Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arce's Tank

Arce

Alk read in at 7.7 this morning with 375 calc. Im going to lower my alk a bit and maintain 7-7.5 as ive seen the best results in my tank at those levels. Calc is still on the rise tho, going to manually dose tonight to bring it over 400.

• Like 1
I like my alk in the 7 range also. I used to keep it at 10-11.

Yea i used to keep mine sround 8-9, then i lowered it and my sps responded tremendously. So my plans to maintain around 7-7.5 from now on.

What do you keep your calc at kat?

tank looks great man!

Thanks Judeo, i need to take a new FTS since its changed alot since the frag swap.

I've always dosed about 25% more Ca than alk. Never could get a 1:1 with 8dkh 420 Ca.

Doesnt it really just come down to the concentration of the 2 part? Ive been using the Red Sea 2 part, its been easier for me since my LFS carries it and my dosages were lower when i first started, and i never came close to 1:1. Honestly have no idea though, as im not a pro on the subject.

Doesnt it really just come down to the concentration of the 2 part? Ive been using the Red Sea 2 part, its been easier for me since my LFS carries it and my dosages were lower when i first started, and i never came close to 1:1. Honestly have no idea though, as im not a pro on the subject.

I use premixed bionic. It is equally concentrated. It's weird I can't get my dose equal.

The katropora has begun encrusting...... :D

i regret not grabbing a frag during the swap. I bought the blue clam off her and its doing great. im considering moving it into my new tank once it is set up as one of the centerpieces but im afraid it might be to big for the 30.

i regret not grabbing a frag during the swap. I bought the blue clam off her and its doing great. im considering moving it into my new tank once it is set up as one of the centerpieces but im afraid it might be to big for the 30.

As soon as i saw her post on NJRC i jumped at the chance to get it. How bigs the clam?

Kind of unhappy with my tank at the moment, before things begin truly encrusting on the rock i may rearrange some stuff. Or i may just say screw it and leave it be, im never happy lol. Its mostly the right rock structure thats throwing me off.

• Like 1

My tanks also run in the 7.5- 8 range for alk. I am happy with that and my corals seem to be also. My tank is an LPS dominant with an attached seahorse softie tank so my useage of Alk and CA are lower than an SPS tank.

Kind of unhappy with my tank at the moment, before things begin truly encrusting on the rock i may rearrange some stuff. Or i may just say screw it and leave it be, im never happy lol. Its mostly the right rock structure thats throwing me off.

Are we aquarists ever truly satisfied with how our tank looks, or performs? I think it is our nature to always feel the need to tweak this, move that or add something in or to the tank.
  • Like 2

Are we aquarists ever truly satisfied with how our tank looks, or performs? I think it is our nature to always feel the need to tweak this, move that or add something in or to the tank.

very true

Well... I was planning on doing a weekly w/c and testing my levels today, but my hangover from last night ruined my whole day. The tanks going to have to go a another week without a change. Oh well. I really need to make things more consistent because ive ready begun losing some color.

Water change delay should not result in color loss. Something else is going on here.

Its from the alk issues I'm assuming, that's really what i meant when referring to making things more consistent as I'm still tweaking my dosages.

• Like 1

My wrasse some how jumped out, so upset. He somehow made it through the small opening i leave for my return line =[

Sorry about the fish, at least you tried.

Sorry about the fish, at least you tried.

Thanks. Yea its just so annoying, after my one clown jumped i felt horrible because i didnt have a top on so i made the screen top but had to leave a space for my return line since i go over the back. Oh well =[