Pod Your Reef

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

Dang, makes me want to consider a mini tank instead of my 20!! ;)

I love having small tanks. It is easier to make them look stocked. I don't have the money to make anything larger look good at the moment. Plus I don't think my roomie would appreciate a large tank! Haha. Are you getting an itch for a pico? ;)

• Like 1

I love having small tanks. It is easier to make them look stocked. I don't have the money to make anything larger look good at the moment. Plus I don't think my roomie would appreciate a large tank! Haha. Are you getting an itch for a pico? ;)

I think its having 3 tanks up and running right now. I do in total 15-20 gallon water changes weekly between the three. It's too much!! :closedeyes:

• Like 2

I think its having 3 tanks up and running right now. I do in total 15-20 gallon water changes weekly between the three. It's too much!! :closedeyes:

Thankfully since all my tanks are less than 6 gallons, the weekly water changes don't add up to much between the three.

• Like 1

Looks great. I like the blue mushrooms :)

I do too! They look almost iridescent at times!

21106224321_362c93b393_k.jpg

Found a tiny little friend in the Lime Box today. After inquiring about him I decided to put him in here since it is much easier to take this tank completely apart incase I need to catch him again. I hope he is a model citizen and helps nom all the algae in there. It is looking better and better each day.

• Like 2

21045364848_fdfbda10c5_k.jpg

The algae is clearing up! :D My little army of snails is doing a great job.

20610453574_81dcfd4488_k.jpg

Hard to get a good picture of him since he is so mobile, but today he was gently stroking and hovering over my duncans. Hopefully he will decide they make a good home sometime this week.

• Like 6

Nice top down! My clowns hang around my GSP, my torch, and my zoas, all in turn, making sure everything gets equally pissed off before moving on.

Thank you! My tiny spot of GSP doesn't seem to be enough to draw him in and so far I haven't seen him near the zoas. Who knows what the heck he does while I'm at work though! :D

Everything looks great! Those blue zoas are wicked cool, what are those call?

Oh they do look nice and blue in that picture. They are actually greyish with a bright green mouth and I have no idea what they are called. I imagine they don't have a cool name. Here is a more true-to-life picture.

20858670078_03397ceac9_k.jpg

Awesome I'm new to picos and I have a few questions for you =).

:) I'm happy to answer them if I can.

This morning I added 15~ micro brittle stars from fellow reefer GTi. It actually took 4 days for them to get into my tank but not a single star was dead when I opened the box! I also dropped in a couple collonista snails. :D

• Like 1

Top down shot looks really nice. Ya, clowns are tough to get a good shot of- constantly on the move

Thank you! It'd probably be better if I had a real camera that I could adjust the shutter speed!

Today is big tank cleanup day, expect more pictures later after I scrub everything out and do my waterchanges.

• Like 2

Thank you! It'd probably be better if I had a real camera that I could adjust the shutter speed!

Today is big tank cleanup day, expect more pictures later after I scrub everything out and do my waterchanges.

Nice- what size w/c do you normally do?

• 2 weeks later...

Got a box today from Live Aquaria, everything arrived alive and in good shape. Acclimated everything and added them to the tanks.

For the 3 gal I got a blue coral banded shrimp, the listing had it sized as "tiny", and tiny it is! :happy:

21526725850_824ac7f56e_k.jpg

21688594656_e85b9fb245_k.jpg

He spent a little time walking on my fingers before hopping onto some nearby zoas and taking a look around. I have not done my weekly tank maintenance so forgive the hair algae on the next picture.

21688595266_1ea888f44d_k.jpg

He seems to be adjusting well. I'll try to target feed him often to make sure he is getting food.

• Like 5