Pod Your Reef

Official Clownfish Owner's Thread

Travis

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brine shrimp are 1) a waste of meny, and 2) they have no real nutritional value. Sure they like it, but it's like I like candy. It's just no healthy for me as brine isn't helpful to fish.

Mysis Shrimp on the other hand is full of vitomans and the fish go crazy for it.

Mysis is clearly the better choice ;)

In everything, they only have Carbs.

There is a thread on RC I belive about Brine. I don't remember the name so do a search for it.

Even the "Enriched Brine" don't have as much vitomans as Mysis Shrimp do.

CUTE!!! are the tank breed or wild caught?

I am getting a pair today and they are tank breed.

Also, how long did it take for them to get all that black?

I think the percs are indeed tank bred. I've had them for a short period of time, therefore, they haven't changed much from how they looked when I bought them. They are still quite young and not fully grown.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what kind of clowns can be kept in a colony long term? I know most will eventually fight and pair up. just curious if there are exceptions to the rule.

I have read that Sattle Backs will colinize long term. My fried had a pair of them, and after months added a Clarkii. Wasn't to long before the took him in and the Clarkii got agressive and killed the mated pair...

my pair i bought 2 weeks ago at pacific reef

they sold them to me pooping white :(

the female has a white growth on her bottom fin (i think its an infected wound cause she keeps "digging" the sand under the cave they live in)

they're alot better now after lots of garlic, they eat bloodworms and prime reef by ocean nutrition. getting mysis shrimp for vitamins soon

with these fish it seems like as soon as i fix something, another thing goes wrong...

Fish007.jpg

no that is not a white spots on the fish thats just dirt on my glass i'll take better pics as soon as i learn how to use this camera

Bobioden-

I have some question for you. It looks like you have an anemone. If I am correct, what kind is it, how big does it get, and is it dangerous?

BKtomodachi

Me either.

BTW, my TB ORA 3/4" ocellaris are out of quarantine now... and they are the strangest fish. The smaller of the two has nothing wrong with him besides his eyesight, I think... he always smacks into things and cant seem to aim himself at floating food correctly... I think he will be okay though.

The second one is larger, and eats just fine, but is developing clear firm blobs growing on his sides.. they werent there during quarantine and I'll juse leave him be. They are some seriously strange fish.

Does anyone feed HBH Flake frenzy? I dont have my fish yet but my frien who breeds them says this is a really good food they cant refuse.

Archived