SaltCritters.com

My 2.5 Gallon Pico Reef

Obsessed Reefer

Obsessed Reefer

I know me too. I need to find a computer stand!!! Pics in like 2 min

Here's the tank and filter. For the Record, there was stuff in the background.... Not for the site..

100_0268.jpg

Next two are the lid. I know, its not perfectly straight, but it does the trick. Now to get the sharpie off the bottom...

100_0272.jpg

100_0273.jpg

And lastly, the AquaClear 20

100_0274.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obsessed Reefer

Well. I need to get a new computer stand cus I plan on keeping the tank where my computer is now. So once I get one, probably this weekend, I'll start her up.

....not site appropriate.....

Nice start on your 2.5 Obsessed Reefer I've been taging along because I like nano's LOL. Keep a close eye on your tank's temp. because any glass lid can turn the 2.5 into a green house real fast. To keep your tank cooler and keep your fish from jumping out. You can use eggcrate or make a simple frame with some plastic window screen to cover the tank. The plastic on new furnace filters also works very good. Because the holes are small and fish can't jump thru them.

Obsessed Reefer

I know about that. I planned on cutting sections out of the back, but that isnt how my uncles glass cutter works. So he just cut like a 1.5" section off the back. But if it gets to hot, then I will make an eggcrate stand for the lid.

Yea. You can get the glass top from petco.

Yeah he did a good job with it. And it look's like a good 1.5" off the back. I bought a little fan with adapter to cool my light's from Drs F&S. I put it on a timer and set it to come on when my tank light came on. The fan was made to fit in a custom built hood. But I just riged it to sit on the left end of the tank. Guess I'm geting lazy in my old age.

Obsessed Reefer

Ok. Well I just ordered my lights from NanoTuners

Click image for site

Helios™ T-5 lamps have a high power factor and high lumen output. Powered by a micro-electronic ballast that is incorporated into the light fixture. The complete light fixture is made to dispose of once the light bulb is exhausted, eliminating problems associated with the deterioration of electronic ballasts. Helios™ T-5 incorporate the most advanced fluorescent bulb technology available. All light fixtures are approximately the same price as comparable fluorescent lamps. Light fixtures are available in three configurations:

T5-High-Performance2.gif

Finally, an affordable lighting system with non-stop performance that’s also ultra-efficient. While this low-profile 24-hour lighting system is cheaper to run, it produces more than three times the lumens of comparable products. The Satellite includes our revolutionary SunPaq™ dual color lamps together with our Moon White Lunar Light, creating a value that’s out of this world.

* Affordable 24-hour lighting system

* Low profile

* Energy efficient electronic ballast

* 2 lamps in 1

* Dual phosphor technology

* Highest CFM fan among competing brands

* The only single strip to include lunar lights

Professional Design, Novice Price

24-hour ultra-high output lighting system. The Satellite is the first entry level lighting system to include the latest technologies and professional features resulting in outrageous performance at an affordable price.

The Backbone

Advanced electronic ballast architecture. The patented circuitry inside each ballast ensures consistent high performance and low energy consumption while meeting FCC standards with EMI protection and low THD. All components are the highest quality available, meeting ISO 9001 standards, and are potted to reduce thermal stress and increase ballast life expectancy.

SunPaq Enhanced

Revolutionary SunPaq lamps incorporate a proprietary blend of phosphors from Nichia (the world’s leading phosphor manufacturer) for the ultimate in spectral distribution, creating eye-popping aesthetics and life promoting energy. We didn’t stop there - the SunPaq lamps feature the industry’s only 18-Karat gold plated pins for maximum conductivity and corrosion resistance as well as Philips brand filaments. A German parabolic reflector, coupled with our revolutionary dual phosphor SunPaq lamps, produce stunning output - the highest in the industry.

Viewing Around the Clock

Built-in Moon White Lunar Light completes the 24-hour lighting cycle, providing rhythmic moon luminance for increased spawning and reproduction. The Moon White Lunar Light casts a crisp moon glow for optimum nocturnal simulation and nighttime viewing.

Sleek and Cool

Heavy duty 1.7 mm extruded aluminum housing provides optimal heat dissipation and unmatched strength. The sleek, contoured, low profile style is perfect for any application. Keeping things cool inside is a super quiet, high CFM fan - the largest among comparable brands - extending fixture life and increasing performance.

Model

satellite1.jpg

I'm sure you'll love amount of light it put's out. Because sunpac bulbs are very good at producing bright light. But I hate the metal fixture that the bulbs are in. Because it's a PITA to move all the time. And it takes up the whole top of your tank. Here's a couple pic's of my 32watt current usa with led moon light on top of a 2.5 I'm in the process of striping the 2.5 for another project. But you can see what I mean about the light fixture.

Obsessed Reefer

Well I was looking for a nice gold colour paint, and I decided that I'm just gonna buy a blue background. Cus I was gonna go with Gold Background and black sand, But I'm just gonna use sand from my NC.

hey obsessed, just to note on the glass top...my tank runs 82 degrees with the lights on and top off, and then I put the top back on at night. Just a heads up for ya....check out my tank sometime

Archived