Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's Reef 2005 (Part II)

Tigahboy

Wow you guys are nuts. I'm sure there are people out there who buy corals that are "trendy" because they are trendy. But I'm pretty sure that Tigah buys the corals because he likes them. The majority of the time, those "trendy" corals are trendy for a reason, because they are extremely nice. Some people see them and fall in love, and have to have them even when the price is high, other people feel differently and wait till frags get spread around and the price goes down. Right now I'd still be willing to pay over $100 for a blue tort frag that's not but an inch or 2 high if I had to, because the coral is just that nice.

As long as the person who bought the coral is satisfied, and has no regrets, then what difference does it make if he paid more than some people believe he should have?

Oh yeah, and if our retailers here in the U.S. are receiving these acan's dirt cheap, then it will only be a matter of time before the suppliers will realize how much they're worth and raise the price accordingly.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the prices might be outrages at times but there was no need to place that link here IMO. This is Tigahboys thread and now it has been hijacked.

I don't think that a discussion about coral prices and coral trends is inappropriate, nor do I think that this is a completely inappropriate place to have it, as tigah does have all of them and is clearly a trendsetter to people on this board (myself included). I therefore don't feel compelled to delete my post.

That said, I agree with Cesar that the thread has been hijacked, so I backed up to what was last going on - to the green sun coral, which I've never seen before. It's an amazing green, though I'd love to see a better picture. Is it also non-photosynthetic? Where does the green color come from?

Originally posted by rbaby

Everybody get on their post regarding that link and delete it pls.

I will be sure not to do that but thanks. it was worth being on this thread as it pertains to expensive rare corals and tigah is the trend setting rare coral guy here. look at your thread yourself you saw his rics fell in love with them and are willing to shell out the money no matter the price to get them as you stated earlier. he set the trend in you as many newer members that are starting reeftanks look up to his reefing ideas. Its not a bad thing but annoying when nobody can even post a related link.

Tigah love the sun coral never knew they came in that color just goes to show if there is a color you will find it. and if you ever feel overwhelmed send a few groupies my way, my pee pee needs a good cuddling.

I was going to post this long response to some of the comments recently posted. But that only adds fuel to the flame (no pun intended). And I know that even tho we "move on" from here, the huge digression started by D2Rhino's link remains in this thread and this will certainly lead to similar discussions resurfacing again and again later.

So for everybody's sake, this thread is "closed." meaning I will no longer post in here.

Any future posts about my tank will be in a NEW thread. Please do not post anymore in here cuz I won't respond and I think this debate is better for a separate thread and not in a member's personal thread; especially when it is perfectly reasonable for a person to infer that the placement of the article was a subtle act of criticism towards me. I really don't care at this point whether that was or wasn't the intention. so let's close this discussion and let the thread die.

and no need to delete your entries if you don't want to.

thanks.

Archived