Coral Vue Hydros

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

Really????? I debated on adding them to the order I just placed :happy:

She's not shipping until next week so I better add those on!!!!! I thought they would be perfect. If I don't do this now, I'll regret it!!!!

Do it baby! But then you'll have to add them to your sig.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C H I L L A H

I'm trying desperately to avoid that. Have you researched this yet as to what brand and how much HP?

The other thing to consider is adding a sump, might cost less than a C H I L L A !

.....and I know you have the room!

I can't believe you are whoring in my thread for votes, go to Joel's thread, oh wait, you did already.

JK. JK JK

I voted for you and Poe.

Her rics are amazing, I'm gonna get some more!

I am going to try and not get any dull, boring corals, but it seems it is a little difficult as you can never really tell what they are going to look like in your tank.

Any Patron is fine by me!

I'm too old for a new clam.

LOL thanks man! I appreciate it!

I like all the new additions! :) Is your fish guard glass or mesh? Making a mesh one might help even more with keeping it cool :flower:

I like all the new additions! :) Is your fish guard glass or mesh? Making a mesh one might help even more with keeping it cool :flower:

Thanks Paigee. It really just four pieces of 6" acrylic to hide the crap in the back of the RSM since I took off the stock hood. Also keeps the fish in, but it is open on the top, no glass or netting. A good jumper could still launch himself out, I guess. I don't know if you saw it, but here's a pic with the Radion and the fan:

IMG_0538.jpg

Those are beautiful!!! I think my tank is too young and I'm too old.

Seriously, my tank is only 4 mos old. What do you think?

The picture on Brad's thread is WOW!!!!!! I bet it's gone by now though. Too amazing. Did you get it?

Yes, I saw them!!! They are all beautiful, especially that teardrop. That thing is six inches!!!!! I don't even know if I have room for it.

"They" always say to wait at least six months for a clam or nem and me being a noob and all.

Plus, I don't know if my thread can handle all the pink clams jokes. :)

Yes, I saw them!!! They are all beautiful, especially that teardrop. That thing is six inches!!!!! I don't even know if I have room for it.

"They" always say to wait at least six months for a clam or nem and me being a noob and all.

Plus, I don't know if my thread can handle all the pink clams jokes. :)

Mark my tank is 3 months old...I'm doing fine with both nems and clams lol. Its still there...and sand bed is a good place lol. Plus your radon will easily please it

If its not gone by the time I'm off work ima be having a pink clam threesom

surgicalsense

How the hell did I miss the picture of your Senegal!!!!!

I had a lil girl named, Shelby. Oh I miss her so :(

... I hand fed her and everything. I purchased her from breeder Robby Harris. Now I want another Senegal, Mark.

How the hell did I miss the picture of your Senegal!!!!!

I had a lil girl named, Shelby. Oh I miss her so :(

... I hand fed her and everything. I purchased her from breeder Robby Harris. Now I want another Senegal, Mark.

You can have mine! He's hand raised and I think about 17 years old. We got him for my daughter when she was little and he was so sweet. Within about two years, he would bite everyone execpt me and I hardley ever touched him. The same holds true to this day. I hardley ever touch him, but I can reach in anytime and pick him up, hold him upside down, whatever, he loves me.

My favorite bird was our dwarf noble macaw. Very intelligent and clean. If I ever get another bird it will be a macaw.

surgicalsense
You can have mine! He's hand raised and I think about 17 years old. We got him for my daughter when she was little and he was so sweet. Within about two years, he would bite everyone execpt me and I hardley ever touched him. The same holds true to this day. I hardley ever touch him, but I can reach in anytime and pick him up, hold him upside down, whatever, he loves me.

My favorite bird was our dwarf noble macaw. Very intelligent and clean. If I ever get another bird it will be a macaw.

:P ... 17 yrs, awesome. However, he is in his prime. I want a baby again to feed monkey pellets to. I wanted a blue parrolet and a Caique (black head variation) but with the tank now and my needy cat. I can not spread myself around like that :P .... one-track-mind

:P ... 17 yrs, awesome. However, he is in his prime. I want a baby again to feed monkey pellets to. I wanted a blue parrolet and a Caique (black head variation) but with the tank now and my needy cat. I can not spread myself around like that :P .... one-track-mind

Although "he" is a pain in the asss, I couldn't really ever part with him. His name is Charlie but he could be a girl.

Are you gonna get a bird after you're in MN?

I'm trying desperately to avoid that. Have you researched this yet as to what brand and how much HP?

The other thing to consider is adding a sump, might cost less than a C H I L L A !

.....and I know you have the room!

I have the room for a sump and I actually do want one so that I can grow my macros and have more pods for Draco the mandarin. The overflows are what stop me. I was going to buy the life reef overflow, they have an excellent reputation for not failing. I was showing it to a friend who insisted the fail safe nipple on the U tube with an airline and pump is essential. Foster and smith has such an overflow, by CPR.

The issue now becomes how to install the CPR overflow in a hooded tank. With life reef, they also sell a modified RSM hood part. That is where I am stuck.

The other part of the equation, is that with a possible 10 gallon sump, is that really enough water volume to keep the temperature under 80? There is no way to know that, making the purchase of a chiller possibly inevitable.

Thoughts?

surgicalsense
Although "he" is a pain in the asss, I couldn't really ever part with him. His name is Charlie but he could be a girl.

Are you gonna get a bird after you're in MN?

Maybe ... depends where we move to with space. I would like to again.

I have the room for a sump and I actually do want one so that I can grow my macros and have more pods for Draco the mandarin. The overflows are what stop me. I was going to buy the life reef overflow, they have an excellent reputation for not failing. I was showing it to a friend who insisted the fail safe nipple on the U tube with an airline and pump is essential. Foster and smith has such an overflow, by CPR.

The issue now becomes how to install the CPR overflow in a hooded tank. With life reef, they also sell a modified RSM hood part. That is where I am stuck.

The other part of the equation, is that with a possible 10 gallon sump, is that really enough water volume to keep the temperature under 80? There is no way to know that, making the purchase of a chiller possibly inevitable.

Thoughts?

Sump philosophy: size does matter, go big.

I'm thinking of a 40 b for my sump plans, but I think you should go with the biggest you have room for. With a sump/fuge you can mount all kinds of fans on it, even with a 10 gal it should help avoid having to buy a chiller.

I really like the custom sump by life reef but whoa: alot of $$. Having said that I have not added up all the costs of a diy and the trial and error of plumbing, etc. So......the life reef might be cheaper in the long run.

Maybe ... depends where we move to with space. I would like to again.

I really want a hyacinth macaw...seriously!

I want a Falcon next! :D

Yeah I will be getting the SUMP (40b) and planning it all out this weekend (FRAG SWAP YAY!). I have to call glass suppliers on Thursday etc.

Joy fun stuff, then finish the stand stain it and move tank, install plumbing and run fake power failures to make sure I don't have an overflow from the tank or the SUMP.

FUN next 4 weeks! :P

Wow a bird of prey, how cool. I think birds are such amazing creatures.

Get going on that sump girl! I have a major personal and totally selfish interest in it! :)

Thanks for asking. They are both growing well. The meteor still has a grey/greenish backround, not blue like most pics you see. But the rainbow, wow. The backround is a Montana sky blue, really. The polyps are still all yellow, but if it continues to grow just like it is I'll be happy.

I did place another order from Vivid that is due this Saturday. I decided to take the risk and get some big boy SPS!

:o big boys, eh? Good luck! I've found that once they get accustomed to the tank they are no different than anything else. The hard part is getting them to that point lol.

Post 1,000. :happydance:

Archived