inTank Media Baskets

My 2.5g

rleon3003

Hi, Ive been trying to decide to do a 10g or a 2.5 g and Ive stumbled upon yalls 2.5 discussion :) This will be my first nano do you think 2.5g is an ok idea. What kind of filter and heater and light will do best? Little info and alot of suggestions would be most appreciated!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.5 is very small for your first tank. I would lean towards something bigger to start off. 10G + would be better if not 20. The bigger the tank the more room for error without losing all your livestock.

2.5 is very small for your first tank. I would lean towards something bigger to start off. 10G + would be better if not 20. The bigger the tank the more room for error without losing all your livestock.

^^^good advice. i read that for the beginners first salt water tank should be around a 55g. but those get really expensive. I would do a 10g+ tank. It does give you more room for errors. the smaller the tank, the less expensive. but do get one at least 10g. Hope to see a tank from you soon. :D

Pictures are here. All let them do the talking.

DSC05445.jpg

DSC05446.jpg

DSC05447.jpg

DSC05448.jpg

DSC05449.jpg

DSC05450.jpg

DSC05451.jpg

DSC05453.jpg

as for this one, the paint and tape are peeling off so i used some more tape to tape it down. Hopefully its not that bad when looking into the tank.

DSC05454.jpg

enjoy. tell me what you think.

its a diagonal overflow wall thats from 2 and 3/4" to the right and 2 and 3/4" to the front. about 7.56" in total from the 72" of the tank.

canopy looks great, I also really like the oveflow idea, gonna have to go find some acrylic now too. My tank is on back order until atleast next week, ugh

That is amazing!!!!! I have been thinking about pico or AGA 2.5 now after reading your thread I all over the AGA 2.5 Thank you very much for making up my mind. You have anwsered a lot of questions about an overflow if a fuge was an option and so on. I can't wait to see it with water in it!!! Keep up the good work.

canopy looks great, I also really like the oveflow idea, gonna have to go find some acrylic now too. My tank is on back order until atleast next week, ugh

that sucks. and you dont have to use acriylic like wat i used. i was gonna use a black PVC pipe and cut that into an overflow. but i found this acrylic in my 55g and it wasnt there for a reason so i used it. Ill be waiting for your tank for another week. That sucks...again.

That is amazing!!!!! I have been thinking about pico or AGA 2.5 now after reading your thread I all over the AGA 2.5 Thank you very much for making up my mind. You have anwsered a lot of questions about an overflow if a fuge was an option and so on. I can't wait to see it with water in it!!! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the nice words. And your welcome. And i will. :D

That hood/base looks AWESOME! He did a great job.

When are you going to start cycling the tank?

texx

im thinking later this week probably friday or saturday. i still have to silicone the overflow wall, which will take 2 days to dry. then stain or paint or w/e to the canopy and base. I can start cycling it then but it will only have 1x27daylight. i have to order 2x18w bulbs. im not going with the screw ins. I just need to buy 2x18w bulb and im set. and they fit in the canopy! so maybe this weekend or friday.

the overflow is siliconed into place. so by thursday night it should be set for water. that gives me time to find out what im gonna do with the hood (paint , stain, or leave alone).

i spray painted a semi-gloss cover on the canopy and base. So its al ready to go except for the drying silicone and a possible leakage. We cut the silicone on the bottom of the tank where the overflow wall is at and behind there may still be some non siliconed places that we cant reach. So there is a possibility of a leaking problem. If there is, ill find a way to silicone it back.

I finished the spraying today. I did a quick leak test to see if it would leak. and it doesnt leak. YAY!

DSC05457.jpg

DSC05456.jpg

DSC05458.jpg

DSC05459.jpg

DSC05460.jpg

DSC05461.jpg

so i set the tank up. The overflow works great. i love it. i couldnt get a good aquascape cuz the water was all sandy. When it clears up ill see if those r the rocks ill keep and ill find a good aquascape.

DSC05462.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05466.jpg

DSC05467.jpg

Thanks!

Here are some pics of the rockwork that ill be keeping. I added another rock. Im not sure if theres too much rock in there and not enough room for any rocks that the coral comes on. If thats the problem then ill get rid of some of the little rocks. I really like the cave thing.

I also put in 1x27w Daylight. I still have to put the other one in. Im gonna take out the 27w daylight and buy 1 18w daylight and 1 18w Actinic. But for now, i just wanted some light and im stuck with a 27w daylight. But that will go.

PICTURES!

DSC05468.jpg

DSC05469.jpg

DSC05471.jpg

DSC05472.jpg

DSC05473.jpg

DSC05474.jpg

DSC05475.jpg

DSC05476.jpg

DSC05477.jpg

i found myself a little pet. i know everyone has them and theres a bunch but this was the only little one that came with me on the rocks. and its a perfect STAR. look.

DSC05478.jpg

DSC05479.jpg

i like it!

thanks

well, i had to take all the rock out, and try to take all the sand out cuz i needed to add some eggcrate to the botto. the rock would keep sliding and i really didnt want more sand in there but i had to put more sand to hide the egg crate. so now im waiting for the water to clear up a little bit then fix my rock work back.

here are some pix of the new rockwork. theres a little difference.

DSC05484.jpg

DSC05485.jpg

DSC05486.jpg

the temperature right now is 83*. i only have 1x27w daylgith in it. Im gonna need to put some fans in there.

Archived