Cultivated Reef

Nanoty's 10g AGA [Contest tank]

nanoty

I think he wants this thread to have 10 pages of chatter before he posts any more pics.

The rimless tank is going to luck good.

Nope just really busy. Remember we had a hurricane here and all? ;)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going slow. I don't know how long it will take Galveston to get back to normal and as far as Bolivar, there isn't much left to clean. Pretty much everyone has power now except those who live in the most hard hit areas like Bolivar so things here are getting back to "normal".

Didn't get to work on the tank today since I got off work late but I did work a little on my frag tank.

I was going to start that frag tank I posted a while back in the thread you started after ditching those huge crabs and looks like all it's doing now is sitting around as a LR bin under a 156w T5 setup. What a waste that tank has been to me. Hope things are going as good as they can be for you though and if I finally ever get around to getting it going I will hunt that thread down to update. I wish I would have got into this little contest but my old lady will skin me alive if I started another tank after finally downgrading to just two and shopping for baby number two is putting a sqeeze on my wallet already. Good luck to you though.

^^^ Thanks, I updated my frag tank thread too.

One more for the hungry, keep in mind I havent done the silicone cleanup yet ;)

IMG_6405.jpg

Damn it, I really don't want to have to cut the trim off of mine (when I actually get it). That does look sweet though, I may have too....

Is the 70 watter going over that bad boy?

Damn it, I really don't want to have to cut the trim off of mine (when I actually get it). That does look sweet though, I may have too....

Is the 70 watter going over that bad boy?

B)

damn off to a good start :)

after realizing that my store's wholesaler is out of the light i was going to use, and the size up from that light, i too am going with the DIY 70w pendant. just ordered my ballast and bulb. unfortunately i didn't realize until AFTER i paid that the bulb won't show up for about 2-3 weeks :eek:

damn off to a good start :)

after realizing that my store's wholesaler is out of the light i was going to use, and the size up from that light, i too am going with the DIY 70w pendant. just ordered my ballast and bulb. unfortunately i didn't realize until AFTER i paid that the bulb won't show up for about 2-3 weeks :eek:

That sucks, where did you order it? Cancel it and go with Hellolights, they are awesome. I have a idea in mind for the light and I'll be using my Aromat ballast and 14k Astralux bulb.

That sucks, where did you order it? Cancel it and go with Hellolights, they are awesome. I have a idea in mind for the light and I'll be using my Aromat ballast and 14k Astralux bulb.

DIY aluminum foil reflector!!!!

Don't be scared man, this is a budget build after all!!!!

how does one go about cancelling an ebay order? just send an email?

how does one go about cancelling an ebay order? just send an email?

Well in that case you may be screwed since you enter a contract when you buy on ebay. You can try to see if they will let you out though, I've done it before.

Well in that case you may be screwed since you enter a contract when you buy on ebay. You can try to see if they will let you out though, I've done it before.

eh, the guy has 100% feedback with over 1000 transactions, so i'll just wait it out. i've got that crappy 12" 36w pc over it now to illuminate the tank, that'll do for a couple more weeks i suppose.

Got bored before I had to go to work so I busted out the LR and tried a few scapes, you might recognize the Amano style aquascape I'm working on. I am having a little trouble getting it to work like I want but I think I can get it to work.

It plays along with the theme of the tank that I am revealing in the title right now. I hope everything works cause it should be pretty sweet.

No the top of the microwave isn't the permanent location. ;)

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6419.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

Archived