Cultivated Reef

Reefer Addict's 30g 'Crack' Tank

Reefer Addict

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefer Addict
Originally posted by Tigahboy

Rainbow acan.  not any rainbow acan.  my rainbow acan.  good day.

I think I saw a leak starting regarding one of your ball valves. Better go to Home Depot and take care of it now rather than later. No need to lock the door to your apt. :P

That is a beautiful tank you have. Great Job.

B)

Bob

p.s. Did the Purple Monster come from either ReefFarmers, or FragFarmers? I getting toward the top of the list at FragFarmer. I can't wait.

Reefer Addict

Thanks Bob. I can't wait to get my prop tank up and running. I'll then be able to pick up some new pieces and start rotating the stock..

Reefer Addict

I don't think I ever posted a pic of this blasto. This is the first blasto that was added to the 'crack' tank.

Reefer Addict

I realized why I never posted a pic of this piece. I must have taken 40 shots trying to get a true representation of the color... I have yet to take a good pic of my other blasto pieces... Talk about driving me nuts!!!

Reefer Addict

Yep. What's cool about it is the red HAS the color of fresh blood.....BWAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAA

• 1 month later...
Reefer Addict

It went in a trade with one other piece for a dendro..Should have kept it. Easy to get a dendro now. I haven't seen a blackfoot since...

• 2 weeks later...
Reefer Addict

I decided to install an Osmolator in my "Crack" tank after seeing how well it works in my frag tank. I am soooo tired of manually topping off this tank. Just placed an order with Marine Depot. Will post pics once installed...

ha ha. you caught the bug.

I have alot less worries now since adding the top-off, and I can dose a diluted kalk/magnesium solution to keep my levels a bit more stable. The sps have responded incredibly well.

how often does your osmolator turn on during the day?

Reefer Addict

I have totally caught the bug!!!! You got to give German engineering some credit. The osmolator actually comes on quite a bit due to the high evaporation rate occuring in the frag tank. The good thing about it is you can't even tell when it is on due to the pump being so quiet. I even rigged it up to turn off any time i turn off the Dolphin return pump (for when i need to do a water change) so as not to set the alarm off. Hmmm, haven't thought about using it as a doser.... My plan was to install a GroTech solution as it relates to dosing the frag tank...

I should recieve the osmolator from Marine Depot on Tuesday. Can't wait to set it up in the 'Crack' tank.... My days of manual top offs will soon be over.

Reefer Addict

A friend visited from Oregon yesterday and left me a present. A True Blue "Oregon Tort"

Damn you Reefer...now I have to check out one of these Osmolator thinga ma bobs which will most certainly result in me wanting one.

Tank is really looking great buddy, keep up the good work. I am enjoying seeing both come togehter.

Reefer Addict

Whitten-You got to get an Osmolator 'thing ma bob'. :P They work great. I know The Speez and BelowH2O have and like them (Although I don't want to speak for them in case they have had a malfunction...). I installed one on my cube last week. I am still amazed on how much evaporation is occuring.

Reefer Addict

Went out looking to buy a CO2 tank for my calcium reator today but came home with 3 ultra pink yumas..:P This piece is actually pretty cool. The big one (top middle) is about 2 inches the medium one (left bottom) less than an inch and the small one (bottom right)about a quarter of an inch... All approximations. It kind of gives you the growth stages of an ultra pink yuma all on one rock...

Picture sucks. The yumas are pinker in person...

Reefer Addict

Free...Stole it from the back of Tigahboys tank....:P That's where I get all my good chit!!!:

Reefer Addict

Not sure if I want to trade it. It was pretty risky sneaking into Tigah's apt. ;) But as my sig states, "Those who risk nothing...have nothing.."

Hahaha. Well let me know if you manage to get 1 of those off the rock and would be interested in selling it or taking a bunch of zoas and a pavonia frag as a trade. ;) I have too many of these funky zoas sitting in my sand right now. ;) I can't afford the Tigahboy prices on his insane yumas right now. :P

Archived