Top Shelf Aquatics

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

Wow, beautiful tank, the colors are amazing. Are those polyps on the top left?

Thanks :) Top left would be purple anthelia.It grows like weeds and give away to locals all the time as can see in my pics some time i have a bunch and then its thinned out in other pics.I need to get rid of some again but i have been slacking on putting rocks back there to grow on.

hmm, well I can get some acans for $100-200 for a small frag with maybe 5 heads at a lfs...or I can get maybe 5 heads for $50 plus shipping which would bring it to like $80 online or...I can buy online and get say $20-$50 per head plus shipping online as well...So given my choices I think $25 for a small frag is pretty darn reasonable... some people!!!

Right if ever get the acan bug let me know.Ill get you them cheap and better of the frags i cut also.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoot, once my tank has a chance to mature and your in the mood to trim your tank down.... I`m living up in Green Bay, I`ll take anything off your hands ;)

Shoot, once my tank has a chance to mature and your in the mood to trim your tank down.... I`m living up in Green Bay, I`ll take anything off your hands ;)

Thats cool just pop in sometime and let me know as i tend to always have some things around.Thunderstruck34 is also up in the green bay area.Alot of good people up there and part of fox valley reef club.

:D yay! I have been thinking about it lol. Maybe when I get some xmas money I will hafta take you up on that.

Sounds good lol.Ill hook you up.I still feel i owe you for the mutant frogspawn.That thing is just a beast.Oh and help out eric the new guy that is posting here since he is up by you in Gb.........

Just took a pic of the acan no one wanted.Thing is getting better all the time.It started as a plain looking acan but more and more rainbow keeps coming out.

acan.jpg

Lol thanks but i wouldnt go that far. That acan is a frag from a colony i got and cut up into frags.No one wanted it for 20 bucks........Now its prob one of my favorites.

Militant Jurist
Right thats how i feel.I do cheaper for people that i know like you.Where can you get acan frags with 5+ heads for 20 bucks?I have yet to find any for that lol.They are always nice ones also.

I guess that's where I'm lucky to have an online retailer as a LFS. I can get 7 to 8 head acan lords for $35, and cheaper if there is a sale. If you are selling acan frags in a month or two and shipping, you'll have to let me know. I have an urge for an acan garden in a section of my 29g tank!

20 bucks for acan frag sounds good to me! :D

My LFS would sell it for $100, everything there is over price.

Ouch.....

I guess that's where I'm lucky to have an online retailer as a LFS. I can get 7 to 8 head acan lords for $35, and cheaper if there is a sale. If you are selling acan frags in a month or two and shipping, you'll have to let me know. I have an urge for an acan garden in a section of my 29g tank!

I wish i had a a lfs like that.I have never shipped yet as its just so much of a risk it seems and even more so now that winter is on its way.Someday i will start as i have alot of people always wanting to trade etc.

lol i'd do a trade for some o your acans :D

lol they all been cut too much lately.They need to grow out some again lol.I wish had some things to trade.I need to get a frag tank going lol

Thunderstruck34

You know what would be perfect for that??? I bet you know what I'm going to say lol.

Yeah thats right you've been fraggin like a mad scientist. You almost need to get a frag tank setup with all your stuff you have.

Baldwinaquaman
You know what would be perfect for that??? I bet you know what I'm going to say lol.

Yeah thats right you've been fraggin like a mad scientist. You almost need to get a frag tank setup with all your stuff you have.

I was wondering how you like your current subcurrent filter? Would you reccommend it? Would you pick it again if you had it do over? How does it attach to the glass, by suction cups? How well does it stay in place? Thanks! Beautiful tank!

Thunderstruck34
I was wondering how you like your current subcurrent filter? Would you reccommend it? Would you pick it again if you had it do over? How does it attach to the glass, by suction cups? How well does it stay in place? Thanks! Beautiful tank!

trend setter...

Lol i know.Its tempting but i know what else would make a great frag tank.........A 30b after a upgrade lol

I like it but i would have used a aquaclear110 if i didnt mind having to move my tank away from wall.The subcurrent works pretty well for what it is.I wouldnt use one on anything bigger though.Its held by suction cups and never had a issue with them.

trend setter...

Lol everyone asking the dumb guy with the fake pics ?s lol. :haha: Current needs to start sending me some money or something lol.

I have nothing left to say to you except...I told you so!

lol i get so many pms about it.......

Awesome tank! My parents live in West Bend, maybe in the future we could do a swap?

Thanks.That we could just let me know when gonna be in the area and ill try to have some good stuff around.

as bland and stupid as this sounds:

"I LOVE THIS FREAKEN TANK!!!"

Lol :)

thank you

Well after a long time of looking for a yellow tip torch i got one last nite.Im so happy i can cross off another coral off my list.Now i need a nice white bubble coral.

100_1851.jpg

Very nice torch! My LFS has a bright white bubble coral but it is massive!!! The sweeper tenatcles on that thing are some of the longest I have seen. It occupies a large corner of the tank its in and there is nothing within a foot of it.

Archived