Top Shelf Aquatics

PPE ? Could be....

The Propagator

I have a very nice LE Fart in -A- bag I can part with.

Hardly sniffed !!!

Nice white casttle onion-butt aroma too!!!

You cant find these just any where fella's !

THey were brewed for two days with beer, and white casstles old school style by clenching.

:lol:

I can feel the burn, bro!

White Castles went outta here years ago---You should change your name to The Fermenter!! :lol:

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

But you are my friend!

If I were you I wouldnt open any packages from me that look slightly stained through the cardboard LOL!!!

• 2 weeks later...
The Propagator

Chupa

Travis

Argent

Your polyps are ready at the pick up window. :lol:

Two each good? Slower growth than expected but they seem to be growing a little faster than PPE.

TP

2 works for me -- any more and I'll be broke -- I'm already low of space in my tank thanks to the frag swap I was at Sunday.

PM me details on how to finish this deal.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM me with the final dollar amount with USPS Priority Shipping (2-3 Day) please!!!!

BrassMonkey030

man i want to go out and collect some corals. any good spots to collect?

wouldnt do it for a profit. just for my own tank, maybe hook you guys up with my extras. i have the breakers reaf right next to me, but its 30 feet deep.

i dont think i could make it down that far.

The Propagator

Dont make be pimp smack you brassmonkey030 !!

( ;) )

Dont join the MILLION or so dip ######es that steal coral from Breakers reef illegaly. PLEASE.

Breakers reef is more than just a pile of rocks along a chain of hotels on the shore ine.

It is a functioning reef on all levels with stoney, and soft corals all over it.

HUNDREDS of species of each infact. It is the NOTHERN most reef system on the FLorida coast line. Most of the species you willfind therewont even live in your aquarium unless youhave a chiller

BTW did you know that breakers reef is patrolled by the USFWS as well as the FDEP.

for the sakeof the reef and your own good Iwoul dNOT liketobe the one caught taking coral from that reef.

Chupa

Travis

Argent

YOU PM ME with your adress and how many polyps you want ( no more than 3 sorry :( ) at $15.00 per polyp, and when you would like to recieve ;)

am i still first on the second list of people (as requested earlier in this thread)?!?! I would love to snag a polyp or two....... any recent pictures of them? or some sick macro shots? ;)

BrassMonkey030

i actually checked into it. it didnt seem to be an environmentally protected area. also cant take any stoneys. soft corals are allowed with a daily limit.

you ever been there? how fars the swim from shore to reef? how deep can you swim. i was thinking of taking some rocks to help me get down there.

:)

The Propagator

Been there lots.

Its off of palm, and west palm beach. About 7 miles from Palm beach international airport and it starts right behind The Breakers hotel.

EASY dive fior a novice or a vetran through out the reef system.

Its a free divers paradise too.

(Just MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR LIMITS. and for Gods sakes man dont use rocks to get your self down there it is very easy to over step your bounds and blow out your ear drums or get sucked in to the gulf stream in your near the outer edge if the reef where ist strong.)

Sea turtles every freaking where.

( loggerheads, hawksbills and green turtles )

It's one of very few places in the world where you can find all three species on any given day in good numbers.

The crown is just off shore an is about 40-45 foot below.

It has fingers along the outer most edge of the reef slope ( open sea side) that are roughly 60 to 90 feet deep. ( cant free dive it)

There is a SPECTACULAR shallow inshore facing ledge whee moray eels,turtles, nurse sharks, eagle rays, and every type of fish imaginable school!

I think those depths range ( if I remeber right?) from 10 feet to 35 feet?

There are Spanish Galleons you can dive there,and some of the finest hotels in the world line the shore ( Two more reasons the area is protected and patrolled)

You didnt check very hard to find out it of was protected or not.

It is one of the most dived reef in Florida waters.

They regultate and watch every inch of that puppy via coasrt guard and USFWS boats.

As far as I know its look only no touching the corals on breakers reef.

Contact special agent Zachary Green with the USFWS in Memphis TN.

I know "what memphis!!" ? He is actualy over ALOT of goings on in Florida. He can also quote you (with out even looking) every freakin glaw governing marine life in North America.

Ther guys like rainman or somthing.

Also contact the Florida division of the USFWS.

The Propagator

Well Travis yours are doing great, the others are getting some kinda' brown funk on them ( its not diatomes).

Just about all my PHe have vanished now from it :(

OH the joys of WC specimens !!! :(

I hope they turn around, they arent "that bad" but I am siding with caution guys.

hmmm generally I like funk (George Clinton, Parliment-Funkadelic)

but this doesnt' sound like the good kind :P

keep up informed

The Propagator

Ok Homey.

Dont forget to include your adress. Also please use the notes field so I will remember what the payment is for LOL!

EL CHUPACABRA

Umm I am moving monday, and my new tank is finished with its cycle. Are you still up for trading for these polyps? Check out my 4g thread I just posted lots of pictures of my zoos lmk what you like. I guess I could pay cash but I prefer trades. Hopefully I am still at the top of the list... I will probally need a couple weeks to let the move settle but could send off your polyps.

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh I missed this thread for too long. I have lots of time to wait, but just like many here im a poor college student. I would love to get my hands on a polyp of one of these and perhaps other varieties at some point in the future.

D

I got a few polyps of these from Duane in a trade. They are definitely paly's I have never seen before, I like them a lot. Duane's the man, so if you're thinking about buying a couple polyps, go for it. If you collect zoo's and paly's, these should be part of your collection.

mahi mahi boy

I know you guys are saying that these are the slower growing protopalythoa.

But what does this guy (James (jreimer)) over here @ zoaID mean? He's trying to bring zoanthid taxonomy up-to-date. Is he saying that if they have the green slit, big polyps, white stripes they're gigantus?

http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gall...;g2_itemId=2404

"Zoanthus gigantus - All shots in here are molecularly confirmed as Z. gigantus - enjoy! These are known in the reefkeeping world as "people eaters". Like Z. sansibaricus lots of morphological variation within this group, but white vertical stripes on the outside of the polyp, massive polyps (compared to other Zoanthus spp.), and a fluoro green mouth slit are all nice hints that you're dealing with Z. gigantus."

Genus: Zoanthus, Palythoa, Protopalythoa, Isaurus, Sphenopus, Parazoanthus, Epizoanthus, Acrozoanthus

http://www.reefs.org/library/aquarium_net/0198/0198_1.html

I'm confused. :wacko:

Archived