SaltCritters.com

My 2.5 Gallon Pico Reef

Obsessed Reefer

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know if they have them at all walmarts but i bought a small 25w that will fit right in your filter for under $10. its been working for me for almost 2 years and most other name brand heaters barely last 6 months till they stuck on. ill look to see what the brand is and the exact name of it when i go to walmart again. the heater i have dont have any info on it so i have no idea what brand it is but i know they still sell them because i just seen them yesterday at walmart.

edit: actually the heater is for a betta tank for up to 3 gallons so its probably the same one halfpints talking about

If it's a little black box that's real thin, thne it's the same one.

I've been working upthe numers on the price and I think I might be able to set it up before I move, after all!

ok well mine isnt the one your refering to but i know exactly which one your talking about and alot of people use them on there pico's so thats another good option.

No, it doesn't. That's the only bad thing with that one. What about the mini in-line heater? You could make a closed loop with a powerhead inside the AC filter.

Obsessed Reefer

Or I could go with a small 25W heater that will fit behind my rock?

Thanks for the ideas guys. It means something to me :wub: .. But I wanna keep it simple

ooooo! I've got it! Use a SWCD attached to a mag 3 three, and then T-off the return of the mag 3. One side goes to an additional 2.5 tank, which has a maxijet 900 for returns. The other side of the T on the mag3 goes to the SWCD. One part of the SWCD goes to a closed loop manifold around the top of the tank, with 3 outlets, and it's painted black. The other part of the SWCD goes to 3 sets of loc-line that are hidden behind the rock.

Simple enough for ya? BTW, go for a yellow watchman goby. they are awsome.

Obsessed Reefer
ooooo! I've got it! Use a SWCD attached to a mag 3 three, and then T-off the return of the mag 3. One side goes to an additional 2.5 tank, which has a maxijet 900 for returns. The other side of the T on the mag3 goes to the SWCD. One part of the SWCD goes to a closed loop manifold around the top of the tank, with 3 outlets, and it's painted black. The other part of the SWCD goes to 3 sets of loc-line that are hidden behind the rock.

??????? omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

can you say stand storms 24/7?????

And I really plan on getting a Red Stripped Goby. But they stay less than an inch, so I might get another small goby.

Pics soon

100_0295.jpg

100_0301.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0299.jpg

100_0298.jpg

100_0297.jpg

100_0296.jpg

Enjoy

nice selection of rock. that red gives is some color. when do you plan on putting the background on and taking that barcode sticker off it. i took mine off then used goo off to get all the sticking remainings off.

Ok. Well dispite what rleon said, I was susspended for some reason... But CMarks fixed it. So I'm back

i didnt tell people u were suspended cuz then everyone would ask.

Obsessed Reefer

Ok. Well I just wanted them to know the truth.

Hopefully I will be starting to stock my pico this weekend, if I can get a heater by then.

Obsessed Reefer

Ok. Well I plan on getting a small heater for my AC20, Dont think I will be turning it into a fuge soon, so that will work.

In like 3 min. I am gonna go work with my rock, cus It's not all up against the back of my tank, so there is wasted space, and I might add some more sand.

Pics later tonite

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...p;N=2004+113767

That is the heater I am gonna get

I noticed alot of people like to use the ac20 for picos, as do I :) Piece of advice I used, at petsmart they are 22.99 but if you go online at the petsmart site they are only 13.99. Retarded but if you print out the page and bring it to them they give you the online price, just some fyi.

haha yea its pretty shi**y, most things are more expensive (by alot) in store than online, just because they use shipping to bring the price back up online, but if you print it out, then they have no choice but to match it in store. Petsmart is just great.

I noticed alot of people like to use the ac20 for picos, as do I :) Piece of advice I used, at petsmart they are 22.99 but if you go online at the petsmart site they are only 13.99. Retarded but if you print out the page and bring it to them they give you the online price, just some fyi.

wow. is that seriously true? if so, i should have done that and ill do that in the futrue. thanx for the tip.

yep true, works for everything in the store

and about the heater discussion earlier, ive been trying to find an unobvious heater but none have really had temp control and havent worked, so i ended up getting a topfin 25w that hides behind the rock pretty well....good luck with the heater search.

Obsessed Reefer

Well I just got back from Petco with my new heater. The current spot is only temp. I could even put it under the sand!!! lol.

post-18741-1159834739_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1159834749_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1159834758_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1159834770_thumb.jpg

Archived