SaltCritters.com

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

Until I have a rainbow montipora, I secretly loathe people that have them. :lol:

I would like one too, but unfortunately, the people I can get montis from locally at a reasonable price only have Tyree sunset, pokerstar, and superman montis.

All the new frags look awesome, Mark! Its crazy how fast $300 goes in this hobby isn't it? I love the corner of your great room that the tank is in. I'd love to have a bar like that!

I need to get myself a frag rack. How did you make the one you're using?

Oh and I almost forgot...midas blennies are the most adorable things ever! And I love its name, very fitting!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you threw away about $200, lol

Dang it!!!

Man I have no idea of what corals' are worth! :blink:

But I'll take care of my Nano-Reef buds! ;)

I would like one too, but unfortunately, the people I can get montis from locally at a reasonable price only have Tyree sunset, pokerstar, and superman montis.

Poor baby. :P

All the new frags look awesome, Mark! Its crazy how fast $300 goes in this hobby isn't it? I love the corner of your great room that the tank is in. I'd love to have a bar like that!

I need to get myself a frag rack. How did you make the one you're using?

Oh and I almost forgot...midas blennies are the most adorable things ever! And I love its name, very fitting!

Thanks Felicia! I love that bar and it has a little sink so I can clean and rinse my fish stuff.

The frag rack was very easy to make. I just cut a piece of eggcrate and glued some fiberglass rods and attaced two Zoomed magnets to secure it from the outside. Oh and I also painted it black with plastic paint.

Last night Dr. Seuess was out most of the time. He is now my favorite fish!

Dang it!!!

Man I have no idea of what corals' are worth! :blink:

But I'll take care of my Nano-Reef buds! ;)

Like Joel said, maybe not!!

Does your grow as fast as your other monti's? Mine is such a little itty bitty piece.

Poor baby. :P

I know right! I wish I had a decent reef store nearby. Or....even a fellow reefer. Blue lives in Texas, but she is probably 10 hours drive away.

Good job, good job.

;)

Why thank you my dear! I had to tell you sooner or later, but I got rid of the turd. :(

Here is a crappy pic of the new two polyp prism favia that has a lot of skeleton showing on the top and side. Is this OK or should I be a little miffed at Vivid??

IMG_0405-1.jpg

I can't tell but it kinda looks like it got damaged when it was cut

Yes, the open skeleton in on the side of the cut, however, the cut looks quite old and not fresh.

Builder Anthony

favias lose flesh near the cut its common.it will regrow over the skeleton faster but it has to be real clean fresher the skeleton is the best regrowth.favias are slow growers.id say 3 to 4 months for your regrowth.id say 1o to 15 at the highest for that frag

favias lose flesh near the cut its common.it will regrow over the skeleton faster but it has to be real clean fresher the skeleton is the best regrowth.favias are slow growers.id say 3 to 4 months for your regrowth.id say 1o to 15 at the highest for that frag

Thanks for the input guys! It does not look like a fresh cut and has minimal algae growth on it. the little cerths have been keeping it clean so I hope it does OK.

My question is, should Vivid have sent it that way? Should I complain or just wait and see?

Thanks for the input guys! It does not look like a fresh cut and has minimal algae growth on it. the little cerths have been keeping it clean so I hope it does OK.

My question is, should Vivid have sent it that way? Should I complain or just wait and see?

If you aren't happy with it, call them and tell them. See what they say. What can it hurt???? You've spent a ton of money with them after-all. I bet they give you credit for it toward another purchase!

If you aren't happy with it, call them and tell them. See what they say. What can it hurt???? You've spent a ton of money with them after-all. I bet they give you credit for it toward another purchase!

Thanks my dear! Since its so slow growing, I think I'll call and see what they say. I also have a couple armor of god palys that have not opened yet.

I'll let you know what they say. Thanks again!

Thanks my dear! Since its so slow growing, I think I'll call and see what they say. I also have a couple armor of god palys that have not opened yet.

I'll let you know what they say. Thanks again!

NP! How's Dr. Seuss doing? I would love to see another photo of him :happy:

NP! How's Dr. Seuss doing? I would love to see another photo of him :happy:

He's out alot of the time now. I just can't tell you enough on how cool he is. So much personality, what a character. He is hard to photograph! Thanks for asking Miss Gena

IMG_0410-1.jpg

IMG_0400-1.jpg

And a couple more pics of my Gena D's:

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Bozo zoas:

IMG_0408.jpg

a little update:

Vivid is still considering giving credit for the favia and I also have an armour of God paly that never opened.

I sent back my Hanna Ca checker cause after 10 tests, I got 10 way different results. They implied that its user error, but I told them I was completely sober at the time of testing. They are gonna retest the unit and send it back to me. ( I have their ALK checker and it seems to be fine and easy to use)

I finally did the Tunze 9002 air line mod. Very easy to do and works much better. I highly recommend it.

My tank has alomst 30 corals in it and still looks empty.

I wish I could have a midas :happy:

So...when will Vivid let you know? That's kind of strange that they have to think about it :lol:

If you were my customer, you'd have already gotten your credit...Mr. Big Spender -_-

I sent back my Hanna Ca checker cause after 10 tests, I got 10 way different results.

At the risk of sounding like a hater...I'm glad I passed on those for the time being.

I wish I could have a midas :happy:

So...when will Vivid let you know? That's kind of strange that they have to think about it :lol:

If you were my customer, you'd have already gotten your credit...Mr. Big Spender -_-

Why no midas?

They will let me know after the two week warrenty period. Also, I had a whole colony of nice eagle eyes that is all but closed up. We'll see what happens. I hope they do well by me cause I'm planning on spending a small fortune there.

My tank isn't big enough for a midas! If I ever go bigger I'd definitely get one!!!!

I love the 12g so much though, so if I do ever upgrade it'd be years down the road.

Archived