Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano-Reef.com Community Upgrade!

Christopher Marks

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not excited. This forum is the cleanest, easiest to use forum I visit. I'm hoping it will stay that way but the pics make it look busy.

Christopher Marks

For our mobile iOS and Android users, the site will have a mobile optimized view that supports posting. I have no plans at the moment to support Tapatalk, but the mobile view should satisfy those needs while also allowing other community content like the gallery and blogs to be browsed from a mobile device.

Oh God, what am I going to do with my life for nine hours?!?!? =O.

My thoughts exactly. What if I have a OMG is this aiptasia moment?

:huh:

More importantly is my TOTM gonna be front and center for the couple of days left int his month? fingerscrossed

For our mobile iOS and Android users, the site will have a mobile optimized view that supports posting. I have no plans at the moment to support Tapatalk, but the mobile view should satisfy those needs while also allowing other community content like the gallery and blogs to be browsed from a mobile device.

This is great news! I have tried posting while traveling on mobile devices and failed! Thanks for the upgrade.

More importantly is my TOTM gonna be front and center for the couple of days left int his month? fingerscrossed

:wub: Metrokat too cute!

Hopefully all goes smooth. The last forum that upgraded while I was a follower lost me.. I am no longer a follower.. got too hard to use and get use to..

This will be different though, I can't stay away from this place. Plus the upgrade looks nice!

• Like 1

This makes no difference to me since I am a technophobe and a computer ignoramus. I probably won't notice the difference.

Seriously, thank you sir. I love this site! :)

Christopher Marks
Well played so if the world doesnt end we dont have to worry about it! Love the new upgrade and look.. keep up the great work!

If the Mayans were right then I'd be off the hook for all this work ;)

Christopher Marks

I promise everyone the new community site is very easy to use, I'd say it's much more intuitive than what we have now even. You will need to take some time to set up your new notification preferences and account options, and the new control panel makes it clear how and where to do so.

There are TONS of new features in the software, I'm still discovering new things myself! Here are a few examples:

If you're not a fan of forum signatures, you can now hide signatures on a per-user basis, or forum wide. It's very easy to do, you'll see a small X in the corner of a signature when you mouse over it, and it will give you some options when you click on it.

Want to embed videos in your forum posts? Now you can embed video from sites like Youtube and Vimeo by simply posting the URL to them, they're embedded automatically.

When browsing forums and you get to the bottom of a page, you can simply click 'Load more topics' and more will appear, instead of having to go to the next page.

Please bear with me as the library content sections of the website will not be finished when the new site goes live. I'm going to be working hard through the end of the month to get all of the TOTM articles into the new database, they require a little extra reformatting. Our new articles section is also a work in progress, much of our existing content needs to be reformatted for it. The good news is, however, that the articles section will be open to submissions from members, and many of our great forum guide topics can be easily turned into articles now.

There will undoubtedly be a few kinks to work out on day 1, but I am confident in the site upgrade. I've run through the process multiple times to make sure there are no bugs, and I've timed everything out to know what downtime to anticipate.

One thing I always wanted to see was a quick way to see a users topics or posts without having to open a new window for their profile and then using the drop down window. Idk, sounds stupid but on an iPhone, that could take almost a minute, maybe even two if I'm on 3G.

Christopher Marks
One thing I always wanted to see was a quick way to see a users topics or posts without having to open a new window for their profile and then using the drop down window. Idk, sounds stupid but on an iPhone, that could take almost a minute, maybe even two if I'm on 3G.

The new profile pages have a very slick way to do this. The mobile view also supports this pretty easily.

I for one am very excited to see all this implemented!

I never understand why people always freak out when Facebook (and the like) is updated, the change usually makes everything better once you get used to it!

I will say that I stopped reading Gizmodo after they did their major overhaul, but I don't see myself ever leaving here, even if it wasn't perfect.

Archived