ReefCleaners.org

Reefer Addict's 30g 'Crack' Tank

Reefer Addict

Reefer Addict

Davina-It is not normal. You should be seeing your "Pink Yuma" not zoas!! :P

BelowH2O-I can not for the life of me get a good pic of my new stuff (pretty trendy if I do say so myself) and blasto's. Don't know if it is because of my 14k Aqua Connect MH bulb!!! Pic's are either too blue, true color not represented, etc..URGH!!! It's been hit or miss as it relates to my pic's.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict

Here is an example of what I mean as it relates to hit or miss pic wise.

This blasto is BLOOD red with DARK RICH GREEN highlights. I call it my "Christmas Blasto". You sure could not tell looking at this pic!

Reefer Addict

You may have seen my Green and Black Lord colony in the Acan thread. I believe that this pic was taken a little bit more than a week or so ago.

post-10749-1146841494_thumb.jpg

Reefer Addict

Pic of my Acro Frag Farm.

Stoked that my 'trendy' corals are encrusting nicely (GARF Purple Bonzai-Tyree LE Purple Monster). :P

Newest edition is my 'ultra trendy' green mille. Center/Top. :D

Reefer Addict

The 'bonsai' is on the right from the 'monster'. They don't seem to grow that fast as it relates to length (at least I can not tell). They both seem to be encrusting faster than I thought they would. It is easier to see the encrusting growth rather than the length. Look at the red mille (farthest left). Same thing. Not much growth tall-wise, but very noticable encrusting growth along the base..

Reefer Addict

"Alas poor Yoric" or should I say, "Alas poor Yuma". I am down to one piece of the pie. :( For awhile it looked as if three were going to make it. As I look at my tank now, it looks as if the last frag will soon meet its maker... I am so bummed!

Originally posted by Reefer Addict

"Alas poor Yoric" or should I say, "Alas poor Yuma".  I am down to one piece of the pie. :(  For awhile it looked as if three were going to make it.  As I look at my tank now, it looks as if the last frag will soon meet its maker...  I am so bummed!

it'll be sad to see it go (hopefully it'll survive)... but yumas are always a "risk" and i've found them to be mostly "hit or miss" type corals. it's ok, if you can get 1 pink yuma, you can get another. btw, i have a green millepora, what's so trendy about those? they're common!
Reefer Addict

I blame it on too much studying!!! :P

Looks as if you are experiencing brain overload. Either you are going through or just recently finished finals....

you have a nub of the pm, I like it. It looks sorta like a lokani but might be a loripes/granulosa. I hear pm might also be rosasomething or other. Very expensive taste in corals. :)

Reefer Addict

Actually not too expensive. It cost me WAY MORE to stock my old 120g reef tank. :D What's funny is that most of the corals in my 120g were brownish/beige in coloration. :P

Those who risk nothing have nothing...

I just finished reading about your pink yuma, and when I read this I saw, "Those who risk have nothing..." :D

Did you really go diving today? Off Southern California? What's the diving like there? When I was living in Davis, I tried a dive off Monterey - once. It not only the crappiest dive I've ever been on, it was one of the crappiest experiences I've ever had. And I always thought that as long as I was breathing underwater I'd be happy...

Reefer Addict

One of the good things about diving in Monterey is it keeps you sharp as it relates to your diving skills since it can be such a crappy dive (bad visability, cold, kelp forest, etc.). One time a air hose (not the one that you breath with thank goodness) that pumped air into my BC srpung a leak. I had to manually inflate my BC while at the same time make my way out of a kelp forest. Another time I got hyperthermia when my wet suit lost it's seal.

Man diving is fun. :P

Getting back to my "diving adventure" today. I was able to pick up a "true blue" or should a say a 'true purple' rock that has 10 Purple People Eater polyps. I will post pictures after they open up a bit.....

Reefer Addict

Still waiting for the PPE's to open up.

Decided to post a top down pic of my Green/Purple lord colony. It may seem like it but this one does not even come close to the glow of my "Radioactive" lord...

Reefer Addict

One more thing. Here is the answer before someone asks the question.

"The Back of Tigahboy's tank" :P

(Does his best Alex Trabeck voice) I'm sorry the correct answer was, "where did those acans come from?" Remember to phrase your next answer in the form of a question.

Sorry had to find some humor....I need to go to bed. I have a test at 7:00 tommorow, and studying for it has made me dillusional. Wish me luck on Physics...and I wanna see some PPE's.

Archived