Cultivated Reef

Official Clownfish Owner's Thread

Travis

Well, I thought that we Clownfish Owners needed our own thread so here it is. By posting this thread I hope to see many pictures of different Clownfish. So with out further adew(sp?), here's a Picture of my Black & White Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris).

Clownfish.jpg

BTW, These lil' guys are tank bread ;)

Oh, and if anyone has a Hybrid-Pair of Clownfish, please show us the Pictures B)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres another false perc I just got today, although he looks like hes been roughed up real good, the lfs guy fished out the wrong one, I made the newbie mistake of not thoroughly checking out the fish you buy.

Ok now that I have seen diff pics I am not sure if mine are percula or saddlback's. anyways for now these are the pics that are not quite close enough to truly show what they totally look like.

attachment.php?attachmentid=5812

attachment.php?attachmentid=5814

My clowns just started hardcore hosting in my Green Brain tonight :D Nevermind that they still completely ignore my BTA... But nevertheless, here's a cute photo:

ed0a62062434bdd509232fdabe6b55f80_full.jpg

Heres my A. Ocellaris hosting in my frogspawn. She's going through a melanistic resonse due to hosting in the frogspawn. Doesn't effect the fish, just a bit unsightly.

P1040087.jpg

Sounds good.

Any more Clown Owners want to post pics? In the latest poll put out by the Administration of this Forum. Clownfish is the #1 Fish on this site. over 200 People choose the Clownfish as their most favorite fish for nano-Reefing. There's got to be more Pictures ;)

On another note, what are all of you feeding your Clowns? As of right now i am feeding Mysis Shrimp and Omega One Flake food.

Oh, I will never be able to buy any clown besides a true perc or a b&w again... I love true percs and their colors... Gold Stripe Maroons are cool, but they don't retain their small clownfish size and shape... :( Hope we get some weird clowns...

Good looking Clowns Guys!

IMO/E I think that a varrid diet of Flakes Frozen Shrimp and Frozen Algae is verry important to the clownfish's overall health in the long run. How would you like to be fed the same thing day in and day out at nearly the same time EVERY DAY!?!?!?...Just a thought ;)

Originally posted by Travis

Good looking Clowns Guys!

IMO/E I think that a varrid diet of Flakes Frozen Shrimp and Frozen Algae is verry important to the clownfish's overall health in the long run.  How would you like to be fed the same thing day in and day out at nearly the same time EVERY DAY!?!?!?...Just a thought ;)

mmm pizza for lunch and dinner mmmmm

Archived