ReefCleaners.org

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm too cheap to shell out for another plus wireless on both. I'm waiting on the Jabeo Phoenix Group-Buy to come in: they are replacing my old controller on the WP25 with a new one that includes variable speed control. (The current speed turns my Solana into a blender.) I'm hoping the wave action adds a little something to the tank because to be honest the single MP10 didn't live up to the hype I had built in my head.

Lol...how? A single mp10 puts out close to 1800gph...if you want waves you need to tune short pulse. 10ms(one led) for every ft of tank

Lol...how? A single mp10 puts out close to 1800gph...if you want waves you need to tune short pulse. 10ms(one led) for every ft of tank

I didn't know that about the LEDs! While I'd like a standing wave, I'm sure the water would spill over the edges of the tank. I've been running at around 80-90% on Reef Crest with the rockwork on the far side of the tank, away from the MP10. I'm probably wrong, but visually it doesn't seem like enough flow is making it to the other end of the tank.

Is there a way to "test" if the tank is getting proper flow? Or is it mostly a game of observation based on where algae can colonize, and how coral are reacting?

Drift Monkey

Is there a way to "test" if the tank is getting proper flow? Or is it mostly a game of observation based on where algae can colonize, and how coral are reacting?

Dead spots should be relatively easy to spot/find. Adjusting your pump/rockwork could help in aiding this.

As drift monkey said dead spots are easy to find. As far as spilling over...I doubt it I had both my 20 and now my 80 at half inch below the glass line on nurrient transport (short pulse with a surge in rear) and kept a standing wave. Placement should be to the front or back of the rockwork to create a whirlpool when only using one mp10

• 2 weeks later...
Kfmmartin19

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when your thread is not updated for over a month. Let it be a lesson for everyone.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when your thread is not updated for over a month. Let it be a lesson for everyone.

My tank thread is screwed if someone finds it.

That's what I'm sayin

Archived