Coral Vue Hydros

Ultra-rare PULSING Sinularia!

Caesar777

Have you tried feeding it? As I said, they don't pulse constantly. Food can often stimulate the pulsing.

Check out this thread on RC. It's old, but it has a lot of the same questions. Note, the video clip thing doesn't work, unfortunately.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...lsing+sinularia

I wish I could have gotten ahold of someone's camcorder before the mother colony went south. The pulsing was really nice.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scottfarcuz

I have this coral and it does pulse to some extent but not like xenia does.

I tried to post a link to a video of it pulsing I found online in caesars selling thread on the other forum ,but caesar felt the need to report me as being a commercial business so I guess I wont try to help anymore...

Mines under 149w of PC in a 20 long. Sg 1.025 temperature calibrated. 0 nitrate, nitrite, ammonia. Tanks very well established and every coral in it is looking very healthy. The color is nothing nice looking at all. Mines kinda dookie brown/gray. Not the color of a dying leather, but it sure isn't pulsing.

I would still like to say that I am really disapointed with this purchase. Also I think its important to be made public that Johnny-Reefs Acan lord frag came as 1 1/2 of a polyp when he paid for a full two. Johnny PM'ed Caesar about only recieving 1 and two edges of polyps, and Caesar said there would be no refund in money because the two edges equaled a 2nd polyp. This is wrong business practice IMO.

scottfarcuz

I should have also stated my coral didn't come from Caesar ,and I'm not selling and frags of it ATM.

B16A2NR,

I would try putting it in a very low flow area then watch it for a few minutes you should see indivual polyps retract and then open back up. Mine also closes and opens pretty fast if there is movement close to it. I have no fish in my reef but I have heard it will react to fish swimming near it. If I touch mine it draws the polyps in quickly and then extends them again in about 10 seconds or so.

I smell a ripoff artist.. Not a single pic of the specimen before the transaction? Come on. Either get a sponsorship or stop using this forum to peddle your stuff. Every other post I saw a few weeks ago was about some "rare" coral your selling.

Johnny PM'ed Caesar about only recieving 1 and two edges of polyps, and Caesar said there would be no refund in money because the two edges equaled a 2nd polyp.

He never mentioned that, actually. I fragged it the day I shipped it--as per his request--and it looked to me like two full polyps plus a fraction. It's honestly hard to tell. He never mentioned anything about polyp size/number...All he said was that it looked damaged, which can happen with a freshly-fragged piece in shipping. If he'd mentioned that it wasn't the full two polyps, I'd have done something about it.

As far as the Sinularia, I don't know what to tell you. It was pulsing in my tank, but I didn't even have access to a camera. Once I did, the mother colony had gone south. I can take a photo of the dead, frozen mother colony if you want.

la_reefer - All I was doing was selling a few zoo frags--not reselling full colonies--which many people do. B16A2NR was selling frag packs regularly far before Fragbay. That, and clearing up some space in my tank by selling off a couple of frogspawn that were taking over my reef, and a Lobophyllia that I don't have room for anymore. Isn't that what the classifieds section is for? I haven't had any problems with the corals I was selling before. In fact, for the few doa's I had, I even replaced some of the zoos--even those that were shipped priority because people didn't want to pay extra for overnight. I'm an honest person.

Obviously I've learned from this....

Originally posted by la_reefer

I smell a ripoff artist.. Not a single pic of the specimen before the transaction?  Come on. Either get a sponsorship or stop using this forum to peddle your stuff. Every other post I saw a few weeks ago was about some "rare" coral your selling.

ok first off I don't know Caesar777 nor have I ever delt with him/her...but WTF, IMO if anyone that bought these corals without seeing some pics of atleast the mother colony and did'nt get what they are happy with then it is their own damn fault...anyway don't put all the blame on the seller...and yea so what if Caesar777 has been selling stuff alot lately big freakin deal ! why don't you let the mods do there job and figure out if there is a prob with it.

I myself could and would not ever buy anything without a photo and some more background on the seller. This is not just this situation but any. I have bought and sold RC stuff for years on other forums. All worked out except one bad deal!

I fell for this one too. But hey, at least you got a frag Todd. What I got from her was a bag of water, no frag. Her explenation was that it must have melted during the overnight shipping. But if there ever was a frag in that bag it dissolved itself pretty completly, that water was pretty clear and did not smell like anything died it in. To her partial credit she gave me a partial refund, but this still was a waste of time and money. Now, why would someone send a bag of water instead of admiting a problem and giving a refund I will never understand. But people do crazy things. I should have known better, buyers have had issues with this seller on RC but I was really interested in the frag she said she had.

icenine - I told you I sent a frag. They ARE small--and inch open is a half-inch closed--and you said the water wasn't quite clear. I don't know what to tell you, but I really don't think I'm stupid enough to forget to put a frag in a bag, or foolish enough to mail you an empty box. What do I need to do, take photos of every step in the process to prove that I'm not a crook? Apparently so. The first thing I need to invest in is a good camera.

6V6, what's with the link? Snoop Dogg...?

Also...The only buyer on RC who had an issue with me was somebody who bought an acrylic tank from me. It broke in shipping, despite having been packed very well. And even though he filed for the claim, he still thought I should give him a full refund, including the $40 I'd paid for shipping. He said he'd "pay me back" when they paid him from the claim. Hmm...Now that's shady.

Look, as far as my reputation, I've sold plenty of zoo frags, as well as some equipment, and EVERYONE who bought from me was extremely pleased. Like I said, I even replaced most of the few DOA's there were. (Can't do that in this case, without a mother colony left.) But most people, by nature, don't feel a need to post when things go right, only when they go wrong. Nothing wrong with that, but then there are the people that love to blame the seller for things that happen often, like corals dying in shipping.

And nobody had a problem with my zoos, which didn't have photos either (until recently), by the way.

I recieved A acan lord and A sinularia in the same package from Caesar777...the acan is doing fine but the sinularia was...well in pieces...I think some things are too...fragile to frag...she said she moved the sinularia to the frag/prop tank before fraging it in one of the post and it was ####ed when that happend...and the fragging probly did'nt help...so the combination of that and shipping...prbly did the frags in..and mother colony..so I just think they are really sensitive and we were warned...

The same bag??--Of course not! :o I bag everything separately!

Archived