inTank Media Baskets

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

Well....Just heard from Vivid today and they are going to refund me for three corals. Two just died and the favia was damaged but still living. I am very pleased and am going to order more, maybe some expensive chalice!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well....Just heard from Vivid today and they are going to refund me for three corals. Two just died and the favia was damaged but still living. I am very pleased and am going to order more, maybe some expensive chalice!

Sweet! Glad they gave you the refund. Yay for expensive chalices :happydance:

I almost bought a Tyree one last night, but decided I wanted the montis and efflo more. I've just got my one chalice that is nothing rare or expensive, but its big and I really like it. :)

That's like the one at pacific east I'm waiting for them to cut except it has red eyes baby pink body

That's like the one at pacific east I'm waiting for them to cut except it has red eyes baby pink body

Sounds awesome!

This is the one I was eyeing at the LFS yesterday. Its a Tyree Robokaki chalice.

yhst-99454104011929_2199_3385126.gif

So nice!!!

Can they sort of grow into or next to each other like monti's? and....I think they don't require such intense lighting so they can go lower in the tank???

So nice!!!

Can they sort of grow into or next to each other like monti's? and....I think they don't require such intense lighting so they can go lower in the tank???

I don't know about them growing into one another, but yeah they're an LPS so they don't need as intense of light. Mine's in the middle area of my tank and its doing really well there.

Never dealt with them before, but some of the photos look saturated to me.

That's what I was thinking. But I have to get my stuff on line so I'm always looking for good sources of very colorful corals. So far I have only bought from Live Aquaria and Vivid.

Reefgardener.net is the place Gena has ordered from a lot. She always speaks really highly of them and all the corals she's gotten from that site are gorgeous.

Reefgardener.net is the place Gena has ordered from a lot. She always speaks really highly of them and all the corals she's gotten from that site are gorgeous.

Thanks Felicia! Oh yes, she will probably be the next person I'll try. And Gena is the reason! Actually Gena and Danielle are the reason I tried Vivid. That's why I was asking about other places cause I don't want to blindly get corals off the net without good recommendations.

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't had very good luck ordering online so I don't have a website I'd recommend. Based on how nice Gena's stuff from Reefgardener is, I'd definitely try there next if I were you. :)

Finally got around to taking some pics after gluing all the corals down. Here's a pic of one of my rocks in the back. This is one of the "seed" rocks that I had sitting at the LFS for a few weeks prior to setting the tank up. It now covered with these worms. I think these guys eat nitrates??

IMG_0506.jpg

Rainbow monti

IMG_0504.jpg

Dr. Seuess

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Gena D's, started with two polyps.

IMG_0494.jpg

Interesting worms I have stuff like that except mine are sponges.

Your monti trio is getting closer together....and ima ninja your midas

Its kinda wierd, when I took the rocks back, I had 5 -6 fist size pieces, they just had algae type growth on them. All those tube worms grew like that in about two months and only on that rock. Wierd!

Aren't those just regular feather dusters? I have a tank that's been set up for years that I haven't touched. It's at my parents' house and they just top off water. Long story short, it has become it's own little self contained ecosystem with macro algae and the feather dusters have grown like that... really long tubes over time. I think that's a pretty cool, mature rock. Am I wrong?

Anyway, cool stuff. My favorites are Dr. Suess and the rainbow monti B)

Thanks Ethan/Scooby!

Other than some kind of tube worm, I don't know what they are. Do they get as big as the "regular" feather dusters?

The rainbow monti is only 1/2 x 3/4''. Just has yellish polyps on it so far. It does have a blue backround though and is just starting to grow over the frag plug.

Dr. Seuess, gets cooler everyday. By far my favorite fish!

Thanks Ethan/Scooby!

Other than some kind of tube worm, I don't know what they are. Do they get as big as the "regular" feather dusters?

From my experience they are just the same as the shorter tubed feather dusters. Those just look older. The brown part is old tube that may not be used anymore. In my old tank, they were growing on the side of the acrylic (which is in bad shape with corraline and scratches) and you can see into the tubes in some places. When you tap the tank you can watch them crawl deep into the tube. Over time they became curly like yours too. Maybe that rock used to be in someone's sump or something. I'd love to have that rock haha.

You should edit your first post to include lists of your livestock, equipment, etc. That way I can look back and find out what kind of fish Dr. Suess is without sounding dumb or revealing my bad memory ;)

Gena D's, started with two polyps.

IMG_0494.jpg

Sooo cool! They've grown a lot for you :)

Definitely try reef gardener. And if there's something you're looking for that isn't on her site, ask her. She may just have it but it's not listed.

Archived