Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanoty's 10g AGA [Contest tank]

nanoty

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....you suck.....

JK! THIS THING IS AWESOME-NICE!!!!! (i combined two words for emphasis lol)

Lol, thanks. Keep in mind that there will be a PVC overflow coming up from the drain. I was fighting the kid and the idiots at Lowes and ran out without a piece of 3/4" PVC. I still need a check valve for the return too. Lowes didnt have one.

Lol, thanks. Keep in mind that there will be a PVC overflow coming up from the drain. I was fighting the kid and the idiots at Lowes and ran out without a piece of 3/4" PVC. I still need a check valve for the return too. Lowes didnt have one.

I may still have my old one. If so, do you want it?

I don't think you will find one at Lowes or HD.

gulfsurfer101

That's definately coming along nicely with the trim gone and the return placements coming through the bottom. I kinda wish I started one of those contest tanks now. I would have waited till everybody is really far along and just stole all their cool ideas and put them together for the win. LOL, justkidding, that looks pretty cool though.

That's definately coming along nicely with the trim gone and the return placements coming through the bottom. I kinda wish I started one of those contest tanks now. I would have waited till everybody is really far along and just stole all their cool ideas and put them together for the win. LOL, justkidding, that looks pretty cool though.

You might have been out of luck since I'm bringing up the rear. I dont even think I am going to FW test it, just plop everything in and cross my fingers. BTW if anyone has an extra 1/2" check valve, I needs one.

gulfsurfer101

I would have had to have done something way over the top like a 5.5 SPS reef with a 30 gallon sump hidden away in some closet somewhere. No water test, probably don't need one and even it it did leak a bit you can always just seal it off with some type of putty epoxy or something along those lines. I am finding all kinds of things that I can use that goop on lately. It might just replace the duct tape in my garage.

Looks great!

I would be scared to put anything near that tank it looks like its gonna explode into water all over your floor!

Does that type of overflow make a lot of noise?

Looks great!

I would be scared to put anything near that tank it looks like its gonna explode into water all over your floor!

Does that type of overflow make a lot of noise?

Yeah I am slightly concerned since its my first actual tank "build" but no pain no gain right?

The overflow sounds like a supercharged toilet stuck on and I am glad its not going in my bedroom. I knew it would be loud as hell but the tank is a contest tank only and will be hidden away next to my waterchange barrels so I'll never notice it. A few odds and ends and it should have rock before the weekend. Water level on the tank is approximately where it will be.

looks really good with the water in it Ty. leading the pack by far i'd say....

my favorite LFS has the same kind of drain system on a 200 gal frag tank, and it sounds like the whole store is goin down the drain...lol.

but yeah, cant wait to see how you do the rest of the tank. keep up the good work.

Yay, Weeties in my thread now!

BTW....water......I HAS IT!!

IMG_6628.jpg

FTMFW!!!!!!

It looked great before, even better with water. It looks like you are getting some decent flow in there too!! What are you using for a retrun pump?

better rig up some sort of snail gaurd on that overflow, trust me!!

looks really good with the water in it Ty. leading the pack by far i'd say....

my favorite LFS has the same kind of drain system on a 200 gal frag tank, and it sounds like the whole store is goin down the drain...lol.

but yeah, cant wait to see how you do the rest of the tank. keep up the good work.

Thanks dude, it's mega loud but thats cool.

FTMFW!!!!!!

I have no idea what that means :huh:

I'm using an MJ1200 and it works pretty well, can't find a 1/2" inline check valve though. Trust me I intent to make a snail guard and do the drain a little different, that is just what I had lying around.

Archived