Coral Vue Hydros

PPE ? Could be....

The Propagator

woo woo!

might have to remind me in 2 years when it's time to frag these as I'm likely to forget! :lol:

This is a Zoanthid, that thing should growout in a month or two and be plenty for those who are on the frag list.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator
This is a Zoanthid, that thing should growout in a month or two and be plenty for those who are on the frag list.

EL' WRONG'O :):slap:

This thing is a Protoppalythoa which grow much slower than zoanthids.

If they grow worth a darn in the next two months I figure the frags should have about 4-5 polyps each from 1 polyp.

Remember though some palythoas grow slower than that...some only produce one polyp per month !

Since these are new to me ( and every one else) I have no idea realy how long its gonna take?

I'll remind you all when they are grown out. No worries.

Now we just have to settle on a price per polyp or a polyp for polyp trade I guess?

Pm me guys ( guys on the list) and we will hash it out.

Thanks !!

TP

The Propagator

Ok. Hey man I wont be able tomake it today to your work :(

I have to work odd hours today from 1pm to 8pm.

My bad Josh. We will hook up soon though.

THanks!

Wow, those are really unique. Definitely better than plain old PPE's. Nice score, man.

Double p? Doesn't sound Latin or Greek, but what do I know?

PS, okay, I have to: how about a couple polyps as a hbd gift? :P Seriously, nice.

EL CHUPACABRA
Ok so the list (IN ORDER) is like so:

1st EL CHUPACABRA

2nd Argent

3rd Travis

4th EZcompany

5th revtree (via PM)

Thats all the request I am gonna take for these guys.

Its gonna take fore ever as is to grow them all out.

:)

I feel like the first time I rode on a roller coaster when I read this. Now I can tell all my friends, see, it pays off not to sleep and stay up all night reading about corals. If they don't get it, I will let them get a whiff of my rare LE fart in a bag and they will finally understand. I hear LE Farts in a bag are like the tree of knowledge of good and evil, if you get a wiff you will know all, obviously this is not up for debate, if you want to debate it, be educated buy the bag take a deep breath, hold, and I guarentee arguing on the internet will be the last thing on your mind; if it is then you know you got a regular fart in a bag and not the limited edition, basically you have been had and are a sucker. Ha Ha suckers... :P I am so excited. The perfect edition to my new tank, well beside water which is coming soon.

EL CHUPACABRA

College does this to me. More so sitting in a high security windowless computer lab writing code. They won't let me bring water in here so it makes me miss my tank all the more. Most of these Computer science kids are socially lacking to say the least, perhaps I am wrong? Maybe the matrix was real and in heaven we will play world of warcraft and dungeons and dragons at the same time with computers that have more neon lights than las vegas and losing your virginity (oops I misplaced mine) will be synmous w/ learning this crappy code, wtf who are these people? I am so glad to have found like minded people with bold senses of humor and mods that allow (thankyou adin). Long live Nano Reef, and farts in a bag!!!!!! And me being at the top of the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D If only i could find a fish that can hold its liquor.

See I already wasted 10min on here and still have until 12pm to finish my homework and upload it.

How much are the frags going for, anyway?

You had to knock me off my stool didn't you. -_-

The Propagator

You mean how much is each polyp going for. :)

Argent and I agreed on $20.00 per polyp so I guess that sets the bar equaly for all.

Trades welcome to mind you fellas !

BTW I am just now seeing the start of new buddings !

I figure it will take about a month and a half to two months.

To grow 3-4 polyps or so from one.

No cash needed up front guys nore would I take it up front until they are ready to ship.

To many things could happen, ya just never know. Tank crash, fire, electrical storm...... what have ya could knock my tank out.

So we'll just tag along until they are 100 percent.

;)

EL CHUPACABRA
Your a sick sick man !!!! LOL!!!

I cant stop laughing !!!!

L:K o

ii iii

See I cant even type LOL!!! :lol:

Try to find/download a copy of MfDoom's cd colab with danger mouse: Danger Doom, The mask and the mouse. And listen to the track, vats of urine. You will love it, those people are sick and they rhyme it to music they made themselves, so cool. Plus the Aqua Teen Hunger Force characters are on the CD colab-in it up. They are sick, I am just a prodect of my enviroment, I blame you and them, I wish I could just argue about oil and terrorism like the rest of you, but I choose to focus on the simpler pleasure in life like warm butter on an a$$ and lolly pops in your mouth.

EDIT:

PS I am finished now resume the thread, sorry...

The Propagator
College does this to me. More so sitting in a high security windowless computer lab writing code. They won't let me bring water in here so it makes me miss my tank all the more. Most of these Computer science kids are socially lacking to say the least, perhaps I am wrong? Maybe the matrix was real and in heaven we will play world of warcraft and dungeons and dragons at the same time with computers that have more neon lights than las vegas and losing your virginity (oops I misplaced mine) will be synmous w/ learning this crappy code, wtf who are these people? I am so glad to have found like minded people with bold senses of humor and mods that allow (thankyou adin). Long live Nano Reef, and farts in a bag!!!!!! And me being at the top of the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D If only i could find a fish that can hold its liquor.

See I already wasted 10min on here and still have until 12pm to finish my homework and upload it.

You had to knock me off my stool didn't you. -_-

I stand by my statement. I just KNEW you were a nerd !

I bet you could name every start trek episode from now as far back as 1977 LOL!

Just kidding Chupa !

I know what its like being couped up some where for days on end with no one but social skills lacking morons too.

Its called the military !! :lol: Uho...did I say that out loud?

;)

http://www.dangerdoom.com/

NEENER NEEENER NEEEEENER !!!!

http://www.dangerdoom.com/news_times.html

Cant find the download for free though. Thos eI have found require extra software ( IE torrents AKA trojans -r- us !!)

Wow, $20 a polyp. I'm sorry, but what a rip. That's about what a Florida wholesaler would charge for the entire plug, if that much. I think the purpose of the "Aquaculture Forum" is to discuss aquaculture, not just sell plugs aquacultured by someone else. yeah, I'm irritated by the price--because it shows you're commercial and not just a hobbyist looking to trade some coral.

EL CHUPACABRA
I stand by my statement. I just KNEW you were a nerd !

I bet you could name every start trek episode from now as far back as 1977 LOL!

Cant find the download for free though. Thos eI have found require extra software ( IE torrents AKA trojans -r- us !!)

I am fronting to be a nerd, nerds get paid alot. College is a hoop jumping contest I just choose a hoop course that ends with a fancier peice of paper.

I bet all these kids around me could name hose episodes and how many times they have watched them naked by themselves in bed.

I will trade a new copy of the CD for some of these. :D Don't illegally download, these guys are worth the cash IMO.

Wow, $20 a polyp. I'm sorry, but what a rip. That's about what a Florida wholesaler would charge for the entire plug, if that much. I think the purpose of the "Aquaculture Forum" is to discuss aquaculture, not just sell plugs aquacultured by someone else. yeah, I'm irritated by the price--because it shows you're commercial and not just a hobbyist looking to trade some coral.

Trades welcome to mind you fellas !

;)

Please point out a commercial vendor that accepts trade. Granted they are expensive, but we have time to save/finagle-a-trade...

The Propagator

Caesar777,

Opinions are like arse holes. Everybody's got one.

And you are entittled to yours.

;)

I got these polyps in frags of 5-9 polyps per piece with maybe 25 polyps total. I would also like to point out that these are WILD COLLECTED AND I AM PROPOGATING THEM MY SELF. They were not from a FLorida aquaculturist grown on plugs ( the live rock should have been a dead give away DERRRR.) The only person who even has this color morph that I know of at the moment is me.

The only person propogating them that I know of at the moment is me.

If that dosent constitute some rarity and value I dont know what would?

I never even brought up selling them on here in the 1st place.

I only brought up the fact that they were neat and I was gonna propogate them. To sell localy and Ebay ( at least thats what I alwats figured was a general understanding. I mean why else would I make so many frags of my coral? DERRRRR)

Do I sell coral part time to pay for my hobby and to be able to buy reef stuff?

YOU BET'CHA' !

Do I sell on here in the forums or the classified/trading section regularly or in mass quantities?

Thats a big old NEGATIVE there girly.

Do I advertise items for sale? Once again El' NEGATEEV'O

( SAVE FOR ONE TIME )

This is the aquaculture forum.

I ( incase you missed the name) Propogate coral.

Where else would I post pics of my PROP TANK ?

Or the FRAGS I HAVE PROPOGATED OR THE CORAL I AM PLANING TO PROPOGATE ?

Like Chupa said, time is on our side and I accept trades too.

Vendors sell to hobbiests, not buy from them or trade with them.

Thier goal is to sell sell selll, then buy more from Fiji and sell sell sell as fast as possible.

(Which btw chuppa if I could every find a freebie sample so I can hear them I may take you up on that.)

If $20.00 perpolyp is too rich for your blood thats fine by me.

(BTW if argent were to chime in I am sure he can tell you the specifics of our PM on the price. I said that True PPE go from $25-$30 per polpy

so I would do these for $20.0 per polyp and asked him if that seemed ok. I did not set a price in stone Mrs. know it all.)

I aint gonna run you down and barter with you Caeser. ( although I am sure I would have if you werent such a wiener)

Like I said before though, I didnt even mention I was gonna sell these.

People saw them, they liked them and you can plainly read the thread to see where it went from there.

Notice how reading is key here?

You get enraged every time some one trys to profit off of thier reef instead of paying for it out the wazoo all the time.

My advice to any one who feals this way is to spend the money and time like I have and set up a system of your own to do just that.

You can help save our natural reef slope by taking less from it over time instead of more from it all the time, and it will pay for its self over time.

Now go pet your Chihuahua, lock up your purse, and have a chill pill.

;)

TP

Prop - Play nice. I know nobody gets rich off this hobby--and I work at a sw store, lol--but it's the principle imo. True, they're a rare morph, and, last I've seen, PPE's are going for like $40 a polyp, at least locally. (That's just nuts.) The morph you found is admittedly nothing short of amazing, but the wholesale-type source is what gets to me. Like be a sponsor or something. At least pay the $15 or whatever it is to have that "I support NR" banner (which I don't, btw--I hate NR ;) ). Again, jmo. Honestly, it shouldn't bother me, as it doesn't affect people, nor undercut them in any way (besides the whole "per polyp" thing making me crazy--you should see the wholesale pricing on this stuff, until the ws'ers catch on, e.g. red/orange Yumas and superman monti). But, then, I remember when my coworker reminds me when I get irritated at chop-shop ReefCentral folks coming by to bank off pieces by just chopping and selling and maybe keeping a frag "cuz it's cool", that...

"Nobody gets rich selling frags."

So who cares? Reefkeeping is an expensive hobby--even getting stuff wholesale--so it seems perfectly feasible and reasonable to sell/trade frags to support it. Kinda like the pothead-who-eventually-turns-QP-buying-two-bit-dealer thing, lol. ;) (Reefing is a drug, man!)

Honestly, your response (and maybe some thinking past initial "whoa") makes me realize the above for sure. No hard feelings. Now gimme a free frag. j/k

Seriously, yeah... Price is reasonable for "market value", and you do indeed propagate corals (trust me, there are many so-called "propagators" that are just chop-shops that don't care about water quality, growing corals, heck, satisfied customers, so the name doesn't mean much unless I see otherwise, hehe). Put 'er there, and nice t' meetcha. :lol:

PS - I took a chill pill, but it just made me nauseated. ;)

Archived