Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 2.5 Gallon Pico Reef

Obsessed Reefer

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obsessed Reefer

Why yes actually. I hope to have this running by Friday. Here is my rundown.

-Tank, Filter, and top is set to go.

-I found a computer desk for my computer, so I should have my room set tonight.

-My lights should be here by Thursday.

-I got a blue background for my tank.

-I plan to take some rock from my NC, but it only has 10.8 pounds. So I might have to buy some Display rubble from my lfs.

-Sand from my NC.

That's about it for now.

Obsessed Reefer

Ok. Well once my light's come, I'm starting it. I got my room set. But now I might have a new spot for it. On the top of my computer desk, but IDK if it can hold a tank.. Pics once I find my camera

Yet another 2.5 thread! I wonder if my tank was any inspiration to all these new ones around. Anyways, since I posted in the others I'll post here.

Looks like your off to a good start with this one, if you have any Q's lemme know. You can find all my tank info here for ideas:

2.5 Homepage with info:

http://65.190.199.12/nano.htm

Nano-Reef thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91872

Reef Central thread:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=775300

And a pic for something to look forward too!!

fts091906.jpg

Obsessed Reefer

Here are the pics. I made a "shelf" for my lid out of egg crate. I cut some of the front out to make better vents.

Now I just need to custom cut the background and I'll be set.

post-18741-1158705935_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1158705945_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1158705954_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1158705963_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1158705975_thumb.jpg

post-18741-1158705986_thumb.jpg

Obsessed Reefer
Yet another 2.5 thread! I wonder if my tank was any inspiration to all these new ones around. Anyways, since I posted in the others I'll post here.

Dude. I have NO clue who you are??? I have never seen or heard of your tank?? Not to be mean but you didnt inspire me?? maybe someone else. but not me

sorry

It was a general question, not specifically directed at you. Next time read the post a little better and please chose your response a little more carefully.

chose your response a little more carefully.

um...did u c wat u posted? u made it seem as if there was another 2.5g! that u have inspired. i too have a 2.5g thread i just started last week and i have never heard or seen ur tank. i too dont seem to be mean or anythinh but ur tank did not inspire me. it was obsessed Reefer that inspired me :D haha

nice choice of rocks. how come its not all the way filled with water? did u not have enough from ur NC? did u use water from ur NC?

lookin' good

Obsessed Reefer

I know. I think I'm just gonna get like 1 more piece for my pico, then like 2 or 3 for my nano cube.

My lights are coming tomorrow, so it should start growing fast.

Looks good so far. I'm just waiting to see pictures of the tank with the light on it.

What are the dimensionns of the tank? I'm thinking about setting one up after I move and I like to plan waaay ahead of time. I'm wanting to get together material costs for building a stand and hood. I'm thinking about making one with three screw in PC bulbs in the hood.

I'm thinking about making one with three screw in PC bulbs in the hood.

hey halfpint. i was having a problem with lighting my 2.5g because i couldn't find the right bulb and i read what you said and it sounds like a good idea. i think i'll be doing this as well. cuz these bulbs are so much cheaper than others. i'm gonna go do a sketch in paint and post in on my thread, but thanks for the idea :D

um...did u c wat u posted? u made it seem as if there was another 2.5g! that u have inspired. i too have a 2.5g thread i just started last week and i have never heard or seen ur tank. i too dont seem to be mean or anythinh but ur tank did not inspire me. it was obsessed Reefer that inspired me :D haha

um no if you read and know english you would see that he said "I wonder if my tank was any inspiration to all these new ones around". that no where near sounds like he implied that he was saying he inspired another persons tank. I WONDER comes off nothing like I DID...english class anyone lol

Archived