Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanoty's 10g AGA [Contest tank]

nanoty

Well I guess you decided to go through with your plan!!!! When is it supposed to be done and put back together? I'm anxious to see this one.

Is it going to be a PITA to put back together?

I freaking hope not. My uncle passed away from cancer yesterday so I wont have it back until next week. Hopefully I can get it back together, if not then I'm only out $12 right?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glass is at the cutters. Just FYI, if something happens to it and it breaks or looks like crap I am throwing in the towel and concentrating on my 40b.

I cannot wait to see this thing!!!! Tell the cutters to hurry up!! I want more pics! :)

Best of Luck!

Thanks and your in luck.

BEFORE:

IMG_6411.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_6511.jpg

Took the sides down 3". I still have to clean up the glass and get some silicone to put it back together.

Less is more, eh?

Me like!

Indeed. Should make the aquascape I want a lot easier too. Some of the edges didn't line up at first but a little playing around with the glass positioning and it came our very even.

So when is it going to be ready for water???

Nevar!!!!!!

No seriously though. I just need to order some bulkheads, silicone, lockline and it should be ready to go.

Good, because if this little tank would take a fraction of the time it took to get water into the 40...... you have no chance of meeting the contest deadline. :lol:

i had all kinds of plans for a 5.5g but couldnt find one by the start of the contest... i was going to remove all the trim, then remove the front piece of glass and cut it to go across the top... so it would be a shallow tank... cant wait to see progress pics

Why didnt you just do what matty said and remove the front or back and lay it down and make it into a shallow tank?

youd still keep the "same" dimensions

Good, because if this little tank would take a fraction of the time it took to get water into the 40...... you have no chance of meeting the contest deadline. :lol:

Figured that was going to come up <_<

Why didnt you just do what matty said and remove the front or back and lay it down and make it into a shallow tank?

youd still keep the "same" dimensions

Well that would have been too easy. Actually, I still would to have had to have one of the pieces cut down to fit the new "side" and then all the edges would have been off and not lined up as they should be. It was a grand total of $8 to cut the tank down so...... Plus I wanted to take it all apart and clean up the silicone anyways.

hmm... very interesting. johnny may have competition in the most innovative category.

That's what I'm shooting for, remember my tanks always suck so I need something to make it interesting, lol.

Looks awesome tagging along for the ride.

Thanks, we'll see how it goes.

I need some help with something folks. I am trying to decide whether or not to paint the back of the tank black or leave clear. I like the looks of both and can't decide which to do. What's your input?

hmmm well from what I've seen of the amano style tanks non-painted is the way to go. I would say go for it as long as you can hide the returns and drain. I've always liked the simplicity of those style tanks.

See, already 2 POVs. One one hand, Travis's 15g rimless looks great painted but on the other hand dapellegrini's 5g rimless looks awesome unpainted. I think it depends on the background behind the tank and I am leaning towards painting since it will be located in front of a wall of wood paneling.

Give it a frosted glass finish, pretty sure you can get that in the form of a spray can.

Thinking outside the box..........but no, lol.

Paint it unless it gonna be veiwed from all sides...I had a a tank in front of wood paneling...that didn't last long before I put a black vinyl background on it since I couldn't move it to paint lol

Tank looks awesome so far!

Archived