ReefCleaners.org

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok ill get you pics up later for you.It can be hard to show true colors in pics.I forgot what im even using now.....I have a 6 bulb but run it with 4 most of time so i setup bulbs a certain way so looks close when using 6 for couple hours a day.The 4 bulb im using now is a bit more blue then that first one.

On another note today i got some more frags........

100_2025.jpg

Guess what I found??

Anyone around here running a 4 bulb with bulbs below? I was playing around one day and this seems to work very well over my 40b.Great colors and i think better then my old combo.Its a very crisp white with a slight tint of blue.Will get pics up on friday.I always see people saying the fiji purple is a no no with 4 bulbs but i dont see no pink tint or anything with this setup.

front to back

ati blue +

kz fiji purple

ati blue +

ge 6500

I also have a 6 bulb fixure so run this few hours sometimes and looks good also but way to bright for my likes lol

ati blue special

ati blue +

kz fiji purple

ati blue +

ge 6500

ati blue +

here is one with 4 bulbs.Its hard to show in my pics but this is close to true color as i can get.It works very well and not pink at all in person.Ill get one of the 6 bulb later.Its just a tiny bit more white and very bright

100_1907.jpg

Those new frags look pretty nice, looking forward to pics of them in the tank and out of the bags.

When you just run 4 bulbs, are you still running 2 ATI Blue+, 1 KZ Fiji Purple, and 1 GE 6500?

If so, do you still feel it's a little bluer than the bulb combo you had over your 30b?

I ask because the 2 Blue+, 1 Fiji Purple and 1 GE 6500 is what I'm thinking of doing when I get new bulbs.

Is that the KZ Coral Light or the KZ Coral Light II?

Is one of the 2 pics above under the Coral Light bulb?

I swapped it out a while back so yes it is with the coral light.The ge was just a bit more white.Its just a kz coral light.

Nice! The lighting is what I'm going for! How's the MP20? Oh and you call those new corals frags?!

I love the mp20.The new corals are frags casue when i get them i frag them up and split cost with locals.I only keep small chunks of the ones i like the most........

OMG, now this is one beautiful looking tank. A great colors that is an eyecandy for me. I sure hope my tank will at least come close to your's. I have to show this to my wife.

I really love your collection of acans. I am hooked on them eversince i gotten my first rainbow acan

Is that an sinularia on the acan size, if so, that is huge. Makes mine looking like a sapling lol.

And that the biggest duncan i have ever seen, love it.

OUTSTANDING

Thanks heres a more recent of the acans.I forgot the name of the green thing lol........Its not a sinularaia though.Live aquaria sell them and has a weird name.

100_2040.jpg

100_2043.jpg

My new plate.

100_2042.jpg

One of my chalice geting huge

100_2048.jpg

Thanks people.Two more months and will be a year old.Cant wait to post sided by side shots of the growth in this tank in a year.........

here a recent fts as of today of this pos.Working on getting vid up on here too.

100_2057.jpg

Looks even better. The caps are growing quick!

Acrappy vid of my ugly tank.Turn volume down as prob wont like the music in background lol.It was only way to keep son from being heard breaking stuff....... =))

th_100_2061.jpg

Thunderstruck34

nice tank dude! I lost my password for my nanoreef account so its been awhile since I looked at your tank thread. Is that green sinularia looking coral a nepthea perhaps? and what'd you end up doing with all those clams in one of the last pics?

nice tank dude! I lost my password for my nanoreef account so its been awhile since I looked at your tank thread. Is that green sinularia looking coral a nepthea perhaps? and what'd you end up doing with all those clams in one of the last pics?

The green thing is a nepthea or whatever.I sold one and kept a crocea one but when removed from bag it stunk and knew whouldnt last long.Lets say it didnt make it the nite.I noticed the foot looked beat up so bet tore it off something.It was from the same place as always.First bad luck i had with them.I do know where some super cheap clams are gonna be at end of month along with sps and fish.Pm me if wanna know more.Cheap cheap cheap is all will say here.

your tank definately don't suck. I email the vid link to a friend of mine to check out and he was amazed at what you have done.

Archived