Pod Your Reef

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi G! Came in for pix and leave satisfied :P

Are you still running the Maxspect? Just got used one, a 120w 16k for $300...what da ya think? I also have a Kessil 15k I can use.

It is almost cool enough for some coral trading!

Since you like blastos I have some pretty Merletti I can frag for ya.

I love your montis! The next tank I have will be montis stacked on top of montis. Yours are so healthy looking.

Thank you very much :). Monticaps are the bomb, I highly recommend them :D.

Hi G! Came in for pix and leave satisfied :P Are you still running the Maxspect? Just got used one, a 120w 16k for $300...what da ya think? I also have a Kessil 15k I can use. It is almost cool enough for some coral trading! Since you like blastos I have some pretty Merletti I can frag for ya.

Hi, M!!!! I am still running the Maxspect. I'm really happy with it...have zero complaints. And I don't even have that reflector upgrade thingy LOL. I don't know anything about the Kessil so I say use the Razor :).

Yeah..have a little thing for blastos :wub:. Totally interested in your merlettis!

Finally have some pictures of the lobo in the tank.

IMG_8367_zps3f3847e3.jpg

IMG_8365_zpsdc110c58.jpg

IMG_8366_zps6ed8c5ce.jpg

Anyone doing any Labor Day shopping? I bought the reactor but didn't get that on special or anything since it was from eBay. I did do a little Anthropologie shopping today though LOL. Gotta love the extra savings :happydance: Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend :).

Edit....sheesh...photobucket is messing around again and seems to be having issues. Not sure what's up with the pictures :mellow:

Need a top down of that lobo =).

I been driving all over Chicago today to pick up corals I got from local reefers. New hammer, new blastos, new rainbow zoas, new GSP, and new purple death palys. It's amazing some of the tanks people have around here. All of them are 150+ gallons and full of colony size corals.

Need a top down of that lobo =).

I been driving all over Chicago today to pick up corals I got from local reefers. New hammer, new blastos, new rainbow zoas, new GSP, and new purple death palys. It's amazing some of the tanks people have around here. All of them are 150+ gallons and full of colony size corals.

It pretty much just looks purple and orange :). But I'll get one for you soon. Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday!!!! Who needs LFSs when you have awesome locals' tanks to shop in :).

I didn't buy anything for this tank today but I'm not done yet. I see Marine Depot is having a sale. I have a couple of other stores to go through as well (non-reef related) before the night is through.

is the cherry blasto the left most one in your pics??

Yep...here's a better photo I took a few days ago of the garden and that cherry blasto.

IMG_8303_zps0a96474c.jpg

Uuuuuggghhhhhh................................still not food posts??

Seriously LOL. I'm boring. WE're having boring hard shell tacos again tonight. I need to look up some new recipes and make something fancy and take a photo of it :D. Here....organic beef with homemade taco seasoning...yummy :P

beef_zpsbb0bd6b9.jpeg

You know....when I copy and pasted that blasto garden photo I looked at the pink bird and thought to myself...even just a week or so later it's grown a ton from that. Just went and snapped this photo. This thing is out of control LOL. And I love it :D.

bird_zps9909547e.jpeg

There's that cherry blasto again...lower left.

You're Blasto Garden is really filling in & those plates have grown so much this year!! You are going to have to share more of you magic ways so some of can hopefully get our stuff to grow/thrive like juicy weeds!

Hey, looks good to me! Still counts as a food post.

My wife was just talking about Tacos like this a couple of days ago.

Tank looks beautiful Gena!

Sorry for the double post. My wife, son and one of the cats were all pestering me at once!

Here they are G! They grow pretty fast too!

I got em' from Kim aka wimby. They are a light red with light blue and green mouth.

Never seen any like em.

20140907_143257.jpg

Hopefully it will cool off soon...this summer heat is so poopy.

You're Blasto Garden is really filling in & those plates have grown so much this year!! You are going to have to share more of you magic ways so some of can hopefully get our stuff to grow/thrive like juicy weeds!

Thanks, Wendy! They don't seem to be super fast growers at all. No new babies yet :).

Sorry for the double post. My wife, son and one of the cats were all pestering me at once!

I ate In-n-Out for dinner tonight :D. Double Single Protein Style :wub:. No milkshake LOL.

wow great tank

Thank you very much!

Here they are G! They grow pretty fast too!

I got em' from Kim aka wimby. They are a light red with light blue and green mouth.

Never seen any like em.

20140907_143257.jpg

Hopefully it will cool off soon...this summer heat is so poopy.

Gorgeous! I definitely want a frag :). It's been crazy hot here too. Over 100 the last 3 days. Ridiculous :lol:.

Set up my new NextReef media reactor. I'm in love. So far it's way better than the BRS. Changing media may not be as easy as the BRS but the way it functions is 100X better. It was definitely worth switching it out.

My goodness! Another awesome tank Gena! I was looking over at TOTM and couldn't believe this is one of yours. Nicely done! I love how you have two monti caps grown into each other.

FOOD omgomgomg

It's what's for dinner tonight....

Chicken Tortellini Soup. Homemade (not the tortellini LOL). Tomatoes from the garden :)

IMG_8423_zps5369637d.jpg

IMG_8425_zps7c129411.jpg

Now I'm going to go eat it :).

My goodness! Another awesome tank Gena! I was looking over at TOTM and couldn't believe this is one of yours. Nicely done! I love how you have two monti caps grown into each other.

Awww...thanks!!!! Thos monticaps are my pride and joy :).

I'm loving the blasto garden! I guess that's your newest obsession? :lol: I'm so behind. The growth on that birdsnest is awesome!

Thank you!!!! It was...I'm not buying anymore. Now I'm just enjoying them and anxiously waiting for them to grow :).

Ohhhh, hey that soup looks good!! Quite Italian.

Might have to make that sometime. Little man loves tortellini.

I am going to try to sneak out of work early today and make a Peach-Blueberry Crumble.

Maybe my son will help. Will post some photos.

BTW, I caught the Hairy Crab in my tank! Found him attacking one of my hermit crabs.

David

That soup looks awesome, G!

.............the corals are still alive!

It was sooooo good :)

Of course they are still alive.....you are better than you think :lol:. Try putting the superman in lower light. I have a feeling it was getting too much light in my tank.

Ohhhh, hey that soup looks good!! Quite Italian.

Might have to make that sometime. Little man loves tortellini.

I am going to try to sneak out of work early today and make a Peach-Blueberry Crumble.

Maybe my son will help. Will post some photos.

BTW, I caught the Hairy Crab in my tank! Found him attacking one of my hermit crabs.

David

How's the crumble coming along? :) Great news about the crab!!!!!!!

I have some interesting GoT info to share. My husband talked one of his coworkers into watching the series. She just got to the part with Daenery's translator and realized that she knows her. Well, not really knows her, but she lives in the same building as her LOL. I bet she strikes up a conversation with her next time she sees her. She's away filming right now :).

Crumble turned out good! This one is being consumed now!

image_zps63b85fba.jpg

Baked these then did a water change. Still fighting hair algae so I am doing 2 water changes a week.

Archived