Coral Vue Hydros

Ultra-rare PULSING Sinularia!

Caesar777

Wow, where are the mods? ARE there mods here?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically, but not physically.

MODS!--get off your asses! I'm sick of RC with its Gestapo mods, but it's not much worse than this place, really! At least MOVE the damn thread. I tried to copy-and-paste it to move it to another section (because I'm not going to be an ass and delete it, even though that's what SHOULD be done--but a few people had an actual reason to post), but it's "not in my power".

Johnny Reef

Where's the MODS? LOL! You must be kidding...

Well, I bought a sinularia frag... so here's my two cents...

I understand that DOA's happen. As far as I know, I'm pretty sure my frag is still alive... DOA's happen, its all good.

What bothers me is this description that Cesar777 wrote:

This is the rare pulsing species of Sinularia--looks like some kind of fuzzy tree leather, except the polyps individually pulse like Xenia! Very cool, very rare, and pretty easy to care for.

And, for those who have asked, this really is a true pulser! Fascinating stuff, kicks the snot out of Xenia!

I think this description is also what is bothering B16A2NR, and the other member of out little So-cal group order (trust me, the other member is bothered too, he just hasn't written yet).

I don't think B16A2NR ever once wrote in his posts that his frag died. Instead, we're most frustrated by the fact that it doesn't pulsate... No, Cesar777, we don't expect the sinularia to pulsate "24/7" as you had just written. However, some resemblance to your description of a xenia would be nice.

Similar to me, we bought this piece with the impression that this coral would be similar to a xenia, in the sense that it pulsates. In Cesar777's words, she even says it "individually pulse like a xenia," and it "kicks the snot out of xenia."

Guess what?!?! It doesn't act anything like a xenia...

Its not until we finally get our frags, that we are told they seldomly pulsate, and even then, they need to be in a low flow area, etc, etc, etc... again, nothing like a xenia. This should have been mentioned on the description of the first post. If Cesar777 examines the time line, we ordered the sinularia very shortly after the first post, and not after the requirements for seldom pulsation was given. Basically, Cesar777's first post is MISleading and MISrepresents the sinularia.

I waited a good two weeks+ before I would post this so the frag would have time to acclimate...heal...etc. Still no pulsating...

If I had known this, I wouldn't have ordered it. And I think B1612NR feels the same way.

This is how I feel. I felt I was lied to. Don't tell me to do research Cesar777! What you write is your word. And to me, your word is....

Well, again, here's what I told you. Copy-and-pasted the entire PM.

PM QUOTE:

In retrospect, the ad could have been done better. (Add: I dunno, more details? Maybe buy a camera and take pics?) But I posted it in a hurry, and all of it was true. (Add-in: let me break the entire thing down for you, later on, to follow...) It was pretty easy--not extremely easy, but not extremely difficult--to care for in my tank. I didn't realize how sensitive it was to fragging because I hadn't before, and I didn't realize until I checked around on RC how sensitive it was to shipping. But everyone is blaming me. Whatever happened to researching a coral before you buy it? I didn't say it pulses BETTER than Xenia--I said that, in my opinion (implied when you say something that reflects opinion) it's cooler than Xenia, which is ugly and weed-like. I said "it beats the snot out of Xenia"--that's not literal! It's "way cooler" than Xenia. And the polyps do individually pulse--WHEN they pulse. I meant that they don't all pulse at once. By "true pulser", I meant that it's truly the specific species of pulsing Sinularia, (can't remember the species name; Sinularia pulsata or something like that?) not some other coral like a finger leather or something.

And on the other part about pulsing, the polyps individually pulse, which is just like xenia, whose polyps pulse individually, instead of the entire colony at once. That means they each pulse on their own time, vs. all the polyps pulsing in unison. That's literally what I meant.

Okay? A recap. I'll break the entire ad down and explain each and every statement:

This is the rare pulsing species of Sinularia

Yes, the species is pulsing Sinularia.

--looks like some kind of fuzzy tree leather except the polyps individually pulse like Xenia!

Yes, the polyps each pulse on their own time--individually--not all at the same time. Xeniid corals pulse the same way--with each polyp pulsing at its own rate.

Very cool, very rare, and pretty easy to care for.

As I said, for me it was not an extremely easy coral, but also not extremely difficult--it just obviously didn't take well to fragmentation.

And, for those who have asked, this really is a true pulser!

By that I meant that the species is indeed pulsing Sinularia--which I've here nicknamed "pulser" simply to not say "pulsing Sinularia" for the millionth time--not a regular Sinularia or finger leather or Anthelia or anything but true pulsing Sinularia.

Fascinating stuff, kicks the snot out of Xenia!

Yes, this coral fascinates most everyone that sees it. And my opinion is that it's much cooler than Xenia, hence my comment "kicks the snot out of Xenia". (Should I have been "clearer" and said "fascinating stuff, COOLER than Xenia, in MY opinion"? Or "Disclaimer: all non-fact statements within all of my posts are IN MY OPINION only". Does anyone remember high-school English class? It's superfluous and improper to say "in my opinion", because it's implied when you say any non-factual statement. When some NOOB comes here and says "zenia is super-kewl!", of course we all know that his statement reflects his opinion, not scientific fact backed up by Anthony Calfo and Bob Fenner! (or whomever...)

I compared it to Xenia because its polyps move without the aid of water current, just like some Xeniid corals do. Did I say anything about how, where, when? Personally, when I hear about a rare coral, I go and research it. Why haven't I heard of a leather coral that pulses?! That's what I did when I first heard about the coral a year or so ago. And, especially if I want to keep it, I need to know the husbandry. Not all soft corals require the same care, and some are mighty touchy, nay un-keepable. (Carnations, anyone?). Maybe it's not easy to care for (maybe the ad poster just has a knack for soft corals?), or maybe it has specific requirements for some reason or another. Everyone gets on the new kids for just buying a mysterious coral--and, just by chance, it always has to be a Goni or ribbon eel or some other doomed creature--and yet some of the not-so-novices do it themselves.

"But I nevertheless let everyone know that it's a delicate coral, before any payments or anything like that."

Not true Flo (anyone see a pattern with that here?). I know I paid you at least a day (the 24th) before you posted your "off the hook statement" (again along with your reassurnace that you were a pro when it came to shipping).

guys this thread should just stop. you guys are beating the dead horse! just let it be already. everyone has learned their lesson. i think flo has learned that she shoudlnt sell things that she just bought frag it and ship it the same day. everyone else has learned to not buy things from a person that has no knowledge in corals. (reason i said no knowledge is becasue if you knew how sensitive leathers are you wouldnt have fragged and shipped, even at the buyers request) i think point blank flo is not an honest person to deal with. instead of accepting the mistakes she made offering at least a partial refund or a repalcement of some sort she get very defensive and comes up with every excuse in the world.just coem on h ere adn say. to everyoen hey i am sorry i ****ed up. i will try to fix the problem. i wont point the finger at others when i was the person who mislead and wasnt honest.then just say ithis will be my last post here on this thread so the thread will die.

imo i have a hard time believing that flo had this coral in her tank more then a week. she bought with the intentions of fragging it and selling it for profit. its blatanly obvious she has no clue on what she is doing. its so stupid of her to tell others to research the coral before you buy it. you as a seller should research the coral before you frag it and sell it. if you where honest you would have researched it and learned that it leathers are not good shippers when they are just fragged. you should frag them let them heal/attach to a rubble rock or somthing else (this takes 1-2 weeks. like i said before she is out to make money of recently purchased coral.

... it was an eight pound Tomato Red Sclero. On a two pound rock as big as your head. When I got it, i had a five gallon bag of red soup.

Nasty stuff.

The peach ricordia made it though.

Hmm, yet I DID give a partial refund to Icenine. The only reason I'm getting defensive is because everyone is crying fraud. Mistakes were made. I think that's obvious. Sheesh. Let the damn thread die, already.

I don't think it should die until the people who purchased the sinularia are refunded their money minus the cost of shipping. Only then should this thread die. You still haven't made right with a single person here in my mind. I'm far from a rich person, and taking $50 hits isn't easy.

I HAVE made good with Icenine, at least. FULL refunds? Why? I sent what you bought--a 1-2" frag of pulsing Sinularia. The frags you got, B16, and everyone in the SoCal group buy, had time to heal, from when you requested them until they were shipped out. Though I do remember that you wanted them unattached. They were not new frags. As I said, just one or two people requested new frags.

I already refunded some people partially...including ICENINE, who was refunded the day it happened, yet still thinks that I'm trying to screw him somehow, and feels a need to rant more than anyone else here...? (Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have refunded him, anyway.) Yeah, I'm really enjoying that $25 I "kept" from him for the shipping...No, wait, the post office is. Anyway, it takes a lot more than a couple of frags to invest in a digital camera, it takes actual work--job, hours, I'm sure you know the drill--and it adds up over time.

If the money you kept from me is no big deal flo (it was 35 btw) why don't you give that back as well?

The reason I voiced my opinion and left a thread on the seller feedback forum is because if information regarding your selling practices (you have a history of damaged/dead/not as described livestock and equipment, tanks,pumps,frags, etc) was posted and easier to find it would have saved me money. I would hope that other users have more information regarding you than I did before I sent you cash and don't get burned by you like I (and several others) did.

I still don't believe that there was enough bio-matter in the bag of water I received from you to constitute even a 3/4 in frag melting away by the time the box was opened at 12pm on 6/3 (shipped on 6/2). I think you are a disingenuous seller that others should approach with caution if at all.

Wow... Old hag. Nice.

I'm through with this thread AND the peanut gallery.

Archived