Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ultra-rare PULSING Sinularia!

Caesar777

Hey holy sh!t. I think I have one of these. I have had this tree leather thing growing in my tank for almost a year now. I bought it on a small piece of LR from LFS and had no idea what the hell it was . I tried searching for an ID every where and although I came across things that vaguely looked similar like christmas tree coral and branching finger leathers but never really had that fuzzy type appearence as the coral I have. Then one day I turned off all my equipment to do some spot feeding with cyclopeez and I noticed that the damn thing was pulsing. You really cant notice it easily when there is flow. This quickly became my most prized coral but really had no idea what the hell it was. I think I payed 10 bucks for it as a little sprout and it has flourished over time into my largest coral. well off to research for now I think I have a name.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mistake, forgot to mention it in the ad. (Thought I had.) But I nevertheless let everyone know that it's a delicate coral, before any payments or anything like that. I'm pretty sure I mentioned the DOA thing in the RC thread...Maybe not.

I think you are missing the point.

We ALL have jobs/lives/struggles/successes. When you sell something on a public forum such as this, people take your word to heart and expect you to follow through.

What if their payments were as delayed as your shipments? Sorry Caesar i got a job, ive been busy, ive got XXX million of the other excuses you have.

I think you have other issues beyond corals, but when you sell to others on this forum, your word has been all you can provide to anyone. Not a single pic of any of your specimens, just excuses that sound so lame, they must have been scripted by the writers of "meet the parents".

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first learn how to decieve.

Anyways.

Ive said my peace. Im so glad i didnt order all the items i wanted to from Caesar and Im sorry to anyone who bought something from her.

Yeah...Nevermind all the people who were happy with the stuff they got. Say your piece like it's fact--but it isn't.

I HAVE shown photos of my specimens, by the way. The problem is that I have to borrow a camera to be able to take photos, and since it's not mine, the time frame is according to the owners of the cameras, not me. By the time I had access to a camera in the time frame that I'd decided to sell the pulser, it didn't recover from the fragging. Anyway... I showed photos of the other things I sold.

Yeah, funny how everyone has something to say except the people I actually need here.

Dang, dont get all touchy about it. Its jus funny watchin people get so worked up about getting ripped off. I say a loss is a loss, u kno who not to buy from nex time.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...20&pagenumber=2

shady,

why would those people back u up??? i have seen some of the people that backed u up in reefcentral got burned on nano-reefs. if i was you i would just appoligize and move on. your not helping your situation here. you are just going to #### people off and they are going to post there bad experiance with you on reef central also, most vendors do say gaurenteed live delivary on zoos here are a few if you want to know. fragfarmer.com, aquadesignz.com, killercorals.com, etc. etc. you have an excuse for everything imo if i was you i would just chill for a minute on the selling thing, appoligize and call it day. quit responding. get a new isp and set up a new user name lol. anyhow i think alot of people learned from this experiance so not all is lost. flo we all love you girl! keep your head up!

All of those are stores, hon, not hobbyists. And even many stores have a list of corals that are "exceptions" to the rule. And yet even THEN, I've replaced some DOAs. Everyone has some DOA's in their day. Everyone knows that pulsing Sinularia is sensitive, and I told you all myself. Everyone here knows that it's a risk to ship. You all know I'm not out to get any of you. It's hard not to get worked up, but it's not any of you on the line, so it's easy for you to laugh about it! Should I not respond? People would think that is shady. So obviously there's no option that I can viably do. OH WELL.

Anyway...I HAVE apologized to the few people who have had problems. You'll find that most people didn't even wait for further response before posting here. Again...oh well.

jaypainter24

digital cameras are cheap nowadays for all the money you make from all the items and coral you sell here, reefcentral,& ebay ect. why not go and buy a $50-$100 camera and show people whats up with your set-ups and corals

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Caesar777

Billpa, you emailed me through Ebay saying that you wanted one of the two working pumps--not the broken one. When I recieved them, I plugged them in. Two worked, one didn't, just like in the ad. So I sent one of the ones that worked when they were plugged in. That's what you asked for, that's what you got. If at some point later on it didn't work, how was I supposed to predict that? Re`gardless, I sent what you asked for. AND I emailed you offering to fix the situation, and you never responded. So I figured to leave it at that.

I emailed asking you this:

Hi

I missed trying to outbid you on those Flexiflo pumps. I dont know

what you are planning on using them for or if you are planning on

using all of them but I am interested in one functional working one and

I am willing to pay the amount that you won all three for.

Thanks

Bill

Should I post a poll asking the nano-reef.com members what they think FUNCTIONAL and WORKING means?

Flo,

You were rude to me from the start when I realized you were selling the other two pumps on RC...advertising one as working and functional as well. And saying that you would include 3 dripsets for the pump (which were the wrong kind!)

Here is your exact post on RC:

I have two of these pumps, no longer need them. One is functional, powers up and everything. The other one has problems: beeps when plugged in but then turns off. Not sure what's wrong with it.

One is functional...powers up and EVERYTHING. Whats everything mean Flo? That it doesn't work? That you don't know if it works?

When I dropped a friendly line to say those were the wrong dripsets you emailed me saying:

Why did you include that comment on my post? How rude. It's tubing; why wouldn't it work on different brands of pumps?

-Flo

I apologized several times while still trying to explain and you were extremely rude...saying I didnt know what I was talking about...how dare I...etc. etc.

At this point I was very uneasy about the whole situation. It wasnt until I got the pump and tested it out (as I have identical one with a dripset...so I could test it to see if it was FUNCTIONAL and WORKING) that I found out that is was neither WORKING nor FUNCTIONAL.

You never attempted NOR offered to fix the situation! Not even AFTER I gave you negative feedback on RC. All you did was email or PM me to tell me "how dare I ruin her reputation...etc. etc."

It seems like most of your deals are good...they go without a hitch. But when something goes wrong, you point the finger at everyone.

Just remember you have three pointing back at yourself.

-billpa

Look, this is not the place to discuss this issue. Anyway, I DID email you about fixing the situation, but naturally you aren't posting that one.

And guess what? The guy that bought the other two pumps even PM'd me to thank me. He bought several things off me, actually, and was pleased with everything.

"Powers up and everything", sorry--should have said "powers up n' stuff". Same thing.

Kind of funny that some people who haven't even dealt with Caesar777 try to chime in. As far as I care, if you haven't had a experience with her, don't chime in.

As for me, well she is a good person. We've dealt, and everything has gone fine. As a matter of fact, I still am supposed to ship out her coral, been over a week now, and yet she has yet to grip or get upset over it.

As much as I can help Flo I will. I can't tolerate everyone trying to team up on her and not speak my mind. Bash me if you'd like, but I could care less. Just backing up a fellow reefer and friend.

I didn't rip anyone off. And FishTails really has a point about the chiming-in issue. Nobody even knows the real story--turns out, one of the buyers of the pulsing Sinularia emailed me saying that, yes, DOA's happen, but what bothered them was that they didn't know that pulsing Sinularia doesn't pulse 24/7, and that I should have said that in the ad. How about researching a coral? The three of the So-Cal group buy are irritated because they thought the coral would pulse constantly, and are blaming me for not specifically mentioning that, instead of themselves for not doing their homework. I can't post every known detail about a coral in every ad, and, honestly, nobody wants to see an ad clogged up with details we already may or may not know, but that could easily be looked up.

pico, when did I ever deal with you? The only thing I remember is saying "nice tank" on the pico you were selling for a hundred bucks.

Not me; Pico did (or tried to?).

Archived