ReefCleaners.org

Ultra-rare PULSING Sinularia!

Caesar777

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sheesh drama... well did some searching b4 and found this:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=568601

contacted the other party, and they said that the issue was never resolved but they felt that Caesar777 was a good person not trying to cheat him, but she probably just didnt fully check out/understand the product.

im not going to take sides, but whoever did get a living frag that actually pulses as posted , can you put me in line?

as far as doing research on a person ... its HARD for people with too many posts!!!!!

jmo,

this was bound to happen. just by reading how she responds on rc. its funny how she can provide pics for other things she sells and for this she couldnt. imo, its obvious she buys things frags them to resell. (nothing wrong with that but just be honest) i think she is shady. she brings up b16 on how he sells frag packs on a regular basis i dont see why she even mentioned it. i think she is just trying to justify herself for selling on rc trying to be a seller/business. or, maybe she is trying to compare herself to b16 as a seller. wich, she shouldnt! b16 has a good rep on these boards and doesnt sell his zoos for an extreme price. i believe you are a seller with no skills. i think she fragged this sinulara the same day she shipped didnt even give it a chance to heal. thats why everyone is complaing that they got dead coral.

i try to only buy things local. If it is shipped, it has to be something I am willing to lose. Luckily, i live in so. cal where there are more reefers.

Originally posted by Caesar777

Also...The only buyer on RC who had an issue with me was somebody who bought an acrylic tank from me. It broke in shipping, despite having been packed very well. And even though he filed for the claim, he still thought I should give him a full refund, including the $40 I'd paid for shipping. He said he'd "pay me back" when they paid him from the claim. Hmm...Now that's shady.

Thats not true...you sold me a dosing pump that didnt work even though you told me it did.

Yep, there you have it.

I didn't stumble across the complaints regarding Flo's selling practices on RC until after I had paid. Even then, I hoped she would come through.... but live and learn. I've bought frags and other items from a number of users on this board and so far this was the only disappointment.

Not only is the number of number of members speaking out about poor transactions with Caesar777 high (Johnny Reef, Icenine, Fishfreak, Mleve, Billpa, B16A2NR)

but shes also saying things that don't make sense. Heres what Caesar said at 2:45 PM

06-02-2005 02:45 PM

How are the rest of your levels? Mine's been pulsing fine. I keep the SG pretty high, 1.026. Not sure what else... What kind of lighting? Where in the tank?

and heres what Caesar said at 7:14 PM THE VERY SAME DAY!!!

06-02-2005 07:14 PM

No camera yet, and, to make things worse, THE MOTHER COLONY HAS BEEN GOING DOWNHILL. :( We'll see.... Either way, looks like no more frags for awhile, if ever--may have been too tough for her to go through.

How can a colony be pusling fine as of 2:45, and at 7:14 and than say “mother colony HAS been going downhill”?

Yeah, sounds strang. Maybe she dosn't know how to properly frag? After all, she did frag and ship the same day...

I let people know when I fragged, and when things would be shipped. When anything was fragged the day it would be shipped, it was because people requested that so they'd get their corals sooner. I do know how to frag. BUT the mother colony had always been finicky for me, and it just didn't respond well to all the fragging. I took off a couple more frags that day, B16, and she didn't take it well at all. Those newest frags nor the mother colony made it.

As far as "so many people" that had problems with me. As far as FishFreak, I re-shipped some of her zoos, even though it was HER choice to ship them priority. WHO anywhere guarantees live arrival for zoos? Yet I re-shipped anyway. With the Sinularia, I stated how sensitive it is, and regardless, I can't send out new frags because I have none.

Billpa, you emailed me through Ebay saying that you wanted one of the two working pumps--not the broken one. When I recieved them, I plugged them in. Two worked, one didn't, just like in the ad. So I sent one of the ones that worked when they were plugged in. That's what you asked for, that's what you got. If at some point later on it didn't work, how was I supposed to predict that? Re`gardless, I sent what you asked for. AND I emailed you offering to fix the situation, and you never responded. So I figured to leave it at that.

I wasn't complaining and I am not a SHE. I know you re shipped them at only the cost of shipping so no hard feelings.

I was just noting--and sorry, I forget people's names, and thus genders--because B16 said you were one of the people that had a problem with me. Again, how many people have had a couple of corals come DOA in their lives? Everyone has, at least once or twice, if not many times. I just had a damn micro come to me DEAD in OVERNIGHT shipping. I mean, it HAPPENS.

B16, I'd just appreciate you noting things how they really are, because the lsit of people you have aren't all against me. And feel free, everyone, to look at all the details instead of just what certain people say. Boy, everyone loves to jump on bad-guy threads.

And, hey, FishFreak knows, too, about dead micros. And they're tough cookies. Point is, it happens, especially with sensitive corals like pulsing Sinularia.

BIllpa, again--the dosing pump WORKED. But at some point later on, while you were using it, it stopped working. It worked when I plugged it in. That's what you asked for.

Yea, I bought a rainbow micro and it was almost DOA I think it is dying now though. I laso had a micro DOA but luckily the guy gave me a refund.

flo, i think that the biggest portion of problems here is that you say one thing but sometimes do another. for example, the ice probe chiller trade/sale i had with you. first post you asked 105shipped...i wanted the chiller so i responded. i come back the next day and you changed the price to 120shipped or something like that...so i asked if you'd be willing to do a partial trade for zoos and money. you said sure and i asked how about 80 bucks and enough zoos to cover the shipping and remaining subtotal? you said that sounded good to you. a few hours later you pm me and tell me you want 100dollars and the zoos instead of 80 and the zoos. so i explain to you that i'll be losing more money than i wanted to on this chiller and you replied, somewhat snottily, 'are you backing out of our deal?' i didn't want to ruin my reputation here(and i had enough zoos to be friendly and give you a couple frags) so i kept up my end of the deal. i sent you the zoos and the check(and i effectively spent 160 bucks or so on an extremely USED ice probe chiller...when i could've bought a new one for the same price).

it took you a week and a half or so to actually get the chiller into my hands. i sent the zoos via priority and it took what...two days? you lied, twice, about shipping out the chiller...and that really irked me. you did a great job packing the chiller, but you also failed to mention that the wires from the power inverter had been cut and mended with electrical tape(which i didn't bother making a scene about because the chiller still worked...but i think something that major[can you say fire hazard?!] is something you should've disclosed to the buyer).

i know that at heart you're not a bad person...people get tied up with work, school, personal life, etc. and certain things have to take a back seat. if you took the time to explain to people what was going on, i think everyone would be a bit more accepting of what happened.

i do feel that you covered yourself though...you stated that you cannot guarantee live arrival, therefore, in my book, you're off the hook for some of what happened. don't be fooled though...imagine if it were you that lost out on something you paid for...you'd be ####ed too (i still owe etoh 8 polyps of my blue angels because his thermos leaked and he had barely any water left in the thermos and the zoos ended up dying within the week). if you've told the people that you cannot guarantee the coral, you've done your part...but i feel as though you some people feel gypped because they never saw a picture and the coral they have doesn't pulse. not sure who to blame for that though...i mean it's their fault for not knowing what the coral looks like, but your fault because you stated that it pulses better than xenia does. know what i mean?

for next time though...make sure you don't frag right before you ship...the coral will become laden with bacteria that feeds off the cut flesh and eventually can/will choke the coral to death. all frags of copious slime producing corals should be allowed a week to heal. you need to be extremely careful how you word things(as well as how you don't word things) as well. if you're selling a product, make sure people know everything that is wrong with it...otherwise, that makes you a bad seller in my book.

don't take this as an attack flo, i just feel that you can do things differently and in a more professional manner. i used my personal experience to know that i can't truly people on the web. that's just life though...i've gotten over it and don't harbor any ill will towards you. i think what you need to do after this fiasco is prove to your buyers that you're the real deal. if something dies, try your darndest to replace it. it's not a matter of just money, it's a matter of integrity. if you feel you can't replace their coral with something similar, that's up to you. goodluck.

Yoshiod--I said it was shipped because I was about to leave to ship it out. But I ended being unable to send it out that day. You're right, I should have just said I was on my way, but I didn't want you to think I was being flaky. I'm not a store, and I'm certainly not making a living off of selling off some surplus equipment and frags, and I do have a life outside of occasionally selling things. We all do. Sorry if I'm a little flaky as far as shipping dates. That's mostly been everyone's complaint, and it's obviously something I need to work on.

As far as doas, look, I've replaced plenty of zoos that I said didn't have guarantees, and that the buyers wanted shipped priority. Why? Because I'm nice, and it's no problem to me to reship because I have plenty of some of the zoos to go around. But I specifically posted here that there was no live arrival guarantee Not to "get off tbe hook", but because I specifically stated that they're sensitive corals. Obviously people saw that when some recieved doa's. I even did a partial refund for the buyer who "got taken" for $10 (I refunded $20). What would be the point of taking a few people for $10 apiece, at the price of ruining my reputation here? It's just ridiculous. If I didn't care, I wouldn't post advice here and on RC, and I would just ignore all the questions I get via PM regarding things that have nothing to do with buying my stuff, just asking related questions (like someone was asking about ID'ing zoos, and someone else was asking about ideal conditions for their angry pulsing Sinularia). I'm trying to handle this as best I can, but, to be fair, I told people to begin with how sensitive a coral this is. It had always been picky in my tank--not sickly, just easily irritated/angered.

Anyway... I see none of my happy buyers are here. I'll go look up all the PM's I've recieved from buyers about the great packing, great looking frags, etc. etc.

By the way, on fresh frags--if someone tells me they want the frag cut and shipped today, and I warn them that it should have some time to heal, but they insist so it dies in shipping...That's my fault? Not everyone bought fresh frags, but a couple of people specifically did. I told them to begin with they should have some time to recover, but nah, I want it now. So okay, I'll ship when you want.

By the way, how many people do you know that will always ship the day something is purchased? Most people only ship once or twice a week, except for big-time sellers. I try to ship as soon as possible, but again, I do have other things I need to do.

See, what irks me is that I DO prove myself as the real thing--sure, I'm no store, and in addition, I have some human flaws--but that doesn't get noticed. It's only when something goes wrong--and with a notoriously sensitive coral, no less--that suddenly everything I do is suspicious and wrong.

Can anyone here tell me they'd have done something different if, for example, they shipped someone an acrylic tank--insured, of course, as asked--and it broke? You'd just refund them the full amount money, including shipping, after they agreed with no problem that they should file the claim? Really? And on the pumps, I tried to make amends, but billpa stopped responding, so I tried again, with no response, and decided to leave it at that--it's obviously what he wanted.

hey, in my book, you did what you could. just make sure that the customer NEVER gets fresh cut frags ever again...it's just too much trouble for you and them. :D problem solved! ;)

OK...mentioning that you can't promise live arrival a couple of days after you start taking orders is a "get off the hook statement". But you professed your skill at shipping and you were taken at your word.

and fyi... when half a dozen people chime in with complaints regarding your selling practices I don't think you have much of a reputation as a seller to worry about any longer.

...and I for one did not ask you to hurry on the fragging and shipping, quite the opposite in fact, and you took a few days beyond that even. Not that waiting was any issue, bag 'o water, that was an issue.

Archived