Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Box LED Strips : New Product

DaveFason

From the start I always wanted to offer a high end strip. After going full time I have been able to nail down a few of the new products that I have wanted to produce for some time. I was able to use the same style housing that you see on all Nano Box units and shrink it! The housing itself is only 1.25"x1". Full metal and CNC to perfection.

I am still looking around 1-2 months out on them but the prototypes have been running and working as planned. I will be contacting a few people to give them a test run as well.

SPECS :

• 4", 12" and 24" Lengths
  • Fuge, Freshwater and Actinic Versions
  • 5, 10 and 20 LEDs
  • Rebel ES & Luxeon T
  • Simple 10-24 mounting screws for attaching to existing fixture/canopy
  • Legs for fresh water version
  • $100-175
  • PWM 5v Ready for easy connection to controllers
  • Passive Cooling ( NO FAN )

I am extremely excited about these. I will be coming up with a name and solidifying the pricing/specs in April.

Teaser :

16822676820_6f9b80aa37_b.jpgnanoboxteaserstrips by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be really cool to be able to add/attach these on to the Duo units. The actinic version that you mentioned made me think of this. It would be very cool to be able to add extra actinic to an already-awesome setup!

Can't wait to see the final product. You've got a great design sense when it comes to the finishing aesthetic coupled with the functional needs of the product. I'm an architect so I tend towards simple, geometrically related names for things so a few I thought might be good are:

Nanobox.....Axis, Beam, Edge, Streak

jedimasterben

Will there be a way to chain these for longer tank?

Other specs would be helpful as well (output, color, spread etc)

All you'd have to do is connect the PWM inputs together.

Lookin' good man.

If I understand correctly you list these as having fuge applications as well as FW (non-planted or nano presumably), and actinic add on applications? Sounds like a good use range.

My ramblings - by no means coherent ideas:

- It would be cool to have a mounting option that would attach it directly to glass for AIO tanks with a refugium in the rear chamber.

- AC70 & AC110 mounts

- Algae scrubber model using 660nm red

- Potential underwater applications?

- It would be cool to have a mounting option that would attach it directly to glass for AIO tanks with a refugium in the rear chamber.

Agreed

All you'd have to do is connect the PWM inputs together.

Cool. But?....... separate power supply is still needed... right? And if used with the controller, will other units in the chain work in slave mode?

Sweet. Any chance of selling just the actual LED strip separate? I'd love a tiny Actinic strip to save myself from making one for my 0.5G tank. Doesn't need the slick housing or anything, just a strip and a driver. Either way, excellent news.

jedimasterben

Cool. But?....... separate power supply is still needed... right? And if used with the controller, will other units in the chain work in slave mode?

It will definitely be possible to run them on one power supply (all it would take is some wire connecting the LED boards to the drivers), but that would have to be a custom order and it's up to Dave. Each driver will have its own PWM input that could be daisy-chained or run separately, all depends on the wiring chosen :)

Archived