Pod Your Reef

Nanoty's 10g AGA [Contest tank]

nanoty

Finally gots caught up on your thread TY.

Awesome job buddy.

Hmmmm, Lani never fixes my pics..... <_<

:lol:

Thanks.......oh and :P JK

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice scape nanoty. :happy:

I think it will look cute if you can put a tiny sculpture of a bird resting on it or an old man sitting on the rock fishing :P

Nice scape nanoty. :happy:

I think it will look cute if you can put a tiny sculpture of a bird resting on it or an old man sitting on the rock fishing :P

Thanks, would be funny.

Very nice tank TY, exactly how I thought it would look with the rock sticking out, I think an intertidal tank would just blow people away, too bad you couldnt replicate a tide so the water level would rise and drop a few times a day that would be amazing.

Casey

P.S. why not go with a HGB for the overflow it would quiet it down and add snail protection, plus you could still hide it behind the rockwork if you cut the tube flush with the top of the overflow, if you really wanted to go way out there you could bore holes in the rock and slip them around the HGB and actually have the water overflow the rock.

Very nice tank TY, exactly how I thought it would look with the rock sticking out, I think an intertidal tank would just blow people away, too bad you couldnt replicate a tide so the water level would rise and drop a few times a day that would be amazing.

Casey

P.S. why not go with a HGB for the overflow it would quiet it down and add snail protection, plus you could still hide it behind the rockwork if you cut the tube flush with the top of the overflow, if you really wanted to go way out there you could bore holes in the rock and slip them around the HGB and actually have the water overflow the rock.

Thanks a lot, I actually toyed with the idea of an functional intertidal tank (Lani's idea) and it would be totally doable the way I have it set up since when the pump is off it drains about 2/3rds of the water out. In the end I wasn't sure if I was up to the task and wanted something else to worry about in the tank.

As far as the overflow goes, I'm not current on my acronyms so help me with the HGB part. My original plan was to have the water actually overflow the rock by boring it out and sliding it over the tube but I couldn't (can't) figure out how to bore the rock without destroying it. It is still an option if I can figure it out.

Thanks again.

HGB= Hofer gurgle buster, I did it on my 24 gal NC when I plumbed it to a sump and I have to say its pretty quiet all you hear is the water going down the tube to the sump, I tried a durso and it is pretty loud in comparison there is a whole website on how to build it (use google) I love it and most likely wont use another overflow. As for boring the rock you could use a hammer drill, you can rent them pretty cheap, but my rock is pretty soft and im wondering if you couldnt just use a wood boring bit, I may have to try it tomorrow and see if it works.

Casey

gulfsurfer101

Just rifling through to see what I've missed and I think there is like five pages that were added on while I was out. Yikes that tank that guy has could house an alligator in there. That tank looks way cooler with water in it. The hermits can now play king of the hill up in there with that rock sticking out. BTW those frags that lalani sent you are wicked. I like the colors on that ric.

Casey

I have a Tunze pointing up for high flow on my top rack in the Prop tank for the SPS. That would make tide for you. Just a thought.

Just rifling through to see what I've missed and I think there is like five pages that were added on while I was out. Yikes that tank that guy has could house an alligator in there. That tank looks way cooler with water in it. The hermits can now play king of the hill up in there with that rock sticking out. BTW those frags that lalani sent you are wicked. I like the colors on that ric.

They are all bangin frags and shipped super well. Thanks

Very nice! ;) Can't wait to see what you do with it next.

Thanks, the mission for this weekend is to get the light up. We'll see what I can come up with.

Viva-la-Ty, looking pretty sick dood

Thanks man, I was just checking yours out. Pretty slick with the sprinkler heads. Did'nt get my light up but it'll happen this week for sure.

Man, I'm so jealous....

Your sump is so...simply genius...I'm so mad I didn't think of it...

Your tank is awesome. Got my eyes peeled. =D

Lol, thanks. Simplicity arises from lack of DIY ability and the fact I was too lazy to cut a bunch of acrylic.

I really want a fuge on my new 29g.

I haven't put a 29g on nano reef...I'm waiting till its worthy to make some members gasp. Haha. I've been MIA for a while..

I really want a fuge on my new 29g.

I haven't put a 29g on nano reef...I'm waiting till its worthy to make some members gasp. Haha. I've been MIA for a while..

I noticed that. What you been up to?

Archived