SaltCritters.com

My 2.5g

rleon3003

if it doesnt move, it will attach over time. check out my new pico, the link is in my signature. :) right now i currently have a single 10w light and its a bit warm. how is yours handling the heat of the lights? are the two fans enough?

2 fans are enough. my room is at 78, outside its in the low 80s and right now my tank is at 78.2 lst night it was at 76. i shut off the fans when it gets too low.

and ill definetly go check out your tank. :D

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if your room is 78º try putting your fans on a timer either with your lights or similar to your lights. I have my fan set to come on a few minutes after the lights come on and a few minutes after the lights go off. that gives it time to cool the bulbs after they are off.

• 2 weeks later...
hey had to go all the way to the 2nd page to find this thread, any updates? new pics

yea i have updates. srry i havent posted them. i changed the rockwork...again. i really dont like it but i guess it will do. i changed it because i wanted to give the torch some space so it wouldnt sting anything. i took one of the rocks and broke it into smaller pieces. i shortened the torches "stem" thing (i still dont know if thats what its called). the mushroom seemes to be a bit bigger but still doesnt expand. im getting green all over my glass and sand. i need to get some snails. and im getting bubbles everywhere. haha. ill take some pix later and post them.

• 3 weeks later...

been a long time since i have updated with pix. Im getting bad at updating. anyways, not really an update. i did get a clean up crew about 2 weeks ago. i got 4 snails and 3 crabs. yea its a lot and thats a lot of crabs in such a small space but ehyre all still alive and they keep the tank really clean. the bubbles arent a problem any more. well here are some pix.

DSC06033.jpg

FTS

DSC06034.jpg

torch

DSC06035.jpg

zoas

DSC06037.jpg

mushroom, this has been the biggest its ever been.

DSC06038.jpg

start od what im hoping is coraline algae

DSC06039.jpg

this has grown on my back wall. its like coraline but white. i dont know wat it is

DSC06041.jpg

the coral

Cool! :)

Your corals look very happy!

thanks! the torch does look good and the zoas but im still waiting for that mushroom to get BIG.

the white stuff is scrapable like coraline. i dont know if i want to leave it or scrap it off. it does give a little color to the back but it makes the back look dirty.

and the temp is doing great. im getting between 78-80 throughtout the day. 36w in the display, 10w(or 5w, im not sure) in the fuge and one fan sucking air out. im hoping i wont need a heater this winter and ill beable to just take the fan out.

thanks.

i took some more pix right before the lights when out, which is the reason the torch and shrooms look a bit closed up or small.

DSC06042.jpg

DSC06044.jpg

DSC06046.jpg

DSC06047.jpg

Obsessed Reefer

Why would they look closed up if you took them before the lights went out?

pwnd

Why would they look closed up if you took them before the lights went out?

pwnd

i took these pics about 5min before the actinics went out. The corals are use to their lighting schedule so they know the lights will go off soon. when i said lights i didnt mean just the daylights, i meant the whole lights including the actinics.

PWND! right back at you.

corals are some what like humans. we know when its time to go to sleep and we get tired and need our "sleep"

i got the torch from the LFS a while back. $35. i dont think its the same as galaxy coral.

Obsessed Reefer
i took these pics about 5min before the actinics went out. The corals are use to their lighting schedule so they know the lights will go off soon. when i said lights i didnt mean just the daylights, i meant the whole lights including the actinics.

PWND! right back at you.

How was I pwnd. It's not my fault you didnt give enough information.

How was I pwnd. It's not my fault you didnt give enough information.

what other information did you need? i took them before the lights went out. Only common sense would tell you the rest.

Obsessed Reefer

Yes. Before the lights went out. Meaning they were still on, so the corals are still open.

Fugu: Very nice. Yea. I get tired from that too.

Yes. Before the lights went out. Meaning they were still on, so the corals are still open.

if you were told that the corals are closing up because the lights are about to go off, what would you think?

the corals are going to colse up because the lights have been on all day.

looking good rleon. i get to start stocking my 2.5g soon :D

very kool. ill be paying close attention to yours thread. cant wait to see yours stocked

• 2 weeks later...

its still the same. nothing has dies or anything like that. i havent boughten any coral or anything cuz ive been saving my momney for Gears of War. and i finally got enough, haha. im getting the game tomorrow, then i can start putting some money in my tank.

Archived