Pod Your Reef

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

19716664169_72a51071d6_k.jpg

This little guy doesn't come out terribly often. He was terrified of my phone while I was attempting to take his picture.

I've never seen him so active! He has been out and about for the last hour or so. I rewarded him with a tiny shrimp pellet! It is incredibly nice to have a tank right here beside me while I surf nano-reef and update my clinical logs.

• Like 5

19948590982_73e6dbf645_k.jpg

Well, my new Nanobox Tide arrived today. I got the old one hooked back up over this tank. I can start looking for cheap frags to toss in here. Gena's aqualifter will be tested soon to see if I can use it for ATO uses while I'm on break. Everything seems to still be stable in this tank, the fish store might have some clown gobies in tomorrow for me to look at. :happy:

• Like 5

19948590982_73e6dbf645_k.jpg

Well, my new Nanobox Tide arrived today. I got the old one hooked back up over this tank. I can start looking for cheap frags to toss in here. Gena's aqualifter will be tested soon to see if I can use it for ATO uses while I'm on break. Everything seems to still be stable in this tank, the fish store might have some clown gobies in tomorrow for me to look at. :happy:

Which ATO system do you have?
  • Like 2

Which ATO system do you have?

I have the Hydor for my 5gal, for my 3 gal I'm going to attempt to hook up a timer that I have to the aqualifter to put a little bit in in the morning and night. I'm hoping it will work for the short amount of time during my break! I know it isn't ideal, but it is better than nothing at all.

• Like 3

I have the Hydor for my 5gal, for my 3 gal I'm going to attempt to hook up a timer that I have to the aqualifter to put a little bit in in the morning and night. I'm hoping it will work for the short amount of time during my break! I know it isn't ideal, but it is better than nothing at all.

That actually should work out great :).
  • Like 2

That actually should work out great :).

I'm hoping so!

No fish today, they didn't get any clown gobies in...They do have tiny little percs, or a tiny yellowtail damsel. I know how most people feel about these fish in such a small tank though. :unsure: It'd just be nice to have some movement/color. I was able to snag two nice mushroom frags for the tank though.

• Like 2

Damsels are kinda mean I don't care for them clowns are a good choice,I'd honestly wait though for what you really want always works out better

They are kinda mean. I figured it'd be super tough though at least. Meh...I feel like I've been waiting forever for my fish to get here. It has been like 2 months now? :/

For sure- damsels are easy if they are the only fish. Very hardy!

Thats why I was considering that choice, and the fact that they are cheap, so God forbid something did happen to the tank, at least it wouldn't have been a super expensive mistake.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

They are kinda mean. I figured it'd be super tough though at least. Meh...I feel like I've been waiting forever for my fish to get here. It has been like 2 months now? :/

Thats why I was considering that choice, and the fact that they are cheap, so God forbid something did happen to the tank, at least it wouldn't have been a super expensive mistake.

Yeah damsels are like $8 at my LFS.

Then again, the CUTEST thing ever, blue tangs the size of your fingernail, are sold for $10 each. SOrry- I can't stop thinking about those :wub:

• Like 2

Yeah damsels are like $8 at my LFS.

Then again, the CUTEST thing ever, blue tangs the size of your fingernail, are sold for $10 each. SOrry- I can't stop thinking about those :wub:

Good thing I'm not all that crazy about tangs lol

Even when I get much much bigger tanks down the road....I don't really like them, so I doubt I'll have any.

I like the yellows ok bit I've said it before I'm not huge on keeping fish in my tank,I'd like it to be my clowns really and my wrasse for pest control

I like the yellows ok bit I've said it before I'm not huge on keeping fish in my tank,I'd like it to be my clowns really and my wrasse for pest control

That's what I really want that pink streaked wrasse for. They are good at pest eating! The little gobies are just for my pleasure! Love the tiny fish :wub:

• Like 1

That's what I really want that pink streaked wrasse for. They are good at pest eating! The little gobies are just for my pleasure! Love the tiny fish :wub:

Almost anything is cuter when its tiny!! Fish, kittens, itty bitty mushrooms... :)

• Like 3

Almost anything is cuter when its tiny!! Fish, kittens, itty bitty mushrooms... :)

It is SO true!! Haha.

Well, I need to find a timer with smaller increments. It reached 12 cups of water before I shut it off... :wacko: Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Lowes or something later to see if they have something like that. Got the cords and everything mounted nicely around the tank so that it doesn't look like a rats nest anymore. I still need 2-3 cups of sand. I may have to bite the bullet and buy a bag of sand for just that tiny amount. One of the mushrooms is in a shotglass with some rubble to encourage it to attach, the other set of mushies is still pissed off and adjusting to the much nicer light. B) Overall I'm very pleased with this tank at the moment, even though there isn't much in it!

• Like 1

Okay, I was able to find a timer that would allow me to do minute increments. It appears that it will work perfectly for my tank while I'm gone! This is great because I wasn't sure I'd be able to find one cheap enough. So it looks like I'm set, I'll put one 5gal bucket for the PicO and one 5 gal bucket for the picotope. They shouldn't use anywhere close to that amount, but just in case something happens I feel better about it.

Now a few tank shots. Forgive the shot glass, didn't want my new mushroom to escape!

19819406708_a8b033efa8_k.jpg

20012732921_e5c87fddda_k.jpg

19999734552_a20940840c_k.jpg

This is my view from the recliner while I surf NR! :lol:

• Like 4

How do you like your new light? Tank is looking really good.

My new light is fantastic! It is actually over the 5 gal PicO which will have pictures up later! This one is my original Tide with the storm controller. B) These lights are great! The corals seem to love them, which in the end, is what matters most!!

20002093012_0e20b16e63_k.jpg

Never get tired of watching this little guy.

• Like 3

How is everything so neat in your tank?

There really isn't a whole lot in this tank at the moment so lots of open space. I attempt to make the corals look natural when I glue them down, but I can't always get them off the frag plugs. :)

• Like 2

I'm hoping so!

No fish today, they didn't get any clown gobies in...They do have tiny little percs, or a tiny yellowtail damsel. I know how most people feel about these fish in such a small tank though. :unsure: It'd just be nice to have some movement/color. I was able to snag two nice mushroom frags for the tank though.

A pair of green-banded gobies would be fun for this tank. But I have seen small yellowtail damsels in these and they did just fine. Plus they are a nice pop of color. I think it would keep you entertained...they like to swim in and out of rock caves and such. Glad you found a timer that will work for your ATO :).
  • Like 3