Pod Your Reef

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

Boys, boys! Haha, it's all good. Well i'm sure the SPS will be taking in a lot of calcium and all, so I purchased Fauna Marin Ultra Easy DKH and CA.

I haven't really seen anyone use those here, so this may be a good time to do a review down the road. I get a lot of inspiration from European tanks, so if someone isn't using balling, then they usually use that or another brand I can't get here :P

I purchased the 1L bottles, so it should last me a good while.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies :eek:

Haha :happy:

So I just confirmed shipping for my corals to be here mid next week. Or more specifically Wednesday. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Haha :happy:

So I just confirmed shipping for my corals to be here mid next week. Or more specifically Wednesday. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Your not going to tell us what you got before then are yah....

Your not going to tell us what you got before then are yah....

I want to! I'm just waiting for photos. They are supposed to send some to me. I have the photos from the website, but they are kind of small/low quality. If I don't get the photos from them today, I'll show you guys with the photos I have tonight.

They are 6 Frags in all. Nothing super crazy rare or anything, but all of them are really perrrrty. :wub:

Deleted User 4

Lol. Low quality pictures from a site.....doesn't sound so pleasing, it's either you got a really good deal on these or you're just trying to help out that owner. :)

No, no. I mean small images, like 500px wide. I want original RAW files damnitt! Haha, no this site is really great. The guy who runs it called me straight away to arrange shipping details, and even texted me to confirm everything early today. Really great guys, and they pack very well.

I'll do up a review. Canada only though. :D

Okay, so here ya guys go. These are the ones I ordered.

mc3cd5.jpg

Wicked Frags Cobalt Tort

30n88jl.jpg

Wicked Frags Bonsai

1zovz8z.jpg

Tyree Rainbow Stylophora

wvr4v7.jpg

Purple Plasma Acro

11a92j8.jpg

Fire & Ice Prostrata

wmgky0.jpg

Cali Tort

Very very nice!!! Can't wait to see them in your tank.

I'm so excited! Most of them are WYSIWYG, so there's some lookers there (I mean for Frags...) I wanted to stay in my color range of blue's purples and pinks, with a splash of aqua and green. I think I suceeded there :P

I like all of them except for the 3rd one. :)

Whaaa?!!! I know it's not a 'specialty' colored stick, but it's still SPS, and adds a bit of diversity.

What don't you like about it? Just curious.

Deleted User 4

Ok, I'm sorry but I had to retract my vote for the pink streaked wrasse. Just because I saw this a mere minute ago.

Swiss guard basslet, $130

So freaking bright this one.... do it!! do it!!

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Illuiix/media/0830131-053_zps08bf64ed.jpg.html'>0830131-053_zps08bf64ed.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/itemdisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=200236&ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

Ok, I'm sorry but I had to retract my vote for the pink streaked wrasse. Just because I saw this a mere minute ago.

Swiss guard basslet, $130

So freaking bright this one.... do it!! do it!!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/itemdisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=200236&ref=4282&subref=AI&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-DDN-_-PRDCT

I think you keep forgetting i'm in Canada, and basically any Livestock from the US won't ship here.

I'm so excited! Most of them are WYSIWYG, so there's some lookers there (I mean for Frags...) I wanted to stay in my color range of blue's purples and pinks, with a splash of aqua and green. I think I succeeded there.

You absolutely did. I'm a sucker for aqua colored corals, in fact one of my favorites is my aqua/pink ricordia.

And for the record I love the stylo, I have an Ora purple stylo and I feel it's a great addition.

Deleted User 4

I think you keep forgetting i'm in Canada, and basically any Livestock from the US won't ship here.

Yeah....I keep forgetting..... Lolol.

You absolutely did. I'm a sucker for aqua colored corals, in fact one of my favorites is my aqua/pink ricordia.

And for the record I love the stylo, I have an Ora purple stylo and I feel it's a great addition.

Oh man, there were some pretty gorgeous aqua colored SPS on that site, but $100 for a frag was a little much...

I always loved how fuzzy the stylo's look, and from what i've been reading they change color depending on different tanks/params. So one may be more pink, one more purple, while the other has more blue polyps than another. Can't wait to see how it goes in my tank. The photo I posted was just the frag, but here is the mother colony:

4ryvpg.png

Yours is awesome too. It was between this one of a purple one. The Blueish polyps on this one made me melt though :P

Yeah....I keep forgetting..... Lolol.

Heh, it's okay. Kind of a bummer because it's just that much harder for me to get nice things.

Ok that colony is much better looking than that frag picture from earlier.

:)

Ya it didn't really do it justice, so I thought i would share. Ima make a believer out of yoo!

Damn that colony is beautiful!

My stylo has extremely long polyps, much more so than I see on others. Not really sure why but w/e it's healthy.

Deleted User 4

Jordon, did you test out your tank with a single SPS frag yet?

Highly recommended. Don't want jordon to lose a batch of sps again like last time.

Jordon, did you test out your tank with a single SPS frag yet?

I did :) I 'babysat' one of my friend's Green Acro's he fragged. I actually had it in my tank while I was on Vacation and a bit prior - about 3 weeks. Worked out fine. I didn't take any pics though, as I wasn't planning on keeping it. I gave it back to him last weekend. Not my style of coral i'm going for.

It didn't lose color or die LOL :lol:

Archived