Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sebea's 62 gallon custom

Sebea

UPDATE!!!

It's hard to believe that the last update was last year! :lol:

As promised, here are pics of the stand, and canopy almost completed. The only thing left to do is some finishing work, and the doors for the stand and canopy. Boy, did it take a while to get this far!

s1.jpg

s4.jpg

The backside. You can see that I will have tons of room for plumbing, shelves, pumps, etc:

normal_s5.jpg

Shot of the canopy:

s6.jpg

And lastly, a shot of my uncle and me:

s2.jpg

:D

Also, there has been a big change in the set-up of this tank. I'm going Bare Bottom!!!! I thought Travis would be happy to hear that. :lol:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally! I can't wait to see this thing!!!!! I've been so patient and haven't said diddly.

PS.

Man you're ugly. You don't even have symmetrical features. :D

At first, I hated the look of BB, but I don't think it looks so bad now. As long as the rock work is nice, it will counter the look of not having sand.

Thanks Kracker. No updates, since I posted pics. of the stand. Just need to go to Home Depot, and get a few things more to finish the stand.

30x30x24 would be an awesome size! I'm def. a fan of cube style tanks.

30x30x24..

24 is the height right??

i was wondering.. if i had 14" length and width, what would you recoomend as the height?

The dimensions are actually 30" long, 24" wide, and 20" tall.

Depends on what type of tank you want, Semi_xAsian. If you like cube style tank, go for 14" tall, but if you want more of a shallow tank, 10-12" tall might be good.

A taller tank isn't necessarily better...

Mostly depends on your style, what you plan on keeping, and what you will light it with. For sps, a shorter tank with a very strong light is better than a taller tank, with a less intense light.

hmm.. interesting

of course im not doing SPS but i dont want the tank to be dim so im sticking to the 15" cube with 15" height

• 3 weeks later...

Aaron, what's up bro? Where are some more pics and an update? BTW, don't know if you saw, but tankblogger has video now too and a slideshow for growth pics in the works! :)

Hey Eric! I'm bored out of my mind because I havn't been able to work on the tank in a while. lol. When I get back from Florida, my Uncle and I can kick into gear, and just get the doors finished. It's been such a slow process, but it will turn out good. :)

Awesome vid! It looks like you got some great growth from your birdsnest, and milli. Can't wait to see the slideshow!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys and gals,

A little update for you. I decided to switch the lighting to a luminarc III. The reflector is going right into the canopy, and I should have much better light spread than with the reef optix. With the reflector, I'm going to get an icecap 250w electric ballast, and hopefully an aquaconnect 14k.

LuminarcIII_1.jpg

LuminarcIII_2.jpg

BTW, the plastic is still on the reflector in the pics. :P

Archived