Cultivated Reef

Official Clownfish Owner's Thread

Travis

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my 2 Ocellaris

11195eat.jpg

The bigger one attackes my hand then I am trying to clean the tank. Is this normal? It hurts when he gets the webbing between my fingers.

Here is a nice shot with the flash on of my Black Saddleback clown...LFS called it a black perc, but either way, I like it....Doesn't do too bad against my much larger Maroon Clown either!!!

Here is the other clown in my life LOL.....A nice and growing fast Maroon Clown (more like a Cinnamaroon due to the dark cinnamon coloring vs. the traditional maroon that is much brighter)...Love it's rbta host!!!

thanks cesar...it was hard to catch it in the light fully to get the deep cinnamon burnt color...It has doubled in size since the end of '03 when I got it, but it used to have this neon orange trim around the fins and was just a bit lighter, but as it has grown, it has darkened alot...The black and white is still my favorite though...Everyone said you definately can't keep two opposite clowns together, but they go well..A chunk out of a fin here or there on each, but otherwise, they do fairly well...Been 6-7 months since I put them together, and so far so good!!

Thats a strange colour for maroons. Usualy the yellow stripes ge tthat dark but have the yellow bands already the white stripes are suposed to be realy realy bright. Maybe a hybred of the 2 good find. That saddle of your looks like a wide-banded clownfish

Thats a strange colour for maroons. Usualy the yellow stripes ge tthat dark but have the yellow bands already the white stripes are suposed to be realy realy bright. Maybe a hybred of the 2 good find. That saddle of your almost looks like a wide-banded clownfish but definatly a saddle by the slope of the middle bar. Sweet clowns

I don't see a picture...But clownfish will change sex as they get older. When they are born, they are nothing. When they get about 1 3/4" long they should be male. When the get larger, if he isn't in a already in a pair with a female, it will become female.

Archived