Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Can I see your tank display as fts?? I really miss the original rock scape since the last time, there were other live rocks as interference.

Can I see your tank display as fts?? I really miss the original rock scape since the last time, there were other live rocks as interference.

I will post pics when I get the new corals for sure. I just finished a water change, and the tank is still fairly cloudy. If I end up getting anything this weekend from the LFS, I'll post pics - promise.

I missed my old scape too! Glad it's back :D

Sooo after the water was changed about 4 hours ago I decided to do a full set of tests. Here's my results:

o5t1kx.png

I am still working on lowering Phosphates and Nitrates to more acceptable levels. This was due to my long time away without water changes (Vacation) :P

Everything else looks fine, but Mg is a tad on the high side no? After one or two more water changes, I think the phosphates and Nitrate will be in check again.

I feel bad not posting any photos for a bit. Here's one for the meantime :)

oqvnko.jpg

Nom Nom Nom

I'd love to have a full sized version of this for a wallpaper image. :happy:

Love the colors on the new frags you are going to get. Let's hope they stay that way when they arrive.

Me too! Others in my area that ordered from there had great luck.

If you don't have any coral in it yet, just do one large water change and be done with it.

I think i'll do a 50% one before the corals arrive.

I'd love to have a full sized version of this for a wallpaper image. :happy:

I literally just cleared my Memory Card with the original. Once I edit them, I rarely keep the RAW files :( I'll look at getting some better pics, and post a wallpaper one for ya next time!

I literally just cleared my Memory Card with the original. Once I edit them, I rarely keep the RAW files :( I'll look at getting some better pics, and post a wallpaper one for ya next time!

homer-doh.jpg

Well I have some sad news :(

My Cleaner Shrimp Jacques is on his deathbed. I really am not sure what happened, but my guess is a molt that went bad. He was full-sized, but only about 3 months old in my tank. The reason I think it's a molt is he usually molts a few days after a water change, and since i just did one the other day, I figure that's it.

This morning I seen him in the corner twitching, with a bristle worm was attached to his antenna! I removed the bristle worm, but Jacques freaked out and swam right towards the mp10. He lost half his antenna and one of his legs.

Oh man, this is frickin' heartbreaking. I love that guy. I don't think he'll pull through, but won't remove him until I know for sure. :unsure:

Sorry to hear about Jacques. I love cleaner shrimps because they have tons of personality. Hope he pulls through...

I just realized, you're probably the only Fauna Marin user here. I was oogling their products, like that Balling Salts, their own salt mix, or their Ulta Phos... but I realize not a lot of people carry their stuff over here :(

That really sucks. I just lost my skunk cleaner the other day, I believe from him playing in the bubbles of the peroxide spot treatments I was doing.

I tried keeping him away.

Little dude wasn't too smart.

If yours was molting with no other health issues he might still be ok. It's usually pretty trivial for inverts to lose limbs, they'll just grow back with later molts. But they're also very sensitive during that time, so idk. I hope he pulls through.

Sorry to hear about Jacques. I love cleaner shrimps because they have tons of personality. Hope he pulls through...

I just realized, you're probably the only Fauna Marin user here. I was oogling their products, like that Balling Salts, their own salt mix, or their Ulta Phos... but I realize not a lot of people carry their stuff over here :(

Thanks. I love cleaner shrimp. I was initially worried about getting a Blood Red one, as I heard they can be pretty reclusive, but Jacques was out and about all the time.

Ya, not too many people in NA seem to use FM products yet. Bulk Reef Supply stocks there products as of recently. I have the Ultra Power Phos, but haven't had the need to use it yet. When i'm stocked with SPS, and if I can't keep my phosphates in check, I have it on hand.

I hear many good things from FM on many of the European forums. Their Balling salts interest me the most though. I don't think i'll be aBalling on this system, but when I upgrade i'll probably go that route.

That really sucks. I just lost my skunk cleaner the other day, I believe from him playing in the bubbles of the peroxide spot treatments I was doing.

If yours was molting with no other health issues he might still be ok. It's usually pretty trivial for inverts to lose limbs, they'll just grow back with later molts. But they're also very sensitive during that time, so idk. I hope he pulls through.

I'm sorry to hear that Chew :(

Well as of right now he is 'resting' on a rock barely moving. I'm just going to let him be for now, and see what happens. It doesn't look good though. I fed the tank hoping to get a reaction from him (you know cleaners) but he didn't budge.

Sorry to hear about your shrimp troubles... I too have a blood red fire shrimp, for the most part he stays in his little cave but he does daily patrols of the tank for leftover food :)

Thanks guys. I'll keep you all posted on his progress.

I was hoping to post all good news today, as yesterday I visited the LFS and bought 4 frags on SPS from Marine Aquaria.

I also visited another LFS closer to me called Aquarium Illusions. They just recently got a major upgrade - a gigantic frag tank lit by 4 Kessil 360W's Even a nice topdown viewer to see what the corals look like from above. They have a huge selection of coral, but many are pretty generic, and nothing caught my eye.

The frags I bought at Marine Aquaria weren't listed or named or anything, so later on i'll have to get some ID's on them. They are all going to need to color up before I could get any ID's i'm sure. All look healthy though (albeit a tad brown ATM)

I'll work on getting some photos.

Archived