ReefCleaners.org

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

Oh, Thanks for the clarification Ben.

Gena thank you for your discretion. I appreciate you lookin' out for me. Yes, the growth has been great. I am really happy about this.

I took out all the carbon and sponges three weeks before I left. I wanted to see if it would be okay to do b/c I did not want my tank sitter (father-in-law) to have to mess with that if he didn't have to. It worked out well with just the water changes. Nothing died and everything grew very well. I just put back the floss and sponge filters to filter out the algae I scraped off the dividing glass. BTW There was no algae growth in the back chambers what so ever!

I will try running it media-less for a while longer to see if I can get away with this! Woo hoo!

New page picture re-post :D

You may click to enlarge. :D

IMG_0001-X2.jpg

Right hand side of the arch. The sympodium has exploded across the top of the rock.

IMG_0003-X2.jpg

I thought the dot daisies were goners a few months ago. Mark pointed out the may just be spreading out. He was right . I had baby daisies spread out all over the place. Here they are on their original rock getting bushy again.

IMG_0002-X2.jpg

The Duncans are doing really well. I divided the original colony. These started out as four heads. I have lost count now.You can also see the tentacles are out on the Trumpet coral.Love it! :)

IMG_0004-X2.jpg

The Toadstool Mushies from Morgan are spectacular!

IMG_0005-X2.jpg

The LR rubble on the back wall worked out better than I expected. Here are the Frogspawn that I divided. Each head is now splitting.

IMG_0007-X2.jpg

I hope the GSP will not be too much trouble to trim back when the time comes.

IMG_0011-X2.jpg

Right side of the back wall.

IMG_0014-X2.jpg

The feather duster is so spectacular. The Coco worm is behind it and not visible on the picture.

IMG_0015-X2.jpg

The baby Hammer I took off the Momma Hammer's skeleton looks really great. So wonderful that it survived!

IMG_0016-X2.jpg

Two birds nests made it! :)

IMG_0019-X2.jpg

Some close-ups!

IMG_0020-X2.jpg

I love the blue and green on the Sympodium.

IMG_0024-X2.jpg

I really am in love with those pink speckles on the Paly.

IMG_0028-X2.jpg

One of the Duncan colonies is lighter than the other. IDK why.

IMG_0030-X2.jpg

They are both on the sand but here is the darker twin.

IMG_0032-X2.jpg

Feathery!

IMG_0036-X2.jpg

Forest of neon dots

IMG_0038-X2.jpg

Gorilla Nipples (?)

IMG_0034-X2.jpg

Fluffy, puffy mushroom with speckles too!

IMG_0042-X2.jpg

Rock anemone on the front of the tank.

IMG_0043-X2.jpg

More to come.

Here are some pictures of the fuge side of the tank.

IMG_0045-X2.jpg

I call these the ET Fingers macro.

IMG_0046-X2.jpg

Here is the base of the ET Fingers with coralline algae on it!

IMG_0056-X2.jpg

IMG_0048-X2.jpg

I place the Kenya branches that have dropped from the tank into the fuge. They are surviving well!

IMG_0047-X2.jpg

Tiny nem ...

IMG_0057-X2.jpg

Whitish tunicate on the nem rock

IMG_0060-X2.jpg

Cool shot of a tiny Keyhole limpet with water bubbles streaming past it.

IMG_0061-X2.jpg

IMG_0063-X2.jpg

Best close up of it yet ...

IMG_0069-X2.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TY Kat!

Love your new avatar. Very pretty and eye catching. :)

I just realized that I forgot poor Skippers date of arrival to MyAtlantis! :( I am such a bad Clown Goby Mommy! LOL

I brought Skipper home on September 21 of 2012. :D

A naked baby picture ...

IMAG0829_zpsb2bf657f.jpg

I am glad to see the tank is looking so beautiful even after you were gone so long! Great photos! I always love all your macro shots of interesting things in the tank. Oh, and Skipper is one of my absolute favorite fish on nano-reef!

• 1 month later...

Hello, everybody. Holy cow! It has been too long since my last post.

Here is an update! I am loving the growth in the tank! The fish are happy and make me laugh with their antics. I have to take extra care with Skipper because he is a slow eater! He is worth it though. :wub:

I found a huge flatworm in the fuge. I did not get a pic of it but it looks like this one:

Pseudoceris pardalis

flat0315.jpg

I left it in the fuge because it is so cool looking. I do not think it will slither over to the DT. I read it eats detritus, briozoans, and soft corals. the only thing in the fuge coral wise is some Kenya tree volunteers and a few extra zoas from pruning back the DT. Should I take the FW out?

Here are some pics from yesterday. Click to enlarge. :)

IMG_0106-X3.jpg

IMG_0103-X2.jpg

IMG_0104-X3.jpg

A few more...

IMG_0156-X3.jpg

Could not get focus from above. The monti has colored up from brown to green. It must like the Maxspect Razor.

IMG_0110-X3.jpg

IMG_0111-X3.jpg

IMG_0118-X3.jpg

Sorry, over exposed! :(

IMG_0120-X3.jpg

Beautiful new orange clove polyps and yellow clove polyps from Polarcollision! Thank you PC.

IMG_0124-X3.jpg

Love this Coco worm.

IMG_0125-X3.jpg

The color is off in this pic. The main body is blue and the bubbles are speckled white.

IMG_0123-X3.jpg

Can you believe the growth on these Birds Nests? I love it.

IMG_0127-X3.jpg

Momma Hammer and the baby to the left.

IMG_0128-X3.jpg

From two heads the frogspawn is now four.

IMG_0130-X3.jpg

IMG_0129-X3.jpg

IMG_0129-X3.jpg

The back wall is filling in.

IMG_0131-X3.jpg

IMG_0149-X3.jpg

IMG_0146-X3.jpg

I love these colors.

IMG_0150-X3.jpg

IMG_0152-X3.jpg

The nuclear palys above and the rock anemone are from Morgan aka ReefGardner.

IMG_0134-X3.jpg

Hey Felicia look at the color on your Monti! It went from purple background to a turquoise (shows up more blue on the pic) with little red polyps. Love it.

IMG_0141-X3.jpg

The Candycanes have completely divided now. They were two now they are four.

IMG_0142-X3.jpg

Skippers sit-upon is doing well.

IMG_0138-X3.jpg

Chili pepper shroom is so cool. (from PEA)

IMG_0137-X3.jpg

A little white softie. The polyps are a light jade color.

IMG_0136-X3.jpg

Green polyp softy from Morgan.

IMG_0155-X3.jpg

IMG_0145-X3.jpg

That is all for now friends! :wub:

jedimasterben

I wish I wasn't firewalled at work :(

But all works on my phone! Beautiful pictures, glad your tank is doing so well, and glad to have you back! :)

I wish I wasn't firewalled at work :(

But all works on my phone! Beautiful pictures, glad your tank is doing so well, and glad to have you back! :)

Thanks, Jedi. :flower:

I am glad to be back. The people on this forum are so great. I feel soooo guilty for dropping out for so long. :slap:

Oh my....yay...you are back!!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day :). The tank has had AMAZING growth!!!! I don't like when people are MIA...but it's so fun to see the growth they've had while away.

That birdsnest is soo pretty!!!!! Everything looks so happy :happy:.

Oh my....yay...you are back!!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day :). The tank has had AMAZING growth!!!! I don't like when people are MIA...but it's so fun to see the growth they've had while away.

That birdsnest is soo pretty!!!!! Everything looks so happy :happy:.

Thank you, Gena. I am glad you see the growth too. I am amazed at the growth spurt.

Sorry for being MIA. I just get so busy. I do not like it when life gets in the way of my posting! :lol:

Great to see an update! :)

Thanks! I am trying to catch up on my required reading. Your thread is one of those on the required reading list, Mark. :)

Hey there! Thanks for all these awesome pics. I look at everyone's tanks and imagine pieces of theirs in mine. Window shopping. I'll buy this coral from that tank, and oh, that one from his, this from hers. I too love your coco worm. Made me realize how much I need a coco worm or nice feather duster in my 34.

Hey there! Thanks for all these awesome pics. I look at everyone's tanks and imagine pieces of theirs in mine. Window shopping. I'll buy this coral from that tank, and oh, that one from his, this from hers. I too love your coco worm. Made me realize how much I need a coco worm or nice feather duster in my 34.

I got this Coco worm from reefs2go when they were on sale. It is very pretty. Thank you for the kind words. :)

Wow eitallent! The aquarium looks amazing. Awesome growth. :)

Thank you, Gusbus (love the name)! It is full and I will let the stuff I have in there now grow in. I would really love a clam but it looks like a bit of a squeeze.

I have had one little piece of leather coral on a small bit of rock plug for over a year. Three weeks ago and all of a sudden hair algae started to grow on that plug. I unglued it from the main rock and dipped it in peroxide. Where the plug was attached more HA started to grow. Plus HA is growing again on the same rock plug. :furious: Today I will be taking out the main rock that forms the arch. I will dip it in peroxide and rinse it with water from the WC and put it back in there. We will see if it grows back. That is some hardy stuff.

Any other suggestions on how to kill that HA? I would have thought the peroxide would do the trick. Nope!

Thank you, Gusbus (love the name)! It is full and I will let the stuff I have in there now grow in. I would really love a clam but it looks like a bit of a squeeze.

I have had one little piece of leather coral on a small bit of rock plug for over a year. Three weeks ago and all of a sudden hair algae started to grow on that plug. I unglued it from the main rock and dipped it in peroxide. Where the plug was attached more HA started to grow. Plus HA is growing again on the same rock plug. :furious: Today I will be taking out the main rock that forms the arch. I will dip it in peroxide and rinse it with water from the WC and put it back in there. We will see if it grows back. That is some hardy stuff.

Any other suggestions on how to kill that HA? I would have thought the peroxide would do the trick. Nope!

I've read about peroxide working wonders. What percentage are you using? I have a huge HA problem in my 190 and I've been dosing 20ml of 3% peroxide directly into the tank daily, but there isn't much of anything in there besides the HA. All of the SPS frags Mark gave me are gone. :( I noticed a little bit of it go away, but not enough. I've also read that turbo snails work, but idk how they would do in a smaller aquarium because they get really big. I recently stumbled upon some mini turbo snails on ebay. They might do the trick. I have a small amount of HA growth in my NC12 and might order some if things get out of hand. Also, I've read about lettuce slugs eating HA, but its sort of a hit or miss thing. I wouldn't want to watch a cute little slug perish in my tank because he couldn't find the food he liked.

Thank You. Lol. I always wanted a cool little blue maxima in my NC12. It would've added much more cowbell to what Mark had given me. Lol I like them a lot and still want one.

Archived