ReefCleaners.org

My 2.5g

rleon3003

its still the same. nothing has dies or anything like that. i havent boughten any coral or anything cuz ive been saving my momney for Gears of War. and i finally got enough, haha. im getting the game tomorrow, then i can start putting some money in my tank.

It should be sweet on xbox live!I want to buy myself a 360 for christmas!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Gears on release day, it is awesome, you won't be disappointed. Picked up Project 8 last night, seems to be the best Tony Hawk so far.

• 2 weeks later...

i still havent gotten anything for the tank but i have bad news. the tank is leaking from the front right corner. idk really know how it happened but i think its because i moved it with everything in it. i moved to the garage and i cant take it with me because i dont have a heater. so i moved it to out family room so it could stay warmer in there. (that was thursday) i was gone all day yesterday on a field trip at school and i just realized it was leaking. luckily i had a towel around the tank.

my plan is to take everything out and put it in a bucket with the AC on it. then ill superglue the tanks leak and let it set for 2 days, then put everything back. i am going to have to get a heater though but i dont know which one and where to get one from.

Why not just get another tank? How much is it, 10 bucks, a lot cheaper than loosing all your coral.

i am thinking about getting another tank but i want to keep thte one i have right now because i already have the background painted on, the overflow siliconed in, and the bottom frame glue on the tank. right now i have the corals and rock in some plastic box of some sort with the AC on it. but i want to silicone the tank but im not quite sure how to do it.

thats what i want to do but i dont think i can get the bottom frame off the tank cuz its glued on. but i think i might have to stay with this tank if i cant get it off. imma go try to take it off.

me neither, haha. im taking the overflow wall out right now and ill just have to buy more wood for another frame and more paint to repaint it.

EDIT

i was able to get the wood frame off without it breaking! i got the overflow wall off but im having trouble with the silicone. my dad says to go ahead and sand it. it doesnt have to be shiny and the sand paper will get the silicone off. i just need paint, gorilla glue, and another tank. i want an AGA tank this time. before it was a Perfecto tank that i got from petsmart. Does anybody know if Petco or somewhere else has AGA 2.5g tanks?

haha. gracias, pero no. i dont really like those things. im afraid ill get my finger chopped off, haha. i think i want to get a pom pom crab trio. or maybe just 2 of them.

i got my heater today! finally. now my coral can be nice and warm. but i still need to get an AGA 2.5g tank, paint it and silicone the overflow. i think maybe in a week or less itll all be back in my room nice and warm.

you could have siliconed the tank kyou had, after all, you did have the time invested in it. The silicone would seal garunteed. Its what holds tanks together in the first place.

I really like where your going with this setup, and how you constructed the overflow/ac. Where are you going to place the heater? hopefully hidden in the overflow?

haha. gracias, pero no. i dont really like those things. im afraid ill get my finger chopped off, haha. i think i want to get a pom pom crab trio. or maybe just 2 of them.

my hands are perfectly intact :lol:

you could have siliconed the tank kyou had, after all, you did have the time invested in it. The silicone would seal garunteed. Its what holds tanks together in the first place.

I really like where your going with this setup, and how you constructed the overflow/ac. Where are you going to place the heater? hopefully hidden in the overflow?

there is too much evaporation in such a small tank for the heater to be safe in the overflow. The heater either has to go in the tank or in the AC.

rleon- I hope you get your little tank back up and running soon, it looked great.

i would like it to go behind the overflow wall, but i dont think there is enough space. if it doesnt fit, then ill try hiding it behind the rocks. i want to put it horizontaly against the back wall so the rocks will hide it. i dont think it will fit in the AC.

The evaporation is crazy in such a small tank. i didnt like topping off everyday so the AC could pump the water. im planing on drilling a hole just above the intake of the AC's inlet tube. like that, water will always be pumped through the AC.

your problem with evap is that you have such a small false wall. this causes the water level to drop more rapidly behind the wall; therefore, causing issues with the ac filter. in part du you could create a bigger overflow, or just no overflow at all. get some cpvc to make a black surface skimmer for the filter. are you sure you cant fit the heater in the filter because its so small?

what do you know, the heater does fit in the AC. thats so cool. so, i dont have to worry about having the heater shown.

i went to petco to get an AGA 2.5g tank.....and they didnt have any. so, i went to petsmart and bought the same Top Fin plastic tank that i previously had. Oh well.

just went to the LFS on the bus and i spent $109. thats a lot. i got a ricordia, 3 colors of zoanthids, 2 green stripe mushrooms, and a small rock covered in coraline to help my tank grows some, and some salt mix for 50g. this was an expensive trip.

Ok fine, here are some pix. some i had to take under a magnifine(magnifide, idk what it is) glass.

$30, some green and 3 pink ones.

DSC06614.jpg

DSC06617.jpg

DSC06621.jpg

DSC06622.jpg

$40, ricordia, zoas, and a polyp.

DSC06615.jpg

DSC06616.jpg

DSC06620.jpg

$8, 2 green striped mushrooms but theyre on opposite sides of the rock so i dont know how to give them both light.

DSC06618.jpg

$4, a rock

DSC06619.jpg

This is where everything has been for the past 2 weeks in my ghetto "tank"

DSC06623.jpg

DSC06624.jpg

Archived