Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano-Reef.com - Pico Contest! - General Contest Discussion

Gilman

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P:P:P:P:P

Hmm... What should I get on my next trip to the LFS :

I'm thinking a Digital Thermometer and a 2x9 watt PC lighting fixture.

I got 2 lbs, one is really cool looking...haven't seen many hitchhikers yet...a piece of some form of coral (I think) but that's about it...and here I was hoping for a mantis shrimp. Well, the last time I got one it took about a week to show up, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep a lookout.

has it been that long since I sent you that rock, Icenine? lol!

Hey Gill remember "...or WED at LAAAAATEST!!!!!"

J/K... I understand setbacks and delays. I am dealing with one right now. I pulled a muscle in my neck last night... IN MY SLEEP! WTF!?!?! Almost as crazy as Tigah's sleep apnea... apparently dreams can be dangerous. OK, I'm going back to my muscle relaxants and moaning now.

Jared

Yes it has Jared.... long time right? I'm hoping for a short cycle. I've got animals coming this friday that are going to live in my 15g till the pico is stable.

is there anything we can help with to speed up the release of the rules? I'm just wondering, cuz I'm so anxious to get going that I find myself checking this thread hourly just to see if they've been posted yet! Let us know!

I apologize once again for lagging on the rules. I know I'm officially a day late now (self imposed deadline)! The last couple days have been hectic (IRL) due to working at a clients place off location and the fact that I've been fighting with my laptop which is the computer I mainly work on (reformatted twice now in the last week). Oh and to top it all off, last night was opening night for NHL, so instead of spending time on writing rules, I was watching the ducks wallop on the backhawks (and the kings get walloped by the stars).

SO.

Today I have some time after work and before band practice that I plan on using to put more of this in writing. If that doesnt take care of it I will continue when I get back from practice tonight. Thanks in advance for not coming after me with shovels, pickaxes, and torches.

:flower:

Man, I spent all night working on the prototype for my pico entry. twice flooded my carpet...well...w/ 2.5g worth, so it wasn't THAT bad.

but I think it is now ready. How's your designing coming along, trav?

(go nr class of 2004!)

Originally posted by roach0matic

Not my business, but I'm going to interject anyway.  

I used to do the same thing.  It eventually got so bad my wife thought I had narcolepsy and made me go to the doc.  Turns out I had sleep apnea, and my body couldn't rest properly when I was sleeping (in bed) due to lack of O2.  This forces your body to shut down from time to time while seated upright to get rest and airflow.  

GO TO THE DOC! You can die from this -  ala Reggie White the football player.

Go to the doc just in case man.

I know this is off topic, but I had to chime in. I have sleep apnea. You NEED to go to the doctor and schedule a sleep study. I put it off for a long time but trust me, it is the best thing you can do. Since I got mine done I found out my apnea is severe and have had to sleep with a mask over my face that forces air into my lungs. At first I hated it but when I woke up on the third day of wearing this thing I felt better than I have in a long time. My life changed so dramatically that I've become a huge advocate for this. Reggie White died of a combination of sleep apnea and a heart attack. This can kill you!

What a coincidence. I'm scheduled for my preliminary meeting for my sleep study in 2 weeks. Where did you go DragonFish? I think I'm going to St. Lukes in Milwaukee. My wife pretty much sleeps in the other room every night. I wish I could get a good nights sleep. *yawn*

Back on topic. Looking forward to the rules Gil!

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Man, I spent all night working on the prototype for my pico entry.  twice flooded my carpet...well...w/ 2.5g worth, so it wasn't THAT bad.

but I think it is now ready.  How's your designing coming along, trav?

(go nr class of 2004!)

Um, well, Simple, but enough to win if I can get the coral ;)

All of my LFSs where damaged so everything has to be oredered online.

Originally posted by Perpetual98

What a coincidence.  I'm scheduled for my preliminary meeting for my sleep study in 2 weeks.  Where did you go DragonFish?  I think I'm going to St. Lukes in Milwaukee.  My wife pretty much sleeps in the other room every night.  I wish I could get a good nights sleep.  *yawn*

Back on topic.  Looking forward to the rules Gil!

I got mine done in Lake Forest in Illinois. My insurance is illinois only which is a pain in the ass. One piece of advice, make sure you have plenty of time when you get home to take a shower. The goo they use to hold the sensors on your head are a ***** to wash out.

Guys, I seriously don't think I have sleep apnea. What I do have is probably insomnia (3-4 days straight w/ zero sleep)...which leads to exhaustion...which leads to me falling asleep.

hahah. sorry, WAY off topic now.

I think it must be a sign from the higher cosmic beings. I promised myself that I would only enter this contest if I found a job. I would not leech more money off my parents in order to suppliment my reef obsession.

TODAY, I was offered a job at PARTY CITY!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

I am now doing my victory dance. So even though I don't get my paycheck until next friday, I am still entering. I don't think it is that bad if I start a week later than everyone else. Oh so glad I have a job. It is hard being a teen with no job and trying to support a reef aquarium. I have my 12 gallon nano cube and my 2.5 gallon mini-bow. the mini bow will have to be replaced anyway though. there is a massive scratch going right across the middle of it. I am not that broken up though. all that was in there was a few peices of LR rubble and a peppermint shrimp.

Also my digital camera just busted on me, so does that mean I have to buy a new disposable every week for the contest?

neeways... nuther teen here

Archived