Coral Vue Hydros

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

your tank definately don't suck. I email the vid link to a friend of mine to check out and he was amazed at what you have done.

I guess its ok.Just wish i could take pics and get colors to show like they really are.Pics make it look bad.....

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

My new coral got from midwest coral farm today.I really think out of all my stuff this was the best deal i have ever got on a coral.where can you find a nice one of these for only 40 bucks.

100_2078.jpg

You drive from WI for just to go to MWCF. WOW, you really love corals. :)

I went their last month and got some nice SPS. I think its one of the best LFS

where I live. I am happy that it is only about 20-30min. from my house.

And what is the name of that nice looking coral?

You drive from WI for just to go to MWCF. WOW, you really love corals. :)

I went their last month and got some nice SPS. I think its one of the best LFS

where I live. I am happy that it is only about 20-30min. from my house.

And what is the name of that nice looking coral?

Lol only stop when in the area.They had a special on all there brains for 40 bucks.I know they were like 130-160 last time i was in there for some.I wanted one at the reg price but was little much and was happy to see them on special when in there friday.They are the best store i have ever been in.Awsome workers and sweet corals at great prices.Oh its a cynaria/meat coral.

Thunderstruck34

oh man now i'm really jealous. I ordered one online this past summer hoping to get a cool one like that but....I just got some green one (kinda sparkly green tho). Nice find and great price.

plainrt, midwest coral farms is have a tank sale. They are selling a 75RR tank for $145. They are also sell 40b, 90RR ,120RR, and up. So, if you want a bigger tank, now the time to do it. You have to call order the tank, they don't have the tanks at the store now, but they will have the tanks next friday. But, you have to call frist.

Ok i figure time for a bit of update on the tank im sick of looking at........... :( I Got rid of my one huge frogspawn cause it just wasnt happy with the flow anymore.It was very picky.The same day i got rid of it i found another nice one at midwest coral farm and seemed to be happy in a decent amount of flow there so figured would try another one.I also picked up a sweet scoly from there also for a steal of 50 bucks.Oh i have mounted some of my acans on rock now and have to find another good piece to place rest of them on.

3-14-10

100_2129.jpg

100_2124.jpg

100_2127.jpg

100_2122.jpg

100_2113.jpg

redkneecoral

sorry to hear of the frogspawn. Some corals aren't just happy no matter what lol.

All and all, you have an amazing tank. I have your tank as my laptop's wallpaper.

Love the scoly, looks sweet enough to eat :P.

You could always allow me to pick up your tank since you're tired of it lol hahaha

Looking great! You've got a lot of really nice stuff in there. I especially like that scoly!

Thanks.The scoly was a pretty fresh cut and for 50 bucks i figure would chance it.

sorry to hear of the frogspawn. Some corals aren't just happy no matter what lol.

All and all, you have an amazing tank. I have your tank as my laptop's wallpaper.

Love the scoly, looks sweet enough to eat :P.

You could always allow me to pick up your tank since you're tired of it lol hahaha

The new frog seems to like more flow so hope works out.I use to have it as my screensaver until i got sick of it lol........Thanks

Still looking awesome, such a beautiful, lush tank.

Thanks its still something.Almost year old now and still going strong even though many many people gave me crap about the way i was gonna run this tank etc.Just makes more rewarding i guess to rub in there face that its still going.

you have so much cool stuff in your tank!!! how was the swap?

It was ok but i really didnt think there was many good deals which was a bit sad.I only got like 5 things.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok my breeder turned one year old this week so figure would post some then and now pics to show how it has come along.I believe did very well.The sps could have grown faster but its still alive in the sumpless,skimmerless and damn near filterless beast.Im happy with how it has done considering the smit i got with this tank and how i set it up etc.Many said wouldnt work or last.Well its still here to prove them wrong.I only wish could still post on r/c where i got the most crap.

Make sure to look for corals in old pics to compare with how they are now.Keep in mind i did frag alot of stuff at times to keep things looking more scale lol.

1year ago at start after transfered cube into the breeder.I already had about 75 percent of the corals at the start of the breeder.Just where lots of tiny frags if look.

100_1041.jpg

100_1043.jpg

and fts 3-22-09

100_1059.jpg

100_1062.jpg

Now.

100_2140.jpg

100_2132.jpg

100_2137.jpg

100_2144.jpg

100_2143.jpg

OClownsandNanos

Thanks for that comparison - it's awesome to see that you started with such small frags and they still comprise the majority of your tank's current corals. Really awesome growth for a year's time and your tank is still one of the best on here IMO. Keep up the great work and happy birthday to your tank!

Militant Jurist

Wow, that's a lot of very nice Acans! I really like how everything has grown in together, with hardly a spot of rock!

Archived