

Yea everything still has polyp extension, oh Sh&t i extended the photo period on my cheato!! im guessing its stripping the water column. have not had to clean the glass in about two weeks and its still clean.