SaltCritters.com

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

As demand! Here is the current FTS. My rics look pissed because I just finished gluing them yesterday and they are NOT HAPPY.

Rics_01_Nov_2012.jpg

Angle view

Rics_02_Nov_2012.jpg

On the other note, Aquascapers have some damn nice rics (again) today, too bad I'm officially out of budget for this pico, HAHA now it is just a waiting game :P (for now)... A quick note, my grandis is finally gaining back the green color with proper care and lighting, the move stressed and browned them out.

Edited by trueisb2
  • Like 2
As demand! Here is the current FTS. My rics look pissed because I just finished gluing them yesterday and they are NOT HAPPY.

Rics_01_Nov_2012.jpg

"I'm going to do a nem and LPS reef," I said. "I love them, there's such a great variety," I said, "so I won't be tempted by softies," I said. And then this. My rational is quickly becoming, "I need something for the sand bed..."

:o:lol::P

(So in case it wasn't clear how I feel about your tank...:wub:)

"I'm going to do a nem and LPS reef," I said. "I love them, there's such a great variety," I said, "so I won't be tempted by softies," I said. And then this. My rational is quickly becoming, "I need something for the sand bed..."

:lol:

It does look amazing. Love the ricordea garden. I'm glad you kept the grandis....I thought you sold them. I know I was eyeing them when you had your FS thread going.

I saw the new ricordeas Aquascapers posted. Very tempting :)

:o:lol::P

(So in case it wasn't clear how I feel about your tank...:wub:)

:D I think a garden of nem is also awesome! esp the rock flower anemone!

Glueing Rics.. :blink: How are you even able to manage that? are they attached to rubble first or something?

Some do and some don't, but I always manage to glue them down. I use a paper towel to clean a piece of rubble or rocks, then put super glue on it. I put the ricordea on the paper towel for like 30 seconds (This will sucks most of the slime and water out of the ricordea, so don't leave it on too long), then I use a tweezer to put the ricordea on the super glue + rubble.... Wait... wait for a minute then dip it slowly in a cup of tank water. It works for me all the time, it will hold the ric down pretty good until it attaches naturally as it grows.

:lol:

It does look amazing. Love the ricordea garden. I'm glad you kept the grandis....I thought you sold them. I know I was eyeing them when you had your FS thread going.

I saw the new ricordeas Aquascapers posted. Very tempting :)

Thanks!!!! The grandis buyer is flaking out so I was like Meh, I will keep them LOL I'm glad I did.

Thats quite the rainbow you got there! I wish my tank was ready for corals, I'd be all over those ric's.. Waiting is definitly the hardest part of this hobby :lol:

The only ric isn't in place is the green between the 2 yellows, but beside that, the color transition is pretty close!!!! Yes and waiting is definitely hard but the result is very awarding!!

XxViEtXjUStiNxX

hey M,

Tank looks great. Those rics are so nice. Lets trade some of your old acans for rics when they grow out. Also, the gorgonian you gave me is really big. If you are ever in the valley, feel free to come by and I'll snip you a little bit of it. Also, put me first in line when you move to NY! Lol just kidding. But really though, it's too bad NY is on the set back. It seemed as if you were really ready to go.

Lack of update due to jury duty......... Be back in a while.........

Quick note:

1. Trying to control the cyano.

2. Added a pair of Red Spotted Trimma Gobies :) I love these guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, jury duty is finished! Updates coming!!!! Now I need to mentally rejuvenated...

Just a quick note, who know how to identify the sex (if applicable) of your trimma goby?

Edited by trueisb2
Deleted User 4
Well I was selected as one of the jurors 3 weeks ago.

Was this your 1st time? Like I think everyone has to do it at least once when they summon you at the age of 18 and over? I got mail to get summoned but I end up getting away with it hehe.

It doesn't look pretty at the moment, my tank got infested with flatworms :( I used flatworm exit that I've had laying around, but I think it messed some of my ricordea up....... I did a major water change yesterday, and 20% water change again today. Fingercross.

It doesn't look pretty at the moment, my tank got infested with flatworms :( I used flatworm exit that I've had laying around, but I think it messed some of my ricordea up....... I did a major water change yesterday, and 20% water change again today. Fingercross.

Oh no!!!! I hope all will be ok!!!!!

Hmm why didn't you just get a six-line? Good luck man.

:rolleyes: you realize my tank is 2.5 gallons right? LOL

What kinda flat worms did you get?

I think the common ones, that reddish, I had them way back before that's why I had flatworm Xist in storage. I'm glad I didn't give it away....

Oh no!!!! I hope all will be ok!!!!!

Aw, that stinks :( I hope it gets better soon!

THANKS!!!!! In general news, the flatworms infestation is under control, after 2 drops of the Flatworm exit, you can see them dying off and floating around the tank (AKA NASTY), I did a major water change after and the day after it. Now my ricordea looks happy again. My gobies are eating like pigs in other news.... I don't see my Pom Pom at all (once a week maybe)

*GENA! I think my tank needs some PRETTY algae :D hehehe

Deleted User 4

Ahh I didn't realize it was that small....I thought mini s is about 4-5g? lol

Background looks good, though I would prefer no background at most for more clarity :)

Edited by IIX