Top Shelf Aquatics

PPE ? Could be....

The Propagator

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

My supplier has been diving since the 70's in FLA waters guy.

TRUST ME if they are in or around singer or peanut he will find them and collect them LEGALY.

But they arent. They are further south towards the keys where all the other colorful corals are in FLA waters.

Did you frget he is the one who found them in the 1st place?

All you find near Tampa are urchins, crabs, a few snails, a few gorgs, sponges and star fish.

5 miles off the coast of Singer is in the middle of a DEEP gorge bozo.

NO REEF PRESENT.

Look up singer island on Gogle earth if you dont believe me.

ALL MUD SAND AND SILT from all the inlets on the inside and the ocean side is baren.

No reefs and barely a freaking rock pile for that matter around the ENITRE COAST LINE OF SINGER ISLAND.

the frag master
PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

My supplier has been diving since the 70's in FLA waters guy.

TRUST ME if they are in or around singer or peanut he will find them and collect them LEGALY.

But they arent. They are further south towards the keys where all the other colorful corals are in FLA waters.

Did you frget he is the one who found them in the 1st place?

All you find near Tampa are urchins, crabs, a few snails, a few gorgs, sponges and star fish.

5 miles off the coast of Singer is in the middle of a DEEP gorge bozo.

NO REEF PRESENT.

Look up singer island on Gogle earth if you dont believe me.

ALL MUD SAND AND SILT from all the inlets on the inside and the ocean side is baren.

No reefs and barely a freaking rock pile for that matter around the ENITRE COAST LINE OF SINGER ISLAND.

wanna call me a bozo, i have lived in lfrodia for 18 years, i go diving ever dya. you obviosly have never gone off of signer island. and your diver can find them becuas ei know right where they are. i know these waters very well and ill put up when i dam nwell fell like freaking shwing you. now brassmonkee, im taking u with me next time i go, got to get my wetsuit first cause its freezing out there this time of year.

mahi mahi boy

^^^Too funny. Looking at the satellite map of his spots is even better. :lol: So you told some minor falsehoods about them being under bridges in that area.....where freshwater is emptied into the northern end of the estuary, can I call that an estuary? :lol: If you had them you'd have a pic by now. ;)

PPRPE is like the wild ghost orchid, it's rare.

the frag master
PPRPE is like the wild ghost orchid, it's rare.

i had one. hard buggers to keep. :)

lol hey brassmonkee, i guess they think thius thread is pointless without pics, well ill give em pics when im good and ready to show them how many i got in my system. till then wait it out. and i have found zoos growing in all sorts fof wierd places. do you go with me to these places, no, so stfu.

HecticDialectics
lol hey brassmonkee, i guess they think thius thread is pointless without pics, well ill give em pics when im good and ready to show them how many i got in my system. till then wait it out. and i have found zoos growing in all sorts fof wierd places. do you go with me to these places, no, so stfu.

imo, you just look silly not being able to put up a pic... "I don't wanna!" People could list off all the cool stuff they have all day long but without pics to look at, who really cares?

the frag master

People could list off all the cool stuff they have all day long but without pics to look at, who really cares?

who really cares is correct. im not going to show them just yet, im giving brassmonkee a frag when i can get a chance to meet up with him and give it to him. i am also going to start trading them on my local reef club's forums on there own website. and as for my spot not showing any coral or whatever that guy said,if you were to go there and go down and spend sometime looking youd be amazed at whats there. i have gotten, zoos, shrooms, i have even found rics there too. if it werent illegal to collect florida ricordea i would have thouands of them. now im done with this thread and with this discussion, brassmonkee pm me when u get a chance

the frag master
Actually I think they are saying that they don't believe that you have a tank full of these without seeing pictures.

and i could care less. so get off my hump. ill get around to posting them, im a busy man though.

The Propagator

Its NOT illegal to collect Florida ricordia dip shiat.

You just cant collect the rock they are on , but you CAN chip them off with tiny bits of rock attatced.

You ovbisouly know JACK about coral laws, and location of coral in Florida state waters. The ONLY corals banned are certain gorgonians and all stoney coral. PERIOD.

BTW PPE ALSO CAME FROM FLORIDA WATERS.

I Bet you have a tank full of those to huh?

LMAO !!

I just love it when people have nothing better to do then make up absolutely useless BS.

BrassMonkey030

well anything involving the government or state is hard to understand. its like english, there are always exceptions to the rule. you can do this except for that type crap. from what i researched you can collect any soft coral that isnt on a protected area. with a limit amount each day. how your supposed to know if an area is protected or not is beyond me.

this thread is starting to get a little routy. i think we should all relax take a minute an talk to each other like human beings.

you go to the palm beach gardens pbcc frag master? i used to go there.:)

1. i have a camera

2. i'm willing to accept frags documentation purposes

3. settle down or i'll have my chinchilla close this thread

the frag master
well anything involving the government or state is hard to understand. its like english, there are always exceptions to the rule. you can do this except for that type crap. from what i researched you can collect any soft coral that isnt on a protected area. with a limit amount each day. how your supposed to know if an area is protected or not is beyond me.

this thread is starting to get a little routy. i think we should all relax take a minute an talk to each other like human beings.

you go to the palm beach gardens pbcc frag master? i used to go there.:)

i used togo the pbc pbcdc, im now palyiong semi pro baseball. screw college, why not become a millionair playong for the cardinals system. the best i can sya for propigator, i didnt know about ehr iorde laws, as i dont take too mcuh coral, as for ppe, i have about 200 polyps in my colony that i have never fragged. i love big colonies in my tanks and the rpe's compliment them really well. its not my fault u have never been where i go, and im taking brassminkee with me next time i go to show him. as for continuing this crapola of a thread, prop, shut up nd laveme alone and ill do the same, but if u do anymore verbal trash talkign and calling stuff beforwarned that i am a master of cursing people out in foreign langues and can curse you out in 17 different langueas ranging from portuges to chineese. enjoy your boring and mundane life whil i go to spring training and make a name for myself.

Jon in SW Ohio

LOL, you hijack props thread with your outlandish claims, trash talk, and keep posting illegible nonsense when all it would take is ONE photo and no words....

Call me a skeptic, but I think you and your tank are full of the same thing...but I could EASILY be proven wrong by ONE photo.

the frag master

yo creo que tu nethsitas a cerrar a tu bocka proque yo no meguesta personas como tu. interprit that and maybe ill psot a picture.

the frag master
I think that you need to shut your mouth because I don't like people like you...spellings a bit off but figured I'd do it for him :) I wanna see a pic!!!

i dont liekpeople liekyou either, brassmonkeee you have seen pics of my stuff on the pbmas site. i got a digi. but im jsu tnot ready to unveil my frag tank with all those little frags in it.

the frag master
first and final warning: personal attacks = ban

adin, im not attacking him. im done with this freakin thread, i dont have to prove squat to anyone on here that i have corals that i say i have. your all going to see themup on ebay within the next 2 weeks. as for brassmonkee, please pm me ill let you know when am planning to go out again to collect.

The Propagator

the fragmaster : Whats your user name on Ebay?

Brassmonkey:

Basicly the legal coral, and fish collectors in Florida govern themselves.

Its always been that way. The spots each boat has found are plotted in thier GPS. Thats how they find them again.

Laws are confusing there is no doubt about that.

This brings me back to them governing themselves.

The legal collectors stick to the laws with an iron fist for the most part.

Thats why you dont see guys like Ken N. from sealife inc. putting up ricordia rocks on Ebay or his site.

He also happens to be a research scientist involved in coral reef studies in the Florida Keys, as well as a member of the Coral Advisory Panel for the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, and he has provided expertise in the development of the Fishery Management Plan for the Marine Life Fishery in the State of Florida. He is the current chairman of the Florida Marine Life Association. Ken also is a member of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Advisory Council and represents the marine life fishery and other commercial fishing interests.

These are the type of people I deal with on at least a bi-weekly basis.

I do not, and I refuse to buy from iresposible collectors, and those who dont have the proper credentials.

That's how you can support protecting our reefs and still be able to recieve wild collected coral.

People like Ken have set up coral farms on the ocean floor to grow some of thier stock too.

I had to list all the credentials to give you an idea of what most of them actualy do before making this next statement;

They are not technicly allowed to collect rock chips with the coral they collect.

The officials turn thier heads as long as they are only taking chips and not colonies , or larger pieces of live rock.

They allow this because of the imense work they have all put into protecting the reefs in Florida waters in order to protect thier lively hoods.

It only makes sense if you survive from selling creatures that come off of the reef to protect it.

Its the unliscensed "leasure" collectors that are the problem now in Florida waters.

They treat the reefs like a smorgasborge. As soon as they hit the slope its smash and grab time like kids in a candy store.

They think because they are allowed to take coral with thier fisahing liscenes they are entittled to take as much as they want. They destroy whole colonies trying to take individuals because they are not trained or experience in collecting coral from a natural reefscape.

I have personaly witnessed this.

Thats what put Kiki of ricordeas.net out of business.

Unethical business practices by catering to wild life rapists.

She offered an all you can carry coral collecting exursion a while back to untrained and unexperienced persons who happend to have $2500 bucks lying around. She and her partners smashed and grabbed all the coral they could.

I turned her in to Ken, Tom, and to several other key figures in the marine fishery industry in Florida.

They investigated it, tracked her boats, then turned her in to the USWFS

She had to sell all of her equipment, her boats, and the website.

That wasnt ment to be a rant BM so please dont take it that way :)

I just felt the need to explain my self since this is the aquaculter forum and we are talking about wild collection.

:)

the frag master
the fragmaster : Whats your user name on Ebay?

Brassmonkey:

Basicly the legal coral, and fish collectors in Florida govern themselves.

Its always been that way. The spots each boat has found are plotted in thier GPS. Thats how they find them again.

Laws are confusing there is no doubt about that.

This brings me back to them governing themselves.

The legal collectors stick to the laws with an iron fist for the most part.

Thats why you dont see guys like Ken N. from sealife inc. putting up ricordia rocks on Ebay or his site.

He also happens to be a research scientist involved in coral reef studies in the Florida Keys, as well as a member of the Coral Advisory Panel for the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council, and he has provided expertise in the development of the Fishery Management Plan for the Marine Life Fishery in the State of Florida. He is the current chairman of the Florida Marine Life Association. Ken also is a member of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Advisory Council and represents the marine life fishery and other commercial fishing interests.

These are the type of people I deal with on at least a bi-weekly basis.

I do not, and I refuse to buy from iresposible collectors, and those who dont have the proper credentials.

That's how you can support protecting our reefs and still be able to recieve wild collected coral.

People like Ken have set up coral farms on the ocean floor to grow some of thier stock too.

I had to list all the credentials to give you an idea of what most of them actualy do before making this next statement;

They are not technicly allowed to collect rock chips with the coral they collect.

The officials turn thier heads as long as they are only taking chips and not colonies , or larger pieces of live rock.

They allow this because of the imense work they have all put into protecting the reefs in Florida waters in order to protect thier lively hoods.

It only makes sense if you survive from selling creatures that come off of the reef to protect it.

Its the unliscensed "leasure" collectors that are the problem now in Florida waters.

They treat the reefs like a smorgasborge. As soon as they hit the slope its smash and grab time like kids in a candy store.

They think because they are allowed to take coral with thier fisahing liscenes they are entittled to take as much as they want. They destroy whole colonies trying to take individuals because they are not trained or experience in collecting coral from a natural reefscape.

I have personaly witnessed this.

Thats what put Kiki of ricordeas.net out of business.

Unethical business practices by catering to wild life rapists.

She offered an all you can carry coral collecting exursion a while back to untrained and unexperienced persons who happend to have $2500 bucks lying around. She and her partners smashed and grabbed all the coral they could.

I turned her in to Ken, Tom, and to several other key figures in the marine fishery industry in Florida.

They investigated it, tracked her boats, then turned her in to the USWFS

She had to sell all of her equipment, her boats, and the website.

That wasnt ment to be a rant BM so please dont take it that way :)

I just felt the need to explain my self since this is the aquaculter forum and we are talking about wild collection.

:)

prop, i get what you guys are getting at with the collection of wild corals, however, beeing an aquarist for over 4 years, and having been in the ocean for over 10, i know what im doiung when i go to collect. with zoos i collect, i take a sharp knife and just barely pry them off the rock. then i try my best to count 5 polyps and then cut the colony at that point. if the colony is way to small i leave it alone. this way thenewly established corals can have a chance to grow. if i see a colony thats substantial in size, i will take no mor ethan 3 frags to try to aquaculture it. i dont like pochers of coral or fish, and i always follow florida laws. i have been pulle dover many times and asked what i had (right there at the boat docks) and they have searched and found i was within the law. as for psoting pics, ill post them in due time, let me get through turkey day weekend and thursday of next week (im out of town on monday for business) and then ill post some pics. prop i hope i havent been to mean to anyone here especially you as i value your opinions and take all of your advice into consideration. happy turkey day everyone.

Archived