Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this cube and it's giving me inspiration for my new Rimless.

Gina what's you light cycle on the Razor?

I have the same light that I'm going to put on the DSA 65 Rimless.

Thanks so much! It's been so long since I programmed that light. If I'm remembering correctly, and I think I am, it's on a 12

hour schedule. Ramping to it's peak at noon for a couple of hours. Maximum intensity is 80 on ChA and 90 on ChB.

I've been thinking of bringing that up too. Or maybe just getting the 120 degree reflectors, for the light. Maybe

I'll order those today :).

Thanks for checking out my tank :flower:. I'll have to check out your 65 rimless..sounds awesome!

love the latest fotos! :wub:

so sorry about your kitteh, gena. :closedeyes:

losing our beloved pets is so hard. *hugs*

Thank you my dear :flower:. Life's a bitch sometimes LOL. We just have to keep on swimming :).

Like that new angle for FTS - haven't seen your caps like that before

Thanks! You can't see how much of a bowl shape the idaho grape is in that photo. I'll try to grab a few more today for the new page. It's Friday :happydance:.

Water change day :).

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks! You can't see how much of a bowl shape the idaho grape is in that photo. I'll try to grab a few more today for the new page. It's Friday :happydance:.

Water change day :).

Cool- caps are one of my favorites for sure?

h5VVSd6.jpg

I moved this over here...hope you don't mind. OMG..those colors :wub:. Do you not have a tank thread? Would love to see

more of your gobies and your experiences with them. I'm fascinated by the little guys.

Here's one of my green banded gobies on the monticap :).

IMG_9503_zpsfytctvym.jpg

I have 5 greenbanded gobies, 1 neon blue goby, 1 masked goby in this tank. I could use some more little pixies for my tank.

Wish I could find some of those peppermints around here!

I moved this over here...hope you don't mind. OMG..those colors :wub:. Do you not have a tank thread? Would love to seemore of your gobies and your experiences with them. I'm fascinated by the little guys.Here's one of my green banded gobies on the monticap :).IMG_9503_zpsfytctvym.jpgI have 5 greenbanded gobies, 1 neon blue goby, 1 masked goby in this tank. I could use some more little pixies for my tank.Wish I could find some of those peppermints around here!

I will start tank thread. But it will be more about dwarf gobies then anything else.

You should try peppermints. So freaking cute. They would LOVE your tank.

Edit:

Added pics

dVsHU9W.jpg

7V6jIjn.jpg

stone pebbles are about size of my finger tip. Tank is only 12x12x12 but it feels as if it was much, much larger. (Last pic captures 1/3 of the entire tank. Just a perspective on how small these gobies are. It's the largest goby of them all. Almost twice the size of the smallest pepper. He (she) is also the most dominant, which makes females easier to identify)

P.S

I wanted to get that green banded goby but can't find one.

love all dwarf gobies. That Monti is jaw dropping.

And with 7 gobies, you are officially "goby diva".

7 here as well. 3 peppers, 2 new peppers kinda and 2 eviota gobies.

Peppers are all in the same cube. Makes it easier to watch them and take notes.

I think it's adorable, your goby land o' plenty.

I can't get enough of them :).

Ermagurd, those gobies are so cute! My LFS said they'd request some Masked gobies for me from ORA :D

Oh awesome :happydance:.

I will start tank thread. But it will be more about dwarf gobies then anything else.

You should try peppermints. So freaking cute. They would LOVE your tank.

Edit:

Added pics

dVsHU9W.jpg

7V6jIjn.jpg

stone pebbles are about size of my finger tip. Tank is only 12x12x12 but it feels as if it was much, much larger. (Last pic captures 1/3 of the entire tank. Just a perspective on how small these gobies are. It's the largest goby of them all. Almost twice the size of the smallest pepper. He (she) is also the most dominant, which makes females easier to identify)

I will try to locate some. Last I looked, no one had them though. Your photos are awesome!!!!!

P.S

I wanted to get that green banded goby but can't find one.

love all dwarf gobies. That Monti is jaw dropping.

And with 7 gobies, you are officially "goby diva".

7 here as well. 3 peppers, 2 new peppers kinda and 2 eviota gobies.

Peppers are all in the same cube. Makes it easier to watch them and take notes.

"goby diva"....I'll take that :D. My other tank has a green clown goby, masked goby, and neon goby as well LOL.

I got my 5 greenbanded gobies from this eBay seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-GREEN-BANDED-GOBIES-live-saltwater-fish-pack-/281621720027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4191f66bdb. He sells out fast, so don't wait too long if you want them. He's an awesome

seller, very professional. Don't be afraid to buy from him. Maybe you don't want 5 of these guys so you could

always turn in one or two to your LFS. 5 for $55 total including shipping, can't beat that price. I was thinking

about writing the seller to see if he can find me some of the peppermints :D.

Ok....question has been sent to that eBay seller. He takes requests :D. I'm interested in any other little gobies he

comes across. I'll let you know what I find out!

He replies fast! He said the area where the others are is bad. So I guess that means no, he can't get them. I didn't pry LOL.

Oh well...I'll just keep looking :).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I've been waiting for him to get some back in stock. Just ordered mine! Thanks for posting this, Gena :)

I can't get enough of them :). Oh awesome :happydance:. I will try to locate some. Last I looked, no one had them though. Your photos are awesome!!!!! "goby diva"....I'll take that :D. My other tank has a green clown goby, masked goby, and neon goby as well LOL.I got my 5 greenbanded gobies from this eBay seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-GREEN-BANDED-GOBIES-live-saltwater-fish-pack-/281621720027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4191f66bdb. He sells out fast, so don't wait too long if you want them. He's an awesomeseller, very professional. Don't be afraid to buy from him. Maybe you don't want 5 of these guys so you couldalways turn in one or two to your LFS. 5 for $55 total including shipping, can't beat that price. I was thinkingabout writing the seller to see if he can find me some of the peppermints :D.

Thanks. It is simple point and shoot cam with average pic quality.

Wish I had Monti like yours for all those gobies to perch on. They just look so cool chilling on it. Almost looks like circus ring with clowns performing silly tricks.

Thanks for link Gena. I will hold on to this source if I can't find a pair in next few weeks. Weather is still a factor so I would rather take less risky approach. There are only 3 decent shops within 25 miles of my house. But fingers crossed.

Ok....question has been sent to that eBay seller. He takes requests :D. I'm interested in any other little gobies hecomes across. I'll let you know what I find out!He replies fast! He said the area where the others are is bad. So I guess that means no, he can't get them. I didn't pry LOL.Oh well...I'll just keep looking :).

I can find source for you on west cost if you look for some dwarfs......

Gena, that photo of the GBG on the Monti is fantastic! Maniu, your goby tank looks awesome; I'm going to go check out your thread now :D

https://vimeo.com/48234146

Please see this video. One of smallest eviota gobies.

Gena, that photo of the GBG on the Monti is fantastic! Maniu, your goby tank looks awesome; I'm going to go check out your thread now :D

Thank you. There will be more info as time permits.

Thanks. It is simple point and shoot cam with average pic quality.

Wish I had Monti like yours for all those gobies to perch on. They just look so cool chilling on it. Almost looks like circus ring with clowns performing silly tricks.

Thanks for link Gena. I will hold on to this source if I can't find a pair in next few weeks. Weather is still a factor so I would rather take less risky approach. There are only 3 decent shops within 25 miles of my house. But fingers crossed.

I can find source for you on west cost if you look for some dwarfs......

Oh definitely. If you know of a source out here let me know :). That eBay seller wrote me back and told me to keep in

touch, so I'm thinking he's going to try to find them for me!!!!!

Love your tank Gena, do you have any problem with the gobies being so tiny with your other fish?

Thanks so much! No issues at all. They are afraid of my leopard wrasse though. Just cuz she's so big

and swims really fast. They hide when she comes around and she pays them no attention.

Ok, that's it. I wish I could start this now, but I can't. If I were to build a new tank it would be about 20 gallons, custom dimensions. Caribbean biotope and

full of the dwarf gobies. Oh, and a pink streaked wrasse LOL. Can't live without one.

Oh definitely. If you know of a source out here let me know :). That eBay seller wrote me back and told me to keep intouch, so I'm thinking he's going to try to find them for me!!!!! Thanks so much! No issues at all. They are afraid of my leopard wrasse though. Just cuz she's so bigand swims really fast. They hide when she comes around and she pays them no attention.Ok, that's it. I wish I could start this now, but I can't. If I were to build a new tank it would be about 20 gallons, custom dimensions. Caribbean biotope andfull of the dwarf gobies. Oh, and a pink streaked wrasse LOL. Can't live without one.

All dwarf gobies were bought from Manhattan Aquariums. However, they are getting these dwarfs from uniquecorals.com.

There is another retailer you can buy those from..... let me look him up......

All dwarf gobies were bought from Manhattan Aquariums. However, they are getting these dwarfs from uniquecorals.com.

There is another retailer you can buy those from..... let me look him up......

Oh unique is right here in California and I get cheap shipping from them! I see they have some Trimmas. What do you know

about these guys? I'll have to research them :). I could possibly get 3 of them if I find they would be

good for my tank!

http://uniquecorals.com/fish-51/gobies/trimma-rubromaculatum-red-spotted-dwarf-goby-net-caught-approx-1-specimen.html

Oh unique is right here in California and I get cheap shipping from them! I see they have some Trimmas. What do you knowabout these guys? I'll have to research them :). I could possibly get 3 of them if I find they would begood for my tank!http://uniquecorals.com/fish-51/gobies/trimma-rubromaculatum-red-spotted-dwarf-goby-net-caught-approx-1-specimen.html

Received email from them a while back. They have few red dwarf gobies. Not sure what kind. But they should get more in next few weeks. Email them if you are looking for something more specific.

As far as I know, their care varies slightly as their come from different ecosystem. Some are cleaners like peppermint. Others live in close relationship with sponges. Some of the rarest have some sort of symbiotic relationship with various inverts like nudiebranch, worms or seafans. But it shouldn't affect care regiment or diet for these cuties. Gobies I have or read about, all love pods and zooplankton/Phyto. They are very easy to care for and accept variety of food. Including pellets such as coral frenzy 0.5mm. Behavior wise, they are very friendly, reef safe and can be kept in small schools. These guys come in really amazing colors but it is hard to be specific as they usually don't know what they are getting and often use dwarf gobies to describe them. Rarest ones come from Japan or Malaysia. Extremely hard to get. They vary in size from 1/4 inch to 1.25inch. They do need to be fed at least twice a day. But if you have healthy population of pods, that's not a problem.

Extremely fun to watch and most stay in the open, perching on corals and rocks.

My favorite is Peppermint Goby tho. Super cute and joy to watch.

They would make great addition to your tank imho. And I know you would absolutely fall in love with them.

Received email from them a while back. They have few red dwarf gobies. Not sure what kind. But they should get more in next few weeks. Email them if you are looking for something more specific.

As far as I know, their care varies slightly as their come from different ecosystem. Some are cleaners like peppermint. Others live in close relationship with sponges. Some of the rarest have some sort of symbiotic relationship with various inverts like nudiebranch, worms or seafans. But it shouldn't affect care regiment or diet for these cuties. Gobies I have or read about, all love pods and zooplankton/Phyto. They are very easy to care for and accept variety of food. Including pellets such as coral frenzy 0.5mm. Behavior wise, they are very friendly, reef safe and can be kept in small schools. These guys come in really amazing colors but it is hard to be specific as they usually don't know what they are getting and often use dwarf gobies to describe them. Rarest ones come from Japan or Malaysia. Extremely hard to get. They vary in size from 1/4 inch to 1.25inch. They do need to be fed at least twice a day. But if you have healthy population of pods, that's not a problem.

Extremely fun to watch and most stay in the open, perching on corals and rocks.

My favorite is Peppermint Goby tho. Super cute and joy to watch.

They would make great addition to your tank imho. And I know you would absolutely fall in love with them.

:wub: those pictures!!!!!

Ok...I will email them. I actually like the looks of the peppermints better. These red spots kinda remind me of the rusty

goby. Maybe it's the bigger eye? Anyways, I wasn't crazy about the rusties. They hid way too much.

Anyone else having issues with time change? Ugh....it's after 8pm and I'm still making dinner because it feels like it's

only 7pm :lol:. I really dislike the adjustment twice a year.

Archived