SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's Reef 2005 (Part II)

Tigahboy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone!

Speez- thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

rmulet- I'm glad I can be of help. I try to post detailed descriptions (even tho some may find them obvious) for that very purpose...and I appreciate your kind words! =)

Thunil - it just rushes in - but I have it so a lot of the water goes straight into my overflow and thus ends up in the sump.

Kogut - take turkey baster and suck off the film...and then wait n see how it does. sorry to hear if it is a goner.

BK- 150w DE over 20l should be fine for what you want to keep. Just keep those guys high on your rockwork.

supernip - bring it on. =)

Can you say "colony"? Just got this bad boy - 20+ head acanthastrea lordhowensis. I'm in acan heaven.

acancolony.jpg

It's acclimating as we speak...

Nice looking Acan, Dennis. I think you've inspired me to move more in the direction of LPS with all these beauiful guys you have.

BTW.... where do you get such good-looking livestock? All my LFSs seem to carry the common stuff..

Haha. I have my sources. Most stuff I get are from trades or purchases from some contacts I made w/ fellow reefers.

price? - sorry, my secret. =) Enough to set me back for awhile; but I plan to sell some of my smaller frags of lord to make up for part of the cost.

i think you should go higher with that guesstimate nanoreefin(about a grand higher, is what i would guess). lol.

tigah, is that a wild colony? if so make sure you iodine dip it at least once and be prepared for that thing to NOT grow as quickly as tank raised/ltc(long term captive) frags do. awesome find though. congrats!

Yoshiod9 - it is tank raised. very healthy guy. It was fragged a few months ago and not touched since. I saw it in the guy's tank awhile back.

Dude... I hate you again... ;) Hahaha, j/k bro! The coral, after close examination today is toast. Not a polyp on him... :| I have no idea what went wrong w/ it... Everything else is growing new branches and this thing dies... Oh well. Chalk that one up to ghosts I guess. ;) My guess is around $1K for your colony, although you won't tell us.

Haha...you guys are funny. yoshiod9 and kogut are in the ball park...

Nano_reefin...you're playing a completely different sport, man. haha.

but I'm not gonna say anything else! =)

There was a 7" x 5" acan lord clony with 80 heads here in San Diego that was sold for $1,500. And another 3" x 2" with 40 heads that sold for $500.

Nano_reefin - I'm aware that SD tends to sell things at much lower than the rest of Cali. But unfortunately for us folks not in SD, the market rate is a lot higher.

I even hear SD sells acan echinata, full colonies, for $50. I don't know what kinda hook ups you guys in SD have, but I havent come across acan for SD prices.

Where'd you get that idea? San Diego is a rip off with almost everything we sell! :D If you want, I could keep an eye out for you when we receive acans so you could get first shot at them. :)

haha..i get that idea from the prices you guys have on Acan...i am aware of VMA, ya know. =)

For sure, if you see anything good...lmk. I'm always in the market for acan lord. =)

I'll give u a finder's fee in acan heads. =)

So I guess you're eating w/ your girlfriend for a few months. ;) My girlfriend was telling me about how she can see me being exactly like you when I'm in college. Hahaha. I know she's right, too. I'll be a Cal-Tech engineering student who lives off of selling frags to people. ;) However much it cost, it's worth it. If it makes you happy and looks cool, why not? Ya know? :)

Archived