Cultivated Reef

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

it was a frag of only 2 heads. Yes, it is yellow on the pink part. Let me find an older pic. Pretty sure it was only a little more than a year ago. It now has 10 heads.

059_zpsefdbd4a3.jpg

004_zpsefcfe732.jpg

This is probably the best comparison shot as other acans are nearby.

007_zpscbe7c7d2.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. I like the blue on those. It has grown a lot in a year! Looks very happy. So the other ones in your last picture are acan lords?

jedimasterben

thought you might enjoy my finds at the beach today.

A tiny 'tidepool' in a rock directly in the Atlantic.

20150829_165413.jpg

Poor photo, but this one is pretty close to the high tide mark in the Indian River Lagoon, so it wouldn't be fully submerged for another hour or so.

20150829_181201.jpg

I always thought that when I did get a tattoo one day that it would be a rock flower. Now I'm thinking a cartoonified version of Gertie on a rock flower but as my first tattoo ever, and a way to remove an item from my bucket list, I'm going to do this in the morning on Sept 13th before my local reef mtg/swap later that day at 3. I like the heart paw the best.

paws_poster_zps8kjh85de.jpg

I found this when I googled mantis shrimp cartoon. Now Gertie has blue for her little legs but I like the concept. Of course she hits the rock flowers too but that would make for an interesting tattoo of her standing on an open rock flower that was a pretty yellow/orange or something, don't you think? She'd Still have to look like a mantis in the head, it's the most amazing feature with all those eye lenses. But i love Gertie as much as I love the rock flowers.

mantis_shrimp__by_acid_tongued-d339l59_z

The guy who did my tattoo last January had a simple mantis shrimp tattooed on the side of his hand near his thumb!

bet it felt like a mantis shrimp punching his hand when he had it done. :P

My tattooed friends all tell me tattoos near bones hurt most.

I always thought that when I did get a tattoo one day that it would be a rock flower. Now I'm thinking a cartoonified version of Gertie on a rock flower but as my first tattoo ever, and a way to remove an item from my bucket list, I'm going to do this in the morning on Sept 13th before my local reef mtg/swap later that day at 3. I like the heart paw the best.

paws_poster_zps8kjh85de.jpg

That's awesome! Are those tattoos actual size? If I did anything it'd have to be small. Something simple like the cat and dog heart :). Not much ink LOL.

Great idea and also helps out the local HS :)

I did work for a Tattoo shop years ago and have like a 2500.00 credit....still have not went and got any ink yet :unsure:

That's awesome! Are those tattoos actual size? If I did anything it'd have to be small. Something simple like the cat and dog heart :). Not much ink LOL.

I'm pretty sure they're only like 1-1.25". I don't want it on the back of my neck as I'd never see it. I don't want it on my ankle so I'm thinking wrist. I'm thinking the heart paw as I want to feel what the coloring in is like, to make sure if I want to sit through that on a larger tattoo one day.

Well the heart with the paw is the best one....covers both 4 legged friends ;) I have both but do favor one over the other....... :D

I'm pretty sure they're only like 1-1.25". I don't want it on the back of my neck as I'd never see it. I don't want it on my ankle so I'm thinking wrist. I'm thinking the heart paw as I want to feel what the coloring in is like, to make sure if I want to sit through that on a larger tattoo one day.

That's nice and small :).

Inside wrist? I'd probably go ankle if I were to do it. Or someone down there lol.

That's nice and small :).

Inside wrist? I'd probably go ankle if I were to do it. Or someone down there lol.

Knowing me I'd cut the skin shaving and I'm not sure the reaction would be good with hair removal creams so that's why I'm nixing the ankle idea.

Well the heart with the paw is the best one....covers both 4 legged friends ;) I have both but do favor one over the other....... :D

Can you show me a picture? I worry about the one w/ the outline, if not done right it could be messed up or what if the outline blurs over time? I've never had one but does that happen? Oh wait, did you mean have both pets or similar style tats?

Knowing me I'd cut the skin shaving and I'm not sure the reaction would be good with hair removal creams so that's why I'm nixing the ankle idea.

Can you show me a picture? I worry about the one w/ the outline, if not done right it could be messed up or what if the outline blurs over time? I've never had one but does that happen? Oh wait, did you mean have both pets or similar style tats?

Never thought about the shaving!

I think spectra meant they liked the one you are planning to get best because it could be the paw of a dog or a cat???? That's what I'm thinking anyways :).

oh and they have a dog and a cat but prefer one more than the other LOL

Never thought about the shaving!

I think spectra meant they liked the one you are planning to get best because it could be the paw of a dog or a cat???? That's what I'm thinking anyways :).

oh and they have a dog and a cat but prefer one more than the other LOL

Thanks, after I started writing I'm like, uh, maybe she didn't mean it that way. ha ha.

Yes I like the one you posted. Gena has it figured out and yes both animals :)

I do not have any tats. Want one but just have not done it yet.

Yes I like the one you posted. Gena has it figured out and yes both animals :)

I do not have any tats. Want one but just have not done it yet.

So you probably prefer dogs?

Just a guess based on your avatar :).

I prefer dogs. Had a cat once, my 1st husband's cat (not my 2nd loving husband). He wouldn't clean up after it, like he expected me to and it was his cat. He also fed it when it pawed at him at 3am. Too bossy. And I couldn't stand hair tickling my nose all the time, and it shed.

So you probably prefer dogs?

Just a guess based on your avatar :).

Yes :lol: That dog has such a personality she is at my feet as I type...

Our cat adopted us 15 years ago and not sure how much longer he has left in the tank. Great cat though.

I have cats and dogs as well and I bounce back and forth as to which is my favorite. The kitties are winning right now :). They are much lower maintenance in my experience.

I'm pretty much sure I'm just posting everything everywhere about my move down the line so I'll just stick the update here. I signed the preloan papers today at the mortgage company so they're sending all that to the lending company. This will take 3 wks, as will the perc test that is needed on the property. The other 4 properties up there have passed so no reason for this one not to. Then they can order my house.

The biggest news is that the manager called me today. The upper upper management reconsidered and I have a job again, IT WILL NOT BE OUTSOURCED!!!! Hallelujah! I can't tell you how scared I've been since the closing date was 12/15 and I was only to have a job til 11/30. I'm still trying to recover. I'm off all next week so I'm sure by then I'll be emotionally recovered. But they couldn't say anything til they got paperwork from upper upper management. So the main support will still be in in the Philippines, but not the level 2 escalated support team. I still have to keep my mouth shut as not everyone on my team will be "saved" as I call it. but..... omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg I was so :scarry: and :tears: and of course :rant: . Such a weigh has been lifted I can't tell you.

I'm pretty much sure I'm just posting everything everywhere about my move down the line so I'll just stick the update here. I signed the preloan papers today at the mortgage company so they're sending all that to the lending company. This will take 3 wks, as will the perc test that is needed on the property. The other 4 properties up there have passed so no reason for this one not to. Then they can order my house.

The biggest news is that the manager called me today. The upper upper management reconsidered and I have a job again, IT WILL NOT BE OUTSOURCED!!!! Hallelujah! I can't tell you how scared I've been since the closing date was 12/15 and I was only to have a job til 11/30. I'm still trying to recover. I'm off all next week so I'm sure by then I'll be emotionally recovered. But they couldn't say anything til they got paperwork from upper upper management. So the main support will still be in in the Philippines, but not the level 2 escalated support team. I still have to keep my mouth shut as not everyone on my team will be "saved" as I call it. but..... omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg I was so :scarry: and :tears: and of course :rant: . Such a weigh has been lifted I can't tell you.

What news!!!Thank God about your job!!! That is just wonderful! And everything comming together so well on the house and move! I am so very happy for you!!!

What news!!!Thank God about your job!!! That is just wonderful! And everything comming together so well on the house and move! I am so very happy for you!!!

Thank You so much. I can tell you 2 days ago I asked God to give me a real clear sign that everything would be ok. Got it! I was told at 2:30 today. But after that 7 wks of great uncertainty and anger, i'm still worn out. Job is still busy beyond belief and that won't change but at least I'm still there. I better make dinner. A pizza in the oven to celebrate. I'm easy to please.

Archived