Coral Vue Hydros

My 2.5g

rleon3003

sorry, I have a hard time getting livestock to put in my tank. Most of you guys need to worry about temps and stuff, I need to worry about how I am going to get anything to keep in my tank.

o ok. i understand now. i thought you typed that here by accident but now i understand. theres no good LFS in canada?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BuDuBaBaBaaaaaa I'm lovin it. 78.5 degrees.

EDIT

scratch that. the temps are at 76.6 ill see if the temps get higher if i make one fan blow ari in and the other suck air out. i dont want to rewire the fans. i have them both running on the same plug.

here are som pix of how i put the 2 fans on the canopy. both sucking out. later one will be sucking out and the other blowing in.

DSC05675.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

DSC05680.jpg

and im getting some algae

DSC05681.jpg

o ok. i understand now. i thought you typed that here by accident but now i understand. theres no good LFS in canada?

there are many but none that are within driving distance for me, everything must be shipped in. I live on an island.

keep both fans blowing out, if you switch them they will just be fighting with each other. Tanks is looking good, have you added anything to it yet?

there are many but none that are within driving distance for me, everything must be shipped in. I live on an island.

keep both fans blowing out, if you switch them they will just be fighting with each other. Tanks is looking good, have you added anything to it yet?

i just added about 10-15 green zoas. pix will come soon. i got them off of my 55g. they fell off their rock. and i will keep the fans blowing out. thanx for the heads up.

so. i took out the three rocks with some algae growing on them. people said it was bad so i took them out.

New rockwork

DSC05713.jpg

right

DSC05714.jpg

left(ignore the cup. i have some zoas and mushroom acclimating)

DSC05715.jpg

I got my package!!!

1x18w sunpaq Daylight

1x18w Sunpaq Actinic

1x10w Red Sea palm light(fuge light)

DSC05693.jpg

so i started acclimating the zoas from my 55g and a mushroom i peeled off a rock. the mushroom's applesauce cup sank to the bottm as soon as i put it in so that mushroom got a bunch of my water on it without acclimating.

i then added them.

DSC05717.jpg

DSC05716.jpg

i dont know how the mushroom will do but i hope it goes good.

DSC05718.jpg

the muchroom will probably do fine, nice looking zoa's

thank you very much. you cant really see them from the pic but some are green and other are pink. ill get a better pic tomorrow.

I wish I had a rock with that many heads on it. all mine are still very small frags, can't wait to get them in the tank though. I am going to try and get a small clean up crew this week and then next week start adding a few frags.

I wish I had a rock with that many heads on it. all mine are still very small frags, can't wait to get them in the tank though. I am going to try and get a small clean up crew this week and then next week start adding a few frags.

u really like to take it slow huh? haha jk. i bought this piece from the LFS about a month ago. $50! but now that my 55g is going down i put them in here.

it is a nice piece

I only put the water in last Saturday, hasn't even been a week yet, I don't want to screw stuff up too much. Actually I tossed 2 small snails in there today, see how they do.

o. i thought it has been set up for a while. srry.

i woke up this morning around 8:30. the temp was 76.4 right now its 79.4 i need to buy a heater. i want a small one but i dont know which one.

I found a cheap 25w heater that fits into my AC200, I forget the name on it but it was made by Hagen. It does a very good job keeping my temps stable

ok. ill be looking for that one. does that have a temp control?

and is it typical for the mushroom to still look the same as it did in the pic above? it hasnt stuck to the rock and expanded. is it dead?

I have more

lol

i dont care. this site aint my life.

well, i think i might have to get a bigger AC cuz i kept the torch from my 55g and it needs better flow than the AC20 can offer. im thinking of buying the AC200 like phatSOB and doing what he did to it by redirecting the current so the whole tank gets some movement. and i will also be able to put a heater in the AC instead of the tank. Maybe tomorrow ill get it. but im not sure.

I feel so inspirational!! :)

I am not sure about the mushroom, give it a few days, from what some of the guys around here say you can't really kill them, they will die off and 2 new ones will grow, sometiimes. give it some time and see if it comes back. If it is not stuck to the rock you may need to put some veil over it to hold it in place until it does.

I feel so inspirational!! :)

I am not sure about the mushroom, give it a few days, from what some of the guys around here say you can't really kill them, they will die off and 2 new ones will grow, sometiimes. give it some time and see if it comes back. If it is not stuck to the rock you may need to put some veil over it to hold it in place until it does.

you are an inspiration! about the mushroom, my uncle said it wasnt dead. give it time and it will come back. it still hasnt stuck itself. you think i can use super glue?

nah, from what I have read around here mushrooms don't superglue very well, everyone says to wrap some veil around it for a week or two ntil it atached. Just make sure it is wrapped loosely so that it has room to expand.

mushrooms are indestructable. i superglued one to a rock, and in my haste, glued half of the oral disk as well. within 2 days it had ripped itself off and is now regenerating that side so its almost the same as it started off as. not bad for a freebie. :)

thanx for the info guys. i might wrap it some veil as you said. right now its in a low flow spot of the tank and it stays where its at. it doesnt move from there or float away.

if it doesnt move, it will attach over time. check out my new pico, the link is in my signature. :) right now i currently have a single 10w light and its a bit warm. how is yours handling the heat of the lights? are the two fans enough?

Archived