ReefCleaners.org

Official Clownfish Owner's Thread

Travis

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I got into this hobby three months ago, I feel like I have OCB. Don't want to add up how much money I have spent on this hobby. I set up a 50 gallon reef tank with the intention of creating a mated pair of tomato clowns. I saw these on Live Aquaria and had to have them. I ended up buying another 50 gallon tank for the True Percula.

I didn't like the bare bottom and flower pot idea. I ended up setting up another reef tank. I upgraded my lighting from 130 watts to 384 watts so hopefully in about a year I will buy a carpet anenmone.

I read through this thread and saw how some people have gotten Onyx Clowns really cheap. You can add me to that list. I was at Tropical Imports today and found an Onyx Clown still in the shipping bag. The reason I went was because they were having a 20% flyer discount sale. I paid $16 for the female.

=O You paid $16 for a female Onyx? I hate you. ;) j/k Great buy! Now you just need to look around for a male. ;) The fish looks great. Older fish, but great! :)

I didn't think they would sell it to me because they still hadn't acclimated it. If anyone wants to take a look they're in Glendale on Colorado Blvd, close to Chevy Chase Ave. They had about 3 females for $26, but their bars haven't fully developed. They don't know they're onyx percula, but they must have paid less than $10 for it. What suxs is that they are trying to sell a pair ofpercula for $60, that isn't actually a pair. They have a 3" female with a 1/2-1" juvenile and they are calling it a pair.

I am kicking myself in the a*s for paying so much for the first pair. I am trying to establish another pair so it averages out to $100 for each pair.

yellowbird53

th_babies.jpg

Is this the most insane photo? I love it. I am going to get some Saturday AM July 16th. If you want me to p/u for you, I will, if you p/u from me in Orange by Sunday 12 noon.

• 3 months later...

I had a B&W and a Tru Perc pair in my Nano Cube. I've had them together for months. Last week I added a Royal Gramma and a Firefish on the same day. For a week, no problems, everyone got a long great. On Tuesday I added a Yellow Ric to my tank, the only change I made to the tank in about 10 days. The B&W started hanging around the Ric like she was hosting with it, then suddenly started getting aggressive towards the Tru and only the Tru. It got really nasty today, and before she did any damage to the Tru, I got him out of there. As soon as the Tru was gone, the B&W was fine. No more problems. She's still hanging out with the Ric, no aggresion towards the other fish at all. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this??

• 5 months later...
seahorsejl

Here is my Gold Stripe Maroon Clown in his Green Bubble Tip Anemone (started hosting the second day they were introduced together!).

5-1-2006-IMG_2953.jpg

My false p. sleeps under the overflow from the skimmer. Funniest thing, he looks like he's riding a mechanical bull.

seahorsejl
WOW who dug this up?

That would be me :) Was just happy to have a clownfish again, that I decided to post a picture.

• 2 months later...

Archived